Imperial Trooper Armor for Cartel Coins

Demonsgate

As has been stated before, the Imperial Trooper armor is one of the only UNIQUE items in the Collector's Edition store. The only way you'll see that thing made available elsewhere, is if they replace it with something equally unique. And let's be honest; people would gripe about that just as much, if not more.

The simple truth is that if you were a long-time fan and truly wanted the armor, the SWTOR Collector's Edition plummeted in price after release, down as low as $40 (I've heard lower, but cannot confirm). If you missed out, then that definitely sucks, but for many of us, the CE-Store's exclusivity is the sole reason we purchased the CE at all. To make its items available elsewhere would be a complete betrayal to those who purchased it.

Then what about adding an item on the cartel market that unlocks the CE in-game store? For, say, 6000 CCs you can get your hands on the items available there. It wouldn't be "betrayal" to us CE owners, we have the physical items after all.

And besides. There are other Imperial trooper armours in the game that look different than the CE armour. Unless you all are dead against people getting their hands on any Imperial trooper armours, I think adding one that doesn't look like the CE armour is only fair to roleplayers.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then what about adding an item on the cartel market that unlocks the CE in-game store? For, say, 6000 CCs you can get your hands on the items available there. It wouldn't be "betrayal" to us CE owners, we have the physical items after all.

And besides. There are other Imperial trooper armours in the game that look different than the CE armour. Unless you all are dead against people getting their hands on any Imperial trooper armours, I think adding one that doesn't look like the CE armour is only fair to roleplayers.

Absolutely not.

I'm fine with releasing similar armor models in different colorschemes, like the white/red, white/black and pure red variations seen on some in game locations. On the condition that they are still recognizably different even when combined with some black chestpiece and "unified to chest color".

The CE was a limited release, and more than enough of those HAVE been released as well. The vendor and its items are exclusives to that specific release. So no, a Cartel Coin variation or "digital upgrade" is NOT acceptable.

People who want the armour as it is exclusively available from the CE vendor should simply visit Amazon or eBay or something. There are actually still some CE's available here and there. And they're still cheaper than what the original buyers shelled out for it.

Ok, I know that this thread has attracted a lot of haters who want to be better than anyone else, some more than others, and that this post will only attract more of them.

First, and although I know you're going to ignore this part, let me at least try to be clear: we understand that you shelled out a whole lot of money on something that became pretty much worthless in a year, and you don't want the last thing that makes your purchase worthwhile to become non-exclusive. Also, I've made my suggestion, and I know that you don't like it because it still removes any exclusivity that you still may have, and I respect that.

Let's be honest though: As has become painfully clear since the cartel market was released, all EA cares about is money. They don't care about the quality of the game, the bugs, or the new 'features' that they added to 'enhance' your experience. They are greedy capitalists who only care about themselves.

Now, I'm no statistician, or accountant, or other type of math genius, but when it comes to money, the fact remains that there are more people who would pay to get the armor in question than people who would stop playing if their precious treasure went up for grabs. Sad, i know, that they care more about money than customer loyalty, but if they can get more money if they make your precious elite advantage worthless, they will, especially if they aren't making any more from collector's editions; they've already sold them all, they don't care if you try to sell them or throw them out, because you've already given them what they wanted: money.

Sad, but true.

1) The collectors edition was a limited supply, making it rare on its own

2) The collectors edition was $150.00, making it $90.00 over the regular version in price.

3) The collectors edition was promised additions to the unique items, not loss of exclusive items.

What you are asking for, is for them to take away every aspect of the Collectors edition. This will make them actionable by everyone who purchased the Collectors edition, I doubt they want to be sued for false advertisement. (I will do it)

There currently is an armor set that has a very close look that is part of the new expansion, looks like the trooper armor from the Hoth cut scenes but the ones with the bigger helmet. This armor is white in color but the set is identical to the one you are asking for, minus the helmet. Bio-ware is getting dangerously close to being sued as it is.

Someone mentioned making a new armor set for the CE people to compensate for the release of the trooper armor, that is not ok with me. any new armor sets for the CE vendor would need to be exclusive and the current ones would need to remain exclusive thus keeping their advertising promise of continually adding to the CE vendor.

While I sympathize with other players who didnt get the CE, I would rather they had released the expansion with a $150.00 option for CE giving other players the chance to get to the CE vendor at the increased price also giving them a reason to add more armor to the vendor as they promised with the expansion.... This, obviously, is beyond Bio-wares combined brain function.

1) The collectors edition was a limited supply, making it rare on its own

2) The collectors edition was $150.00, making it $90.00 over the regular version in price.

3) The collectors edition was promised additions to the unique items, not loss of exclusive items.

What you are asking for, is for them to take away every aspect of the Collectors edition. This will make them actionable by everyone who purchased the Collectors edition, I doubt they want to be sued for false advertisement. (I will do it)

There currently is an armor set that has a very close look that is part of the new expansion, looks like the trooper armor from the Hoth cut scenes but the ones with the bigger helmet. This armor is white in color but the set is identical to the one you are asking for, minus the helmet. Bio-ware is getting dangerously close to being sued as it is.

Someone mentioned making a new armor set for the CE people to compensate for the release of the trooper armor, that is not ok with me. any new armor sets for the CE vendor would need to be exclusive and the current ones would need to remain exclusive thus keeping their advertising promise of continually adding to the CE vendor.

