Wait, my hard earned WH gear is now easy to get?

Makktenn

I play casually albeit quite consistently. I have played the same toon since launch and pvp on him every day. I finally have full WH and modded my gear and I was ok with recruit gear being added, but now my WH gear that i worked really hard for is now second tier? How does that make ANY sense to veteran players?

So lets even the playing field and give every jack off that plays for a few weeks full wh and elite wh with only SLIGHTLY better stats to real dedicated players. Do you think most of your subscribers are the new F2p crew or your veterans. Cause just like SWG you can kiss my *** goodbye by giving my hard earned gear away to newbies that didnt earn it.

You should have just made another tier of gear or something. Bad idea. I'm out.

Edited by Makktenn

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol Welcome to the mmo treadmill it's quite normal for gear to become obsolete

In these types of games if you don't like that then tough I guess, but if you have full war hero now grinding the new teir should be easy

Edited by denpic

I play casually albeit quite consistently. I have played the same toon since launch and pvp on him every day. I finally have full WH and modded my gear and I was ok with recruit gear being added, but now my WH gear that i worked really hard for is now second tier? How does that make ANY sense to veteran players?

So lets even the playing field and give every jack off that plays for a few weeks full wh and elite wh with only SLIGHTLY better stats to real dedicated players. Do you think most of your subscribers are the new F2p crew or your veterans. Cause just like SWG you can kiss my *** goodbye by giving my hard earned gear away to newbies that didnt earn it.

Did you cry about battlemaster gear being handed out easily when WH first came out too?

Welcome to the mmo treadmill it's quite normal for gear to become obsolete

In these types of games

Quite normal = fail for most mmo's does it not? Punish vets reward noobs who wont stay. The reason why SWG died was cause vets were punished after they worked long and hard at something. I guess dev's don't learn from others mistakes.

Quite normal = fail for most mmo's does it not? Punish vets reward noobs who wont stay. The reason why SWG died was cause vets were punished after they worked long and hard at something. I guess dev's don't learn from others mistakes.

Hey you can keep the current teir nobody's forcing you to upgrade

And swg died because it was ***t

Edited by denpic

Did you cry about battlemaster gear being handed out easily when WH first came out too?

No, rebel scum, the stat difference and the effort required to get WH was enough to make it fair. The elite WH gear is hardly better then the full WH. I dont mind another grind, i relish it but i dont want to do it when every other ******e can get almost equal level gear in a few weeks when it took me 8 *********** months.

No, rebel scum, the stat difference and the effort required to get WH was enough to make it fair. The elite WH gear is hardly better then the full WH. I dont mind another grind, i relish it but i dont want to do it when every other ******e can get almost equal level gear in a few weeks when it took me 8 *********** months.

You talk about "fair", but don't want to fight people equally geared. LOL. It's obvious you're a troll or an idiot. Either way, the only response I'll give from now is

COOL STORY BRO.

You can't stop progress, go along with the flow my friend. Its going to be more about your ability and your class after 1.6 as the gear will make less difference..........fingers crossed a couple of weaker classes will see buffs and the smash guys will see a nerf and we'll all stick with that and enjoy.

Don't want to hear any QQ unless you were painfully farming BM bags. And if you were farming BM bags then why are you surprised now since its like the 5th time they made the grind easier?

Edited by Phasersablaze

Sounds like someone is afraid he won't do as well now that pvp will be more skill based. Btw I have full min/maxed WH with half of my mods/enhs ripped out of EWH weapons and offhands, and I think this is a good thing.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

You do realize that WH gear has been out since the game went live? It's almost a year old. What BW is doing is nothing new. The BM gear will become the new recruit gear while WH the equivalent to BM. Out with the old and in with the new. It's that simple. You just gear up too slow. I half nearly full WH character, which would be in full WH if I only focus on one character, but I don't. I have many characters I like to pvp on with a mix of BM and WH gear.

As for SWG didn't die cause vets were punished, but because sony decided to completely revamp the game from some thing different that we didn't sign up for. That is why that game failed. Yes, it suck to see my jedi become normal, but what suck the most was the game changing completely. As for developers not learn from other mistakes, perhaps next time you should gear up faster. If your really that casual, then you can't complain you just gear up too slow. To make matters worst swtor is one of the easiest games to gear up in it's current form.

Finally, what does it matter if getting WH gear becomes more readily available? It just means less time spent gear up my alts to a acceptable gear level for pvp. I'm sorry you only play one character, but some us like to play characters. Thus, it isn't just going to help the new players.

Edited by Knockerz

You do realize that WH gear has been out since the game went live?

That is completely wrong. War hero came out in 1.2, about 4-5 months after the game went live.

Why do people come to the forums and spout out blatantly incorrect facts to support their opinion? Can you not argue with actual facts and still make your point?

I actually agree with the quoted person's argument, but I don't discriminate; I will call out idiots no matter what side they are on.

Welcome to the internet I guess.

I've posted on this issue before.

While I understand the frustration/annoyance of people who did the grind and got their gear, only to find a few months down the road they wasted their hours/comms on gear that is now easily obtained, I have to say this is for the good of pvp.

I think there should be gear in pvp, but it should pretty much all be the same tier. Even 5-10% differences in PvP tiers enables:

1. Unskilled players to beat better skilled players due to a gear (to a certian extent.)

2. Unskilled players to have an excuse why they lose, other than the fact they suck.

3. Overpowered abilities to shine. (Smash spec wouldn't be nearly as annoying if it was hitting full WH's, rather than a WH and 2 BM's. Healer's nightmare.)

Same tier gear allows players a choice between gear strategies (crit vs. power, alacrity or not, etc...) while still allowing dumb players to pick what looks pretty (set bonuses that are useless, stacking alacrity on a maurader for "uber-fast Ravage!"), but without the "gap" (however small it was) between the tiers for an excuse.

So as much as it irks me to think how long I spent on my gear, I'm in favor of 1.6's gear changes.

Haha just wait to SWTOR has been out some years and the lvl cap is 70 or so. We're going to sit and laugh how crappy Columi, Rakata, Black Hole, Campaign, Dread Guard, Battlemaster, War Hero and Elite War Hero gear was:D

Edited by Sentinel-Jordal

So you are crying because you lose your handicap over others?

Sounds like someone is afraid he won't do as well now that pvp will be more skill based. Btw I have full min/maxed WH with half of my mods/enhs ripped out of EWH weapons and offhands, and I think this is a good thing.

Great attitude. I'm losing full WH advantage too. And I'm glad more people will be able to compete sooner. I like a challenge.

I plan to finish leveling one class and do one more (at least). I'm glad the grind to be competitive will go quickly.

oh look..another one contributing for the degrading of this pvp comunity...yes, lets keep rewarding "TIME" play instead of "SKILL"...elts reward thsoe that played the LONGER, and not those that play the BETTER....thats te way to go to achieev a good competitive pvp status..

sigh

wtb Rating requirements on gear...fast

wtb Rating requirements on gear...fast

God no. PvP should be a matter of skill, not a matter of gear.

People just shouldn't qq so much over "the hard work" they put into getting some gear. The more people with equal gear the better.

You realize it's not actually your gear they're giving to newbies? There's nothing in the 1.6 patch notes that says "Every level 50 player will now get Makktenn's gear. Makktenn will be cloned multiple times to ensure all new players will be able to take a set of gear from him".