We dont want warzones , we want open world PVP

Dannyj_

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Haven't seen a single enemy in a so-called contested PVP zone yet. I am sure most are just grinding but aren't PVP servers supposed to be....well PVP servers?

Game hasn't been out long at all. We don't all have that much time to level through so much to reach the zones so fast.I've played early access and i'm still on Taris lvl 22. Give it time.

Granted, I started on day 1 of EGA but in 34 levels I have only had one only one open world pvp experience. And... I'm on a pvp server. Not to mention that experience was me happening upon only one person of the opposite faction on Tatooine, killing them and not seeing them again the rest of my time there.

Leveling on a pvp server in other games has brought some excitement to he table and provIded a nice distraction to questing. I'm just not feeling that here. My server is now at full capacity during peak times and I'm still not seeing anyone.

The only solution I can think of at this point is raising world shard pop caps, but I'm beginning to think the planets were just not designed to put the opposing factions in close proximity to eachother.

I was going to disagree but then

2)Since there are objectives and none everyone cares , the ones that do care are ussualy punished by frustration

is to true. Not once or twice, but several times, have I been playing voidstar and just blowing up every single door, opening every bridge. Then defending the doors, while the big battle was by one door I'd stand by the other alone to make sure noone bombed it, or I'd be the only one caring about if anyone plants a bomb during a team fight.

Then, after doing everything to win. I get 1 medal, 0 votes, low dmg done and low healing done. No medals, no MVP votes: no reward.

I really like the strategic problems that these warzones are. But I don't like that you get rewarded only for dpsing, healing, tanking when there's actual objectives in the game.

Give us medals for completing objectives, and there will be a point to them warzones.

As a Veteran PVP'er in mostly any game i have ever played.

I learned that Warzones , battlegrounds and everything you like to call it , ruins real PVP.

There is nothing more epic then a huge fight in a zone with your friends vs the opposite faction that results in a guild war.

Warzones are easily bored and is just a major grindfest.

To make this constructive , i'l list a few issues with Warzones

1)Warzones is a grind

2)Since there are objectives and none everyone cares , the ones that do care are ussualy punished by frustration

3)The persons that are not commendating to going for the obvious objectives of a warzone are ussualy rewarded by it , MVP votes ussualy goes to the top dmg dealer or with the best kill / death score

4) Community in warzones is awfull , yesterday i hade a guy flaming and harrasing me cause i got knockbacked on the fire platform in hutball ( he said i stood still while i was stunned )

I would love to debate this and ask the community for their experience and share it with us , but please keep it constructive

What you mean "we" pale face?

I would much rather battlegrounds. Open pvp is fine but given the imbalance of imps to repubs it's bound to be unbalanced. Battlegrounds are even, competative and have structure.

Don't get me wrong, I love open world pvp and hope they add more and add rewards for it, but I would much rather see more warzones if it comes down to either or.

i must say, after recently play WAR again (warhammer mmo) that its open rvr system right now is rather good. you can always have your fun, no matter if you are the zerg or being zerged. in first case you just get stable amount of points and hunt the minority, in second you are risking to getting instagibed by the zerg but getting those 3k RP solo kills is very, very satisfying when you catch some of them off guard and alone. also a proper 6 man team can press a full 24 people warband really hard if they are on voip and know what to do.

i would like to see something like that in SWTOR too because in WAR i found myself that i always have something to do - no matter what time it is, am i alone or in company. in SWTOR it is not like this now - in terms of PvP ofcourse. Warzones actually can a) get boring very fast b) when you get in with a bad team you are forced being spanked for next 10-15 minutes with no real alternative.

WAR pvp was good, SWTOR pvp is pretty bad compared to other MMO's. 3 warzones and two open pvp areas? Not nearly enough in my opinion. But this game is about the story and not PvP, so its expected.

Did everyone is this thread thus far not get into huge skirmishes with Imp's on tattoine or Nar Shaddaa? Because this guy did everyday i was in those zones. Hope your servers get better! This thread seems null and void and seems more like people are being impatient on letting the zones be actually populated....grats to all you 2 day level 50 crowd on being alone.

I was going to disagree but then

is to true. Not once or twice, but several times, have I been playing voidstar and just blowing up every single door, opening every bridge. Then defending the doors, while the big battle was by one door I'd stand by the other alone to make sure noone bombed it, or I'd be the only one caring about if anyone plants a bomb during a team fight.

Then, after doing everything to win. I get 1 medal, 0 votes, low dmg done and low healing done. No medals, no MVP votes: no reward.

I really like the strategic problems that these warzones are. But I don't like that you get rewarded only for dpsing, healing, tanking when there's actual objectives in the game.

Give us medals for completing objectives, and there will be a point to them warzones.

