7k smash,...intended?

dejavy

LOL on my level 40 man... i avg.. 3.2k on my sweeps. you mean to tell me you do less as a 50? and i am talking about PVP... since we are in PVP forums... i really dont care about PVE. again... let me point out to you... it is AOE...

if this was a single target skill that reached up to 7k.. i would have no problem. But this is an AOE... nobody should be doing damage on avg 5k and up to 6k and 7k on large crits for an AOE...

point me one other class that does an AOE that powerful... then lets talk. till then you are blowing smoke up your own behind.

This post points out that you don't know what you're talking about... comparing 10-49 to 50....

Wait. Are you joking or do you really not understand how the game works?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post points out that you don't know what you're talking about... comparing 10-49 to 50....

Wait. Are you joking or do you really not understand how the game works?

i have a 50 man.. i said MY GUARDIAN does more then he states.... in comparison he said 2.9k? yeah ok... i have a 40 and he does 3.2k higher with better circumstances... either way.... ON MY SMUGGLER.. with FULL WARHERO... 18k+ health... i consistently get hit for 5k... but i also get hit for 6k and 7k at times...

if you are hitting for less then 5k at 50... you are not doing it right. bottom line. do you care to argue some more?

i have a 50 man.. i said MY GUARDIAN does more then he states.... in comparison he said 2.9k? yeah ok... i have a 40 and he does 3.2k higher with better circumstances... either way.... ON MY SMUGGLER.. with FULL WARHERO... 18k+ health... i consistently get hit for 5k... but i also get hit for 6k and 7k at times...

if you are hitting for less then 5k at 50... you are not doing it right. bottom line. do you care to argue some more?

Did you even read what I said? Scroll down, read my post and most importantly stop using caps so much.

edited to ask an off topic question to your off topic statement... how do you not have 19k+ health as a full WH smug? I have 19200 and I'm 1/2 WH on my oper. Do you not augment your gear or get datacrons?

Edited by CharterMonkKent

Did you even read what I said? Scroll down, read my post and most importantly stop using caps so much.

edited to ask an off topic question to your off topic statement... how do you not have 19k+ health as a full WH smug? I have 19200 and I'm 1/2 WH on my oper. Do you not augment your gear or get datacrons?

LOL always go on a tangent do you?

i said 18k + (PLUS) means i am not in game to see my health. WOW man... seriously you want to talk about the topic or you into cherry picking?

LOL always go on a tangent do you?

i said 18k + (PLUS) means i am not in game to see my health. WOW man... seriously you want to talk about the topic or you into cherry picking?

Thank you for responding. You've made it clear that you don't have a reasonable understanding of pvp in this game. I'm excited to see what video game exaggeration you make next.

Thank you for responding. You've made it clear that you don't have a reasonable understanding of pvp in this game. I'm excited to see what video game exaggeration you make next.

LOL made it clear? please explain how i dont understand PVP instead of making your own conclusion in your delusional mind.

we are in SWTOR right? what video game are you talking about?

i stated my quote for you again since you clearly cant read... in my previous post i said i had OVER 18k.. meaning i am not in game right now to see what i have. I know its over 18k for sure... again...

you care to stay on topic on smash/sweep or you going to cherry pick some more?

LOL epeener... cant get any more funnier then you

LOL made it clear? please explain how i dont understand PVP instead of making your own conclusion in your delusional mind.

we are in SWTOR right? what video game are you talking about?

i stated my quote for you again since you clearly cant read... in my previous post i said i had OVER 18k.. meaning i am not in game right now to see what i have. I know its over 18k for sure... again...

you care to stay on topic on smash/sweep or you going to cherry pick some more?

LOL epeener... cant get any more funnier then you

outstanding

Get a video of it. And show your gear and his.

Ask them and test it yourself. Go with light armor, 1200 expertise, and no damage reduction abilities/talents, and 5 stacks of armor reduction. The first three is true except for full Seer Sages (they get flat +2% damage reduction) and the latter can be applied by the Guardian in three sunders when talented (or even easier if there is a tank Guardian on the same team).

Edited by Piam

Most classes have to balance critical chance against critical multiplier (among other stats). I understand that this smash spec allows people to merely stack critical multiplier since the crit is automatic. Seems a bit off.

@ Droid:

Not exactly. It's not a gear thing, its all about spec...

The BiS WH build already stacks crit multiplier to a pretty sufficient level. Most are/should be walking around with 75%+ crit multiplier by using Power/Surge/Endurance enhancements. So everyone has the opportunity to be at relatively the same gear levels.

IMO the 100% crit chance talent is moot because of a couple of reasons:

1. On a BiS, Main is pretty high, so crit rating is already @25-30%, add in 5% Smugg/IA buff and your are talking 30-35%, which is already "good" to crit fairly often.

2. Insight/Malice adds 6% additional crit to Force Attacks.

So grand total = 40%+ crit ratings non-procd. Dedicating to the leap talent is pretty much a waste of points IMO.

@ everyone else:

People are so focused on Smash/Sweep, but for the wrong reasons.

Sage/Sorc hits 5K AOE damage. I am sure other classes do as well because most ACs have some sort of crit multiplier talent that moves your multiplier from 75% to 100%+. This is common, and can be spec'd by a bunch of ACs.

The issue is that those same ACs, don't have a talent to increase the base rating of their AoE attack. On top of that, they also don't have 3 separate ways to initiate the "first surge", on top of the secondary 100%+ surge. As long as the Singularity/Shockwave proc is @ 4 stacks, smash away, because its still a very good chance you will crit on it. Leap/Leaptalent isn't the prerequisite for smashing.

There is also an underlying issue of Smash/Sweep being a Force attack. Since it is it can't be shielded with generators on non-crit hits, so even taking one at 3.5k is pretty significant.