While I sympathize with other players who didnt get the CE, I would rather they had released the expansion with a $150.00 option for CE giving other players the chance to get to the CE vendor at the increased price also giving them a reason to add more armor to the vendor as they promised with the expansion.... This, obviously, is beyond Bio-wares combined brain function.

Explain something to me:

you say that Bioware could be sued for making items only available on the CE vendor available to everyone.

Here's my question: where in any of the license agreement does it say that they can't do that?

They 'promised' that they'd make more items available on that vendor, but

1. a promise is not the same as an agreement, and

2. they never said that they'd wouldn't make the items there available to everyone at some point, and

3. they never said that the items there would only be available at the CE vendor

fact is, in addition to what I said in the post before yours, the collector's edition is just that-a collectible item. Like any other collection, there is no guarantee that your experience will be better than anyone else's, or that you'll be entitled to better stuff, or that you'll get any value for your money. It's the same if you collect rocks, or precious stones, or coca-cola memorabilia; it's just another item to add to a collection.

I truly am sorry, but if you bought it because you believed that you would be treated like princes by either the other players or the devs, then the only person responsible for deceiving you is yourself.

edit: since I don't have the time or patience to argue this point any more, I think it's high time a dev answered this questions once and for all.

I eagerly await their reply, and hope that they don't have any ill will against me for deliberately bringing them in on this, but it seems I have no choice.

I hope you can forgive me, CourtneyWoods

Edited by dovid-r

Explain something to me:

you say that Bioware could be sued for making items only available on the CE vendor available to everyone.

Here's my question: where in any of the license agreement does it say that they can't do that?

On their own advertisement, it was stated the CE would grant access to a unique vendor selling items exclusive to CE owners. I don't know what country you're from. but in about every western country, an advertisement is a LEGAL AGREEMENT. Not following up on the promises made in an advertisement, no matter the circumstances, is false advertisement and breach of contract. It goes as far as a cardealer forgetting an 0 in the price of a car, stating $5,000 instead of $50,000, will have to sell anyone who brings the advertisement along, that very car for $5,000,-

You can try to twist around and cry and whine, but it's as simple as that. Bioware CANNOT LEGALLY give away or sell that piece of digital content to non-CE owners.

So go visit eBay or Amazon if you want one, grab a CE there (they're still cheaper than they originally were), and stop whining. Or don't buy a CE and stop whining. Either way, stop whining.

They 'promised' that they'd make more items available on that vendor,

Wrong, a promise made within a transaction, like a purchase, IS an agreement. It is part of the package. Even a spoken promise IS an agreement, though harder to prove later than one in print. Good thing we had this one agreement on print!

Edited by AsheraII

No.

None.

Ever.

Hey guess what, white imperial trooper armor is now available as an easily obtained reputation reward on Makeb! Please, please come back to this thread to start blubbering like a pathetic man-baby!

[...] and the fact that you open a thread to demand it is abhorrent and disrespectful.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. "Abhorrent." Hahahahahaha! Nice sense of perspective! I typically reserve the use of words like "abhorrent" for things that actually matter at all, but to each his own! I'd love to see you start blubbering in here, too! Please come back!

I have the CE- as long as this is our only CE set, no, it needs to be exclusive.

If they add a few more sets to the CE vendor, in particular, something nice- I'd consider it all right to put an old set on there.

As long as there's at least something decent that is CE only there, it'll maintain some exclusivity making it worthwhile. Otherwise- it's a slap in the face of people who spent 150 on it... more so than it is to promise regular updates and then never do so.

• 1 year later...

I have not seen a player with Trooper Armor in years even when the release happened it was rare. A lot of those Collectors edition players don't even play the game I know 2 of them personally complaining if they make a variant is pretty lame when a large majority don't use it or even play the game. I however decided to respect the collectors edition and buy my own copy and will be displaying the armor proudly soon,. I still think even after buying it myself that they should make a variant available.

I would even go as far as to say they should make 2 new story lines one for a Republic Bounty Hunter and One for an Imperial Trooper. It would be good place to introduce a variant HAVOC Squad type Imperial unit and that would be where the variant comes from.

Edited by Devinia-Hex

there is a grey imp trooper armor available in the cartell bazaar vendor and it can be dyed red and black.

I get that its not 100% the same but if u want it that bad just buy that, i dont think it has a must be certain rep level and it doesn't require CM certificates.

I would support allowing the public access to the Republic and Imperial CE uniforms. However, I want something in return:

- The CE uniforms become collection items for CE owners that can be reclaimed for free and is legacy bound. Currently, it costs a significant sum of money to get these items. The reason for that cost was because mod gear was not accessible so easily but that aspect of the game has changed significantly.

As for new outfits for the VIP. Alternatively, you could transfer the CE sets to the VIP vendor as they are. With the way they are I have no incentive to wear them because of the cost and they look rather poor compared to alternatives.

It seems really stupid for non-CE users to be able to buy the set off the cartel market for CC which they will then be able to legacy unlock while actual CE users would end up having to pay the same CC cost even though the set was meant to be a reward which we already had to pay lots of ingame credits to acquire. That is some serious double dipping.