Best and worst names seen...

boleole

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reported several names like that and they got changed. Looks like during the first month, the customer service crew was pretty bad, but now they have caught up and they actively act against names breaking the rules listed in the Rules of Conduct.

Don't give up!

Sorry but i call BS on that.

In your mind they changed the names, in reality they are NOT bothering to change names just because player x disagree's with it.

Sorry to burst your fantasy bubble. It just doesn't happen on PvE servers.

Chances are those characters you reported left or did not renew subscription.

In your mind they changed the names, in reality they are NOT bothering to change names just because player x disagree's with it.

Two of the names I reported were LEGACY names. The players are still here, I see them on the fleet quite often, but they had to change their legacy name even though they still have the same main name. I might add that those legacy names were not offending or racist or trademarks or anything similar, they were just breaking the naming rules listed previously (I can give the names for obvious reasons, name & shaming is forbidden by the forum rules).

Another guy was a smuggler with a rule breaking first name. There's still a smuggler with the same legacy name around which I see on the fleet, but he no longer has the same first name.

It's obvious that Bioware are caring and that it's not me who lives in a "fantasy bubble". Which is good news for those of us who value immersion, and also good for Bioware to show us that rules aren't just there to look pretty on the website texts.

Edited by Korrigan

A few of my names people have talked about on my server (all imperial):

My main: RatherDashing (sorc) (from