Imperial Trooper Armor for Cartel Coins

Demonsgate

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have A SOLUTION

put imp armor adaptive version on sale in the cartel market and add new armor to the collectors edition vendor

Add old school silver sith armor and throwback armor from kotor to ce vendor the ce vendor needs an update badly

Edited by kirorx

This is the armor I was referring to in another thread. CE does me no good as I do not own it. Start updating the CE vender (like you guys said you would iirc), with new armor, and roll this out to the cartel market or at least a variation of this.

There are a bunch of different variants of the Imperial Trooper armor (especially the Taris camo or snow verisons) they could use. As long as CE owners (yes I'm a CE owner too) are the only ones with access to Imperial Trooper armor we'll never see that many in game. Heck you barely ever see anyone wearing it as it is. There are more Republic Troopers and Republic Trooper guilds than you can shake a stick at, but this is a major hindrance for Imperial Trooper guilds. While I wouldn't mind them adding the same CE set to the Cartel. I would prefer to see them add in a set, different from the CE set, to the cartel or a quest reward even.

However they need to put the fricken' belt in that goes with the Imperial Trooper set. It's as bad as the SWG devs not putting in the belts for some Stormtrooper armors.

There is also what I like to call the Army Troopers. The guys in black generally wearing what looks like a classic Scout Trooper helmet with out the face plate. Tons of them on Tatooine. Sure it's not as iconic as the Sith Trooper armor but it'd still work as well.

I did say it didn't have to be the one in the CE vendor as there's several versions of it., like the red, white, and Black & Red that I've also seen in game, any one of these could be implemented on a vendor within the fleet for the imperials or put in the Cartel Market.
That, I could live with, but the black one with red lining should stay CE exclusive. Yes, I have a CE and wear that armor on several toons, but that's not the point.

That armor is sold by a vendor who was advertised as only accessible by CE owners, with items exclusive for CE owners. None of the other things in the CE came with that exclusiveness and they were never advertised as such.

So yes, I can actually live with for example the white one with red lining becoming available to other players, or the white/gray/red or the white/black or the black/white ones for that matter. As long as they are clearly recognizably different from the CE version.

Hell no, Imperial Trooper armor should be kept CE exclusive. We paid almost triple the price of the game, we should have something utterly unique.

On that note - we need more items at CE vendor. maybe some cool looking armor for Republic, the officer uniform is nowhere near the coolness of the Imp Trooper.

I am so sick and tired of CE owners whining about exclusivity as there are SO MANY Imperial heavy-based armours on the NPC's that your precious little Imperial Trooper armour stays intact and a sign of your stupid elitism.

Bioware SHOULD make it easier for us to obtain a good looking "imperial heavy" armours, with a variety, without publishing the coveted Imperial Trooper armour on the Cartel store.

I would gladly pay 2000+ coins to obtain a cool looking armour that I usually see on NPC's (especially the red versions).

One example:

http://www.torhead.com/npc/3XNacOa/imperial-sentinel

Edited by Nightmage

I agree with keeping the CE trooper armor as CE only, and I'm saying that as a non-CE owner.

However, I also agree with adding some of the other forms of armor as cartel items. There are so many versions of Imperial trooper armor that Bioware could find a happy middle ground between CE owners and everyone else. I would glady pay for some good Imperial armor for my agent.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I don't own CE.

Would like some more "imperial" armor overall, with the imp logo etc. Maybe like a scout trooper design, desert trooper, snow trooper. Whatever, just give cool looking imperial armors.

Would pay maybe about 2k coins for a good looking imp armor set.

Cheers!

Just say no to CE items in the Cartel store.

There's more versions of imperial trooper then the ones on the CE vendor, as stated in many replies in this thread. If you look around ingame you should be able to spot NPC's also wearing other versions of the imperial trooper armor :)

• 4 weeks later...
As stated above, this is a CE only armour set. Should never become available outside of CE owners.

If this is how BioWare wants to roll, fine.

Then give us an all black or all white Imperial Trooper Armor set and let them keep their gray or red one, whatever it is.

THE PEOPLE DEMAND TROOPER ARMOR.

I don't think EA is gonna give a crap, sadly... and actually keep this item as it is - CE only, instead of try to 'milk money' from the Armour via the Market, which is actually not something EA would pass up... BUT I WANT IMP AMROUR YOU LOUSY GITS!! *cries blood!!*

Wueh!

Well, one can always hope they become a bit generous and let us BUY the armour for Cartel Coins.

Want an Imperial Trooper armor? It will cost you $30, just visit your local retailers to see if they have CE in stock.

I wanted it, and just got it off eBay for $40.

No serious developer would ever s*it on thousands of people who spent $150 for a collectible item to satisfy your role playing needs, and the fact that you open a thread to demand it is abhorrent and disrespectful.

I don't think any variant of the Imperial Trooper Armor should be released since the Collector Edition customers spent their hard earned money on the set. The only exception would be a Bounty Hunter variant. Like, the chestplate customized with a little shoulder cape or Mandalorian markings, ect. Same with the other pieces of the set.

• 1 month later...
If you can cough up 40$ usd for 5500 cc coins, I am sure you can cough up that much for a C.E edition.

I am not a CE owner, and you took the words right out of my mouth. Problem is, CE doesn't cost $40 last I checked. If it did, I would totally get it.

I am not a CE owner, and you took the words right out of my mouth. Problem is, CE doesn't cost $40 last I checked. If it did, I would totally get it.

I just checked, and yes, it's $150 for the CE, but it comes in a physical package that has a whole bunch of other cool stuff in it (for those of you who have forgotten that and claim that the CE vendor is the only thing you got.)

So, after reading the entire thread, here is my solution:

If you have a vip lounge wristband, which you can either buy with 1000000 credits or $5, you can purchase access to the collector's edition vendor for 11000 CCs, or $80 worth. Now, those of you who own the CE, again keep in mind that you still have a bunch of PHYSICAL items that you bought along with your copy of SWTOR, and know that we are shelling out a decent amount for just a fraction of what you get.

As has been stated before, the Imperial Trooper armor is one of the only UNIQUE items in the Collector's Edition store. The only way you'll see that thing made available elsewhere, is if they replace it with something equally unique. And let's be honest; people would gripe about that just as much, if not more.

The simple truth is that if you were a long-time fan and truly wanted the armor, the SWTOR Collector's Edition plummeted in price after release, down as low as $40 (I've heard lower, but cannot confirm). If you missed out, then that definitely sucks, but for many of us, the CE-Store's exclusivity is the sole reason we purchased the CE at all. To make its items available elsewhere would be a complete betrayal to those who purchased it.