why does the squishiest class (sorc) have the least burst?

Odyseus

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, those bubbles sure are crap. So are the stuns that everyone uses with them now. Oh and did I mention it can be used back to back? Talk about a crappy defensive. :rolleyes: QQ more little sage. :rak_04:

I know! I wish I had a defensive CD that could absorb 4k+ damage, yes I said 4k as I was parsing the damage it would absorb with a dps hybrid specced sorc once day, AOE stun people, Had a 17 second cooldown once applied (with the 3 second stun and 4k+ damage being hit into it that's 12.5 seconds of no bubble at least) and could be put onto teammates too!

Yea, that 4k shield is nice. Smash/sweep only does 2-3k damage on my sorcerer w/ fresh shield, very comparable to the damage my Advanced Prototype BH takes without a shield.....oh wait I guess it isn't that great...

Lol your sorc is a fresh 50... go qq when you're geared.

Please refer to the videos that I have of a sage/sorcerer in both of the more prominent dps specs and the healing specs. Ignore the fact that I ignore objectives, there is nothing wrong with us, you just don't like to learn how to work around the class's obvious short comings. And there are plenty of other sorc/sages who do the same thing. Edited by Psirebral

Psi, I have a question for you. When do you use wrath for a crushing darkness as opposed to lightning strike. I have broken down and am trying this spec because I am convinced with the nerf of the bubble stun this will be the only possible competitive spec.... that is unless BW nerfs this for the sake of it being a hybrid.

Lol your sorc is a fresh 50... go qq when you're geared.

Haha. My sorc has 1370 expertise, my BH 1308. My BH would likely get hit harder, but he has 30% aoe DMG reduction which is virtual requirement with all the ridiculous smashing going on.

Haha. My sorc has 1370 expertise, my BH 1308. My BH would likely get hit harder, but he has 30% aoe DMG reduction which is virtual requirement with all the ridiculous smashing going on.

I rarely hit 7k smashes on 15-17ker's... So you getting smashed for 7k all the time is a BS LIE.

I do agree smash is a lot over the top right now. A Lot.... A lot, a alot...

I rarely hit 7k smashes on 15-17ker's... So you getting smashed for 7k all the time is a BS LIE.

No it isn't.

My sorc and my sage have 1370 expertise and I do get hit for smashes of 7k from equally geared players. More common are 5k and 6k smashes, but they absolutely do happen to very geared light armors.

see this is funny cuz some guy posted on here the other day exactly how he manages to get 7k smashes :eek:

I play both a Sorcerer and a Sage in PvP. We aren't nearly as squishy as you would like to believe. You get a free heal that crits for 5k-plus with decent gear on a fairly low cooldown, along with bubble. I personally don't use stun bubble as it is going to get nerfed anyway. I like my low-cooldown 2-second root out at the top of the madness/balance tree. You have lots of tools to counter other classes' burst.

I do think sorcs/sages should get an execute, but DPS is solid all-in-all.

The real issue is the derp-smash spec, which obviously needs a nerf. But our damage is fine. You just have to know how to play the class.

your right madness/balance is nice have you play lightning/tk ?

Pretty sure Infiltration/Balance Shadows are far squishier than you.

Infiltration Shadows are squishy? You can run around with 57% armor for 12 seconds straight and once that drops you're at 32% which is pretty much heavy armor...

Balance on the other hand LOL... stop pvp'ing in that terrible spec please. They die too easily.

This class is totally unplayable in warzones. On my sorcerer i have full wh augmented armor and i get hit everytime for ca. 5k if i am lucky. Most of the time the other classes hit me for 6-7k.

For example, my hard hitting spell in the lighting tree is thundering blast, casting time 2sec and does 3.3k damage?!

On the madness tree, death field + wrath+crushing darkness barely scratches a less geared juggernaut?!

I stopped playing warzones with this char and i am not the only one. Most pvp players i know rerolled other classes.

FYI i have a powertech, marauder, vanguard and a shadow and i'm destroying everyone with ease.

Especially classes like the sorcerers and mercenaries.

If someone is thinking of rolling a sorcerer for pvp and he wants to be a dps, then he better stay away from this class.

P.S. PRE 1.2 the class was fun to play, now it's crap.

P.S2: this class is also fun to play in WZ 1-49lvl, but in the lvl 50 bracket its crap.

Infiltration Shadows are squishy? You can run around with 57% armor for 12 seconds straight and once that drops you're at 32% which is pretty much heavy armor...

Balance on the other hand LOL... stop pvp'ing in that terrible spec please. They die too easily.

you say that as if it means something.......... heavy armor being considered a defensive bonus is a joke

The way PvP works now, it pretty much is. Sustained damage has very little use in warzones.
^ This. It's all about burst (and utility of course). PvP penalizes classes/specs with sustained damage (i.e. casting classes and tanks). Sages make up for it with their utility (tanks too). Try commando in PvP to see how the absence of burst and utility feels. Edited by klham

you say that as if it means something.......... heavy armor being considered a defensive bonus is a joke

You can tell the difference going from medium to heavy or heavy to medium. You act like your QQ means something when it's just a joke.

Don't know where you got those numbers from but sure.

^ This. It's all about burst (and utility of course). PvP penalizes classes/specs with sustained damage (i.e. casting classes and tanks). Sages make up for it with their utility (tanks too). Try commando in PvP to see how the absence of burst and utility feels.

This ...

It's not heavy armour. It's better. It's flat damage reduction. But yes, heavy armour, by itself, is horribly overrated.

This ...

Stop playing Gunnery in PvP. I absolutely adore my Assault Commando. Not using it in rateds, but it's ridiculous amounts of fun in solo queue.

Edited by Helig

Most damage in the game is mitigated by it. A fully geared sorc I don't think breaks 20%- meaning a smash that would hit for 10k hits for 8k damage. On someone with 40% mitigation though that's a 6k hit- if they use a defensive for 50% they'd take 5k.

Being hit for 60% rather than 80% of damage makes a huge difference- when you take a 6k crit in heavy armour, that sorc beside you would take an 8k crit, and the operative would take around 6.8k. If a decent crit is 4k- you can take in WH gear one full extra crit as a heavy over a light armour without being healed.

Every 20k damage you take getting to essentially cancel a decent crit on you is nothing to sneeze at- in fact, that's about how much health you get from a sorc bubble every 20 seconds if reapplied.

Depends on 'spec.

Unless your heals your fodder. DPS wise its like they expected us to run circles around melee but instead we get smashed, interrupted, stunned and taken out in less then 5 seconds. Its a trial getting away from melee, even there leap is on such a short CD for the range it has your wondering why your getting cut in two.

Its the same with mercs as well. Look its pretty clear that sorcerers are just garbage when dishing out damage at the most we can merely stick with the pack and provide utility but on our own we need to really get the drop on people.

Hell a fully procced buffed lightning sorcerer doesn't do nearly enough damage compared to the meaty melee and health/armor other classes have.

All our defenses are based on CCing the other person which wouldn't be a problem if our damage could help wound them. Electrocute which obviously should be on a much shorter CD if its meant to help our defense is just a clone of the bounty hunter electrocute dart and they wear heavy armor and pack health.

Biggest problem was that our healing was the only thing helping fights last longer but they decided to nerf that and incidentally nerfed sorcerers/mercs to the ground. Unless they devote 1.6 to PvP rebalancing its just going to be a pain playing sorc.