SI into the pit

JamesEtc

I'm not sure how Assassins get this completed, I was a bit overleveled for it and just spent most of the time throwing DoTs on it and healing Khem

Maybe I got lucky with my assassin, but i was only lvl 20 or so as well and I don't remember this being that tough. It was a tough fight that is to say, but nothing using a medpack, stims, herioc moment, etc.....didn't get me through. Use your stuns and interupts on teh boss, kill the adds quickly with AE, they drop fast. If you ignore them then I could see why the pain.

What stance are you using? I would recommend the tanking one if you have not tried it yet. Really helps in some of those tougher fights. The trade off in dps isn't detrimental, especially at low levels, but the added durability makes it doable. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Step 1...pull boss and Force Speed back to the other room where you first came down the ramps.

Step 2...CC and put any DOT on it once it pops back up.

By bringing into other room you will only have to deal with one set of adds most likely. Kill them ASAP.

If you die. Respawn back at medcamp or you will be dealing with all the adds you did not kill right from the start of the fight which makes it almost impossible.

Maybe I got lucky with my assassin, but i was only lvl 20 or so as well and I don't remember this being that tough. It was a tough fight that is to say, but nothing using a medpack, stims, herioc moment, etc.....didn't get me through. Use your stuns and interupts on teh boss, kill the adds quickly with AE, they drop fast. If you ignore them then I could see why the pain.

+1

Wasn't even lvl 20 IIRC.

Also Zash and all the others... don't get why people keep having problems. Usually it's all about Interrupts and timing your attacks. Once you have a healer companion, make use of it. Besides any heroic stuff, there shouldn't be a single fight in the game, that really makes you sweat.

95% of the times I died with my madness assassin throughout the game were caused by stupidness on my part or my companion's (e.g. Ashara likes to attack the second mob in reach, while I'm actually still fighting the first one including strong/elites, thus drawing them in the mix as well and stuff like that).

And you shouldn't take on campaign elite's throwing Force storm at lvl 47, while you yourself are still just lvl 43. A hard lesson learned that one... :D

Edited by Ryu_Wanderfalke

Recognize that the queen gets a buff as soon as you engage that makes her force-immune. You can electrocute and overload, but shock and force lightning attacks will have no effect. So interrupt away, but your attacks need to be melee, even as a sorc.

I´ve done this quest multiple times and never really had much problems with it.

For my latest char an Assassin i usually do like this.

Stealth, Maul for opener, Discharge, Trash.. When low on force i used normal attack to proc Maul Weakness.

Khem Val is tanking but once in a while i will use my own taunt just to pull it to me and give him a break for some seconds untill his own taunt is ready again.

Interrupt when needed with Jolt, Electrocute and aoe knockback.

Also.. dont forget to upgrade your own + pet weapons (mods)

Recognize that the queen gets a buff as soon as you engage that makes her force-immune. You can electrocute and overload, but shock and force lightning attacks will have no effect. So interrupt away, but your attacks need to be melee, even as a sorc.

This this this.

Boss should be Meleed, adds should be Forced.

Division of labor is what this fight is about.

Like others have said, it helps if you can try to kite the queen into the hallway before you enter the main room, it gives you time to attack or send your companion to attack, without attracting the attention of all the adds.

The best solution I found is to pull the thing back a fair distance from where it spawns, so as to make the adds take more time to get in range. A lightning strike and shock is sufficient to kill each one. It is extremely close, but possible. Don't forget to use Electrocute on the boss every time it is off CD.

This is the correct way to do it. What most people don't understand is that the drones spawn in the same spot regardless of where you fight the broodmaster. Pull it as far back into the hallway as you can and hardcore dps it until the adds come in, kill them, then hardcore dps on the broodmaster again.

What I did once was put Khem on passive so he wouldn't attack when I wasn't ready, drag the queen all the way back to the start of the hallway. At that place, is an explosive drum. Have Khem attack, melee her down and when the adds do show up, blow the drum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...