So it become the worst release in modern MMO time.

Mamono

Have seen nearly all the "Bad" launches. I think what some folks just can't get into their heads however, is that anything that keeps you from playing the game you paid for, equals a bad launch.

The funny thing about the "Positive" comments, is that these are from the same people that were completely BASHING anyone who spoke up about the horrible way Early Access was handled. We were all told that they were staggering the EA release to prevent the very thing that everyone is complaining about now.....queues.

The bad launched of the past, were mainly bad due to the quality of the game itself. Bugs, flawed graphical issues, game changing imbalance issues, etc. For the most part, SW:TOR does not have these.

What makes this launch one of the worst in modern time, is how the launch was handled, not the game itself. It's completely funny to me that folks are so willing to put all the blame on themselves/players, without putting any blame on Bioware.

There are a lot of ways that BW could have handled this differently and they have blown it.

Those complaining - At least give Bioware some credit for the quality of the game itself.

Those trying to rip the complainers apart - At least give Bioware some fault for the way they handled the launch itself.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why you have your panties up in a bunch. This is a great release. If you think they need to cater to every little need the community complains about, your insane. If you think the queues would not exist, your insane. Long story short, this is one of the best releases for MMO ever. Yes, better than WoW was 8 yrs ago. If you do not like it, stop playing.

One more quick thing, to those saying there is no issue with the grace timer setup, you are wrong. Waiting an hour to get into the game, getting booted 20 minutes later and being stuck in an hour and fifteen minute queue, is absolute and utter crap.

Bad situation is bad, even if you haven't been affected by it. Don't try to play it off as not a problem simply because you haven't been affected.....yet.

The no grace period on being booted does need fixed and quickly. But besides that this has gone pretty well. I remember Rift having 9 hour queues on the more popular servers. It happens, people will spread out, and population caps will be increased eventually. Just kinda how it goes.

What where BioWare and AE thinking about? Did they have no precausjon to make the release as good as possible? Have they not learned anything from other MMO’s and what they did wrong?

Lets see….

No grace timer on DC’s.

If you end up DC’ing you end up at the wery end of the queue. Sucks to be you then :s

No character transfer system in the game from release. They KNEW that there would be queues, so why have they not made this an option? Every freaking MMO game in the world has some form for queue problem. BioWare should have known this from the beginning.

Queue problem.

In early access we got a look in how they handled the queue. They could not handle it.

I was complaining about it but ½ of the people were saying, stop whining, at lunch they will open all the servers for max population. The queue will be acceptable then.

Right, we see how well that went.

If BioWare even had an idea about what queues other MMO’s have been through, they did a terrible job of trying to prevent it on their MMO.

Then there is the player support.

Still no e-mail support when it comes to account problems. You just get an automatically mail saying that you have to call the support or not get any help at all.

Still no toll free phone to others then UK, France and Germany so the cost of that call my be quite a surprise do to extreme phone queue time.

Then you have the in game stuff like UI etc etc.

They have tried to go their own way, but by doing so they have made things bad. A fresh person coming into the world of MMO would probably accept it as it is, but most of the players are experienced MMO players. They WILL bring with them experience and ideas from other games and compare SWToR against that game. BioWare trying to invent the wheel again, but not by improving it, but by making it square. It works, but by god it is a bad ride.

BioWare do have a team working on the UI now, but what have they done up to now? Extended summerholyday?

Forum:

The forum is working on ½ machine. Should have been up and running from day 1 in release.

A few days ago I said all this will happen but people keept saying. Wait to release and everything will straighten out.

You are playing early access, whitch is the same as an Beta, abig patch will be done on release so many of the bugs and problems in the game will be gone.

Where is that dame patch? I can’t see any…..

So in basic. Early access game is the same game as release game.

BioWare, /boot to the head.

Worst release ever? Anarchy Online. Nuff said. It was absolutely unplayable for days, even weeks. It took them months to make the game stable. Ah, the days of lagging in Tir for 5 straight minutes with the screen frozen while you listened to your toon die in the mote. Good times! :)

The queue system needs a grace period for sure but that's my only complaint at the moment.

What where BioWare and AE thinking about? Did they have no precausjon to make the release as good as possible? Have they not learned anything from other MMO’s and what they did wrong?

Lets see….

No grace timer on DC’s.

If you end up DC’ing you end up at the wery end of the queue. Sucks to be you then :s

No character transfer system in the game from release. They KNEW that there would be queues, so why have they not made this an option? Every freaking MMO game in the world has some form for queue problem. BioWare should have known this from the beginning.

Queue problem.

In early access we got a look in how they handled the queue. They could not handle it.

I was complaining about it but ½ of the people were saying, stop whining, at lunch they will open all the servers for max population. The queue will be acceptable then.

If BioWare even had an idea about what queues other MMO’s have been through, they did a terrible job of trying to prevent it on their MMO.

Still no e-mail support when it comes to account problems. You just get an automatically mail saying that you have to call the support or not get any help at all.

Still no toll free phone to others then UK, France and Germany so the cost of that call my be quite a surprise do to extreme phone queue time.

They have tried to go their own way, but by doing so they have made things bad. A fresh person coming into the world of MMO would probably accept it as it is, but most of the players are experienced MMO players. They WILL bring with them experience and ideas from other games and compare SWToR against that game. BioWare trying to invent the wheel again, but not by improving it, but by making it square. It works, but by god it is a bad ride.

BioWare do have a team working on the UI now, but what have they done up to now? Extended summerholyday?

Forum:

The forum is working on ½ machine. Should have been up and running from day 1 in release.

A few days ago I said all this will happen but people keept saying. Wait to release and everything will straighten out.

You are playing early access, whitch is the same as an Beta, abig patch will be done on release so many of the bugs and problems in the game will be gone.

take your whining and go back to wow...

Dont care how other mmo's handled launches or *****es. Who cares.

What i do care is that i didnt pay for getting queued.

Simple as that.

BAM! And there it is. Basically just said that your entire OP was a lie and you are just mad because you are in a queue. Nice. Thanks for clearing that up.

Age of Conan was worse by far. This is one of the best releases I've experienced. Queue times are the only serious issue, but once you're playing it's epic.

Edit: Because my response implied that I thought this release was bad.

Case in point. Funcom release Anarchy online too as well as Conan. Those guys really had a hard time with releases. This one is fine. :)

Same problems as many other MMOs.

They shoulda locked character creation on the early access servers, plain and simple. It would have kept some people from having friends who didnt pre order from joining them, but that's a small price to pay. I logged in to a "10 minute" queue. I've now been in it for 20 minutes and am almost exactly through HALF of the queue.

More like 40 minute queue.

Lets see….

No grace timer on DC’s.

Queue problem.

Forum:

First of all, learn to spell check. Second of all, this is a free market. If you do not like what you're getting, walk away and pocket next months subscription fee's.

You know what irritates me about all of this? These forums. What a bunch of entitled brats. I sincerely hope the developers don't actually take any of this wet nurse tripe seriously.

Lets see….

No grace timer on DC’s.

Queue problem.

Forum:

Wow.. you are way off.. and clearly you have not played a lot of MMOs... this is by far one of if not the best launch I've ever seen... and that includes both EQ and EQ2, WOW, DAOC, and others I have forgotten

Please, someone, name me one MMO that had Server transfers at launch. I've seen a good number of them dating back to EQ, and I don't remember any existing. Rift seemed to have it out faster than just about any other game, but they still didn't have it at launch.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.