Fix: Move Shockwave/Singularity as a modifier to Slash/Vicious Slash. Auto-Crit once per stack, refund rage/focus on successful attack. Move to weapon damage, which in turn could be shielded by generators.

Either that or give other AoE heavy hitters a way to stack a significant buff***cough Balance Sage FiB buff I been asking for since 1.2**cough

@

IMO the 100% crit chance talent is moot because of a couple of reasons:

1. On a BiS, Main is pretty high, so crit rating is already @25-30%, add in 5% Smugg/IA buff and your are talking 30-35%, which is already "good" to crit fairly often.

2. Insight/Malice adds 6% additional crit to Force Attacks.

Very people who min-max and play focus have 30% melee crit buffed, let alone unbuffed. Some of them go with 0 crit rating and power augments which (IIRC) is around 23% buffed.

Very people who min-max and play focus have 30% melee crit buffed, let alone unbuffed. Some of them go with 0 crit rating and power augments which (IIRC) is around 23% buffed.

melee crit /= force crit (for rage/focus spec)

but as I stated, its somewhat moot and they are doing it wrong...

You can get a force crit rating around 40% without using much in the way of crit rating... 40% force crit, 100% multiplier is pretty effing high. Leap isn't always an option, sweep has a midline CD, and having some addtional crit is "good" for other things like dispatch, ms/rav, slash. You can do a power heavy build (1000+) with ~300 crit and sweep people for roflhigh numbers, and follow up with crit ms/dispatch.

This is the real min/max broham...

You can get a force crit rating around 40% without using much in the way of crit rating... 40% force crit, 100% multiplier is pretty effing high. Leap isn't always an option, sweep has a midline CD, and having some addtional crit is "good" for other things like dispatch, ms/rav, slash. You can do a power heavy build (1000+) with ~300 crit and sweep people for roflhigh numbers, and follow up with crit ms/dispatch.

If my guildie who runs all the numbers for guys like me who hate math... expect many messages in your inbox. :D

Never said melee crit = force crit. I specifically mentioned melee crit as it is a better frame of reference as force crit is more variable based on what talents you pick up.

Leap isn't always an option? You should always be able to get a force leap/zealous leap(obliterate) off in between the sweep cooldown.

I would say 30% melee crit buffed is the highest you want to go as Focus/Rage spec. The extra bonus damage you get from converting from crit to damage helps all your abilities, including the ones you mention.

Edited by Piam

I'm still in battlemaster on my jugg and the highest I've had so far is 6.1.

I could easily see a BiS war hero / PVE jugg hitting 7k +.

Have war hero on my guardian but I never play him, maybe I'll log on tonight and see how high I get, he's not BiS though, so he has high crit rating which is bad.

I highly doubt you got crit for 7k if you have at least 1100 expertise. But okay.

I get hit for 6300+ consistantly. My highest crit I've taken as a Sorc was 7433. I have full WH and EWH, fully augmented. 1370 Exp. I wish they had a tab for combat logging instead of a file that can be altered. In WOW, I could tab over and screenshot a ridiculous crit.

It DOES deal kinetic damage, actually. It is subject to armour damage reduction.

Not subject to shields though as it's a Force attack.

I see that on my jugg, but force attacks used to bypass armor back in closed beta. The only thing that made a difference in damage taken from a sweep/smash was damage reduction points taken in the skill trees, and flat DR given by stances...like when it says "reducing all damage taken by X%". I guess they changed it since then, because switching between stances only saw a decrease in damage that matched the damage reduction provided by soresu form, but not the additional armor.

I get hit for 6 k regular but I am a sage with no skill to reduce aoes. I play tk sage and my tk wave can hit for about 4k but u have to give up a lot to get it as the boost to aoe dmg is in the second tier of the healer tree. The cast time on it is 3 secs but u should never get a hard cast tk wave off.

All I want for Christmas is my force bubble to deal dmg when it explodes. I say let them deal their dmg just let me be about to do the same so we can nuke it out

Sounds to me like what you really need is good healer. Like me! :cool:

The truth is if you don't want to take a crap ton of damage then be a tank like the Guardian/Juggernaut, Vanguard/Powertech, or the Shadow/Assassin. Spec for defense, gear up, and quit *****in.:eek:

I have one of every class and it would make me sad if my marauder gets nerf'd because of weak complaints.:mad:

I Love This Game! If you don't then play some more, and you will.:rod_tongue_p:

I get hit for 6 k regular but I am a sage with no skill to reduce aoes. I play tk sage and my tk wave can hit for about 4k but u have to give up a lot to get it as the boost to aoe dmg is in the second tier of the healer tree. The cast time on it is 3 secs but u should never get a hard cast tk wave off.

All I want for Christmas is my force bubble to deal dmg when it explodes. I say let them deal their dmg just let me be about to do the same so we can nuke it out

As a sage you can go hybrid spec(telekinetics/balance) and have 3 AOE's and a constant stream of telekenetic throw(which does a ton of damage and slows the target). If you use weaken mind, slow, and telekenetic throw until presence of mind activates you will be able to instantly activate mind crush(do this while weaken mind is still affecting the target). This process will deal a lot of damage and increase threat in and outside warzones(they won't like you for it). That's how I spec'd before I went to healing spec(you get more mvp votes as a healer).

Give it a shot you might like it more than your current spec.

I do remember that lolsmash jks/sith warriors were already hitting very hard pre 1.4 patch. They just made the spec easier to play imo. The changes to the spec were unecessary since it was not gimped. I personaly prefer the more resilient and pain-in-the-neck vigilance spec but that's just me. I recently came back and so far, I don't see horde of lolsmash sith warriors in WZs. That might be because I'm playing on a small population server.