Maitenance during APAC primetime... again..

Nanglez

I'm two sided about this so i'm gonna be nice and be a dick.

1. It really sucks that maintenance always interrupts the same people in their main play time (I'm one of those people)

2. If you cant handle a 2 hour downtime... Get a life, seriously its just a game

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to spread the love, so to speak. Let some of these guys who say it's fine because it doesn't effect their playtime have a little taste.:cool:

Yes, this is it exactly and what I've complained about in previous threads. If they did just one of these "unscheduled" maintenance(s) per month during prime-time U.S. hours instead, they'd get some complaints, but no one would likely unsubscribe due to one maintenance. This one maintenance would have only affected those players once during a 30-day period.

Bioware is not doing that, though. They are claiming that it is "unscheduled," then scheduling it for the exact same time each time. Eventually, the people affected are going to hit the road. Any sane person that is repeatedly hit by this supposedly, "unscheduled" maintenance would.

Edited by Blackbird_BbB

Why? Because if a bug sneaks through, people start demanding a second maintenance within the same week to correct the bug.

They do a second maintenance? People start complaining about the multiple maintenances.

In other words, people on this forum will keep on complaining for the sake of complaining.

The purple crafted gear bug is why, I'd assume.

meh alright... I know it's only for a few hours but man it sucks when this happens at the most convenient times when I play. It's like taking a hit from a nuke when I see those dreaded red words across the screen the servers are going down. :/

or it could be the issue with companions not color matching gear, or one of the other great gifts we get in ever patch that BW puts out.

I doubt we'd have an unplanned maintenance for companion color unification. That's one of those "they can live with it until Tuesday" kind of problems.

Why? Because if a bug sneaks through, people start demanding a second maintenance within the same week to correct the bug.

They do a second maintenance? People start complaining about the multiple maintenances.

In other words, people on this forum will keep on complaining for the sake of complaining.

Are you complaining about the complaining for the sake of complaining?

I doubt we'd have an unplanned maintenance for companion color unification. That's one of those "they can live with it until Tuesday" kind of problems.

I agree but if they can get a bug fixed sooner they have my full support.

Edited by Tordos

Are you complaining about the complaining for the sake of complaining?

Simply stating that regardless what BioWare will do, the hate must go on. And yet mere hours later, people are surprised as to why there is so little direct interaction with this community.

I'm two sided about this so i'm gonna be nice and be a dick.

1. It really sucks that maintenance always interrupts the same people in their main play time (I'm one of those people)

2. If you cant handle a 2 hour downtime... Get a life, seriously its just a game

When I get up I spend my afternoon doing all those day to day chores that need to get done. THen I go off to work and work 8-10 hours. I get off work in the wee hours of the AM and most days I am just wanting to come home and relax on my lay-z-boy and play a game that I enjoy most of the time..... but I tend to find myself 2+ days a week finding a server going offline 10 minutes after I log in.

I do have a life. I have chosen to give BW my money instead of running a DVR to record the crap networks air while I am at work. So you see.... this repetitive paching to fix their frakups is getting beyond old. I accept once a week, even though this is the first MMO that does it at this hour for me, but these multi patches a week are a direct result to BWs failure as an MMO devolper.

Actually there is. Currently your unable to equip crafted purple items regardless of your subscription/authorization status. Pretty much game breaker for lowbies, just like the companion bug was last week.

But you have right to be mad about it, seems like bioware has nonexistent Q/A team, or completely incompetent one. Two gamebreakers in row they need to hotfix, specially when the initial patch didnt even fix any major issues. It almost smells like they only focus on cartel market right now and ignore the other issues completely.

Interesting as I have had absolutely no issues doing so. However I do know others that have. I know others that have had issues as subscribers that are showing as f2p as well. There are some annoying things going on but this is the life we deal with as an mmo player. Sadly things seem to break more often than they get fixed in this game. Truly must be a ***** to program and use the engine they have for this game. I think they do try to give us a good product though it seems at times just the opposite.

Threads like these can get tedious, but in a way it is a good sign. It means that there are still people who care about the game that they will complain about being denied the fun.

The day that no one complains about maintenance is the day almost no one cares anymore.

So ironically, threads like these are an indicator that the game is very much alive.

Simply stating that regardless what BioWare will do, the hate must go on. And yet mere hours later, people are surprised as to why there is so little direct interaction with this community.

I'm not sure if I agree with your generalization but ok.

"Corrected an issue that prevented players from equipping some crafted Artifact (purple) quality gear."

Mystery solved.

u said it urself,

i didn't say that.

BTW if u r a singaporean then u won't impact either, unless u have no job.

I'm Australian genius, I simply play with a few Singaporeans.. Probably because they're also part of the APAC region.

The day that no one complains about maintenance is the day almost no one cares anymore.

So ironically, threads like these are an indicator that the game is very much alive.

I wouldn't say it is ironic at all. It is a good game. And you're right, we wouldn't complain if it wasn't. We'd just quit and be done with it. Nothing wrong with being the squeaky wheel and hoping for some grease, though. We want to play! ;)

If it were up to me, I would provide a reason for an unscheduled maintenance. We'll just have to see what gets fixed.

Yeah that would be nice.

To be honest though give the games history I would schedule maitanace on a wednesday to fix whaever tuesdays broke and on a thursday to fix whatever wednesdays broke.

It would be simpler all around. :)

SWTOR does go down a LOT for fix to the patch that was supposed to fix stuff stuff.

Again I wish they just ran a proper test server rather than pushing anything that doesn't crash the server Live and then fix it later, it's a horrible policy.

I love it when people whine about maintenance...

Is SW:TOR really that large a part of your life that 2 hours of downtime on a thursday is completely ruining your life?

Take a breath. Watch a good movie, or two or three episodes of your favourite tv-show. Read a book. Maby do the dishes, or whatever else it is that takes up your time when youre not playing SW:TOR and that will give you more time to play when the servers are back up again.

Its really not that much of a bother.

And if it is, to you, then you really need some help.

I love it when people whine about maintenance...

Is SW:TOR really that large a part of your life that 2 hours of downtime on a thursday is completely ruining your life?

Take a breath. Watch a good movie, or two or three episodes of your favourite tv-show. Read a book. Maby do the dishes, or whatever else it is that takes up your time when youre not playing SW:TOR and that will give you more time to play when the servers are back up again.

Its really not that much of a bother.

And if it is, to you, then you really need some help.

Again though SWTOR is likely averaging close to 1 unplanned maintance a week, that's much higher than any other MMORPG I've ever played, and I've played a few.

In the beginning, just after release, it was understandable, but it's becoming clear that it's just not going away, it's some sort of systemic management flaw in their bug control system. :(

SWTOR does go down a LOT for fix to the patch that was supposed to fix stuff stuff.

Again I wish they just ran a proper test server rather than pushing anything that doesn't crash the server Live and then fix it later, it's a horrible policy.

Its nice that they do all the bug fixing.

It REALLY sucks that they always do it AFTER they release content.

Edited by GrandMike

Again though SWTOR is likely averaging close to 1 unplanned maintance a week, that's much higher than any other MMORPG I've ever played, and I've played a few.

In the beginning, just after release, it was understandable, but it's becoming clear that it's just not going away, it's some sort of systemic management flaw in their bug control system. :(

Wow, you made my text tiny.

That somehow made me feel inferior,

so now i had to do this.

See what you made me do?

Edited by OddballEasyEight