Indeed, this needs to be fixed... people dont give a **** about objectives... And why the hell should they? In voidstart I did the same as you, and like you no medals or votes... The most tragical part about it is: even though I did all the objectives, I got the least objective points? Same thing with Alderaan, capping or solo defending doesn't give any rewards, the only way to get medals is to ZERG.

There is open-world RVR ala warhammer (they do need pvp kill rewards for kills themselves though) called Ilum's Western Shelf, it is huge and has five objective points + flipping rewards, as well as weekly+daily quests for it. Also once people are levelled up they'll have sparring in Tatooine's outlaw's den. The real issue is that we need kill rewards. There is no sub-50 RVR area on normal servers, though it would be a cool addition. To those saying it always turns into a zergfest in the open-world, that's where your skill comes into play: take out higher #'s than yourselves with a coordinated group and picking off the rear. It can be quite fun. Finally, both warzones & open-world RVR are important to have: they cater to most people between the overlap of liking both, and provide content for those who prefer one or the other outright.

[*COLOR=Yellow]WAR pvp was good, SWTOR pvp is pretty bad compared to other MMO's. 3 warzones and two open pvp areas? Not nearly enough in my opinion. But this game is about the story and not PvP, so its expected.[/color]

You're incorrect: this game has a very strong PVP element at endgame. Are you 50 yet? Are enough people yet, to populate the huge RVR zone? No, not yet. Learn what's there before claiming things you aren't informed on :).

I learned that Warzones , battlegrounds and everything you like to call it , ruins real PVP.

There is nothing more epic then a huge fight in a zone with your friends vs the opposite faction that results in a guild war.

1)Warzones is a grind

3)The persons that are not commendating to going for the obvious objectives of a warzone are ussualy rewarded by it , MVP votes ussualy goes to the top dmg dealer or with the best kill / death score

4) Community in warzones is awfull , yesterday i hade a guy flaming and harrasing me cause i got knockbacked on the fire platform in hutball ( he said i stood still while i was stunned )

I would love to debate this and ask the community for their experience and share it with us , but please keep it constructive

r u srs lol? go to a pvp server or u can just go to tat or ilum people shud research before they post

So you want to be able to gank lowbies while they do quests?

No issue with that as long as regular ruleset servers stay intact...let them make servers that allow that.

After a few months when the first wave of players level up, you won't see any new players as they will be ganked 24/7 and unable to progress.

But like I have said if there is a segment of the playerbase that want that type of server, do it. But of course leave the current rulesets in place.

Edited by Doxxs

Open world PvP = War. It's rarely fair, but good planning and tactical insight will help turn the tide.

Warzones = A rigidly structured sports-like experience that has little or nothing to do with war.

OPvP is 99% of the time a "noob zerfest". What makes it appealing is the remain 1% where the fights are so much fun that you're willing to endure the other 99%.

But make no mistake, for 99% of OPvP it isn't fair, it isn't about skill, and it definately isn't about "war". No matter what the outcome is the "war" is unaffected, go RP with someone who cares. :D

Edited by ImURmaster

Wait so I have been panicking on Nar Shadda for nothing !!?!?!?!??!

First time I landed on Nar Shadda I was flagged for PvP and felt the little hairs on my neck stand up.

In short, I loved it ! :D

Oddly though, I never once saw a republic opponent. I figured they were all hiding or rushing in doing a mission and rushing out.

Now your telling me there is no PvP on Nar Shadda !?!

If that's the case,

1. How is the server, I am on a PvP server ?

2. Why is PvP flags being triggered when you go into certain areas on Nar Shadda ?

3. I have been hiding in the shadows ready to ambush like a idiot.. :(

Edited by Darth__Carnal

1)Warzones is a grind

World PvP zones are FAIL, and in practical gamer knows that. The only time they ever "succeed" is when the developers make it so that is the only thing in the game to do, Guild Wars, Dark Age of Camelot, the reason these games had successful world PvP, was because that was the game's endgame, world PvP.

The Old Republic, is not those games, Bioware will have several viable end games, and I would probably say 70% of the population didn't roll for PvP. So these fantasies of great world PvP are left doomed. Ultimately BioWare will put in an arena system, a true, competitive pvp system, in which people actually get to compete and see who is better, not who can control a tower in the middle of a zone no one even plays in anymore.

World PvP zones are FAIL, and in practical gamer knows that. The only time they ever "succeed" is when the developers make it so that is the only thing in the game to do, Guild Wars, Dark Age of Camelot, the reason these games had successful world PvP, was because that was the game's endgame, world PvP.

The Old Republic, is not those games, Bioware will have several viable end games, and I would probably say 70% of the population didn't roll for PvP. So these fantasies of great world PvP are left doomed. Ultimately BioWare will put in an arena system, a true, competitive pvp system, in which people actually get to compete and see who is better, not who can control a tower in the middle of a zone no one even plays in anymore.

thats why most of new games go free to play in a year and ppl still play daoc 10 year after release...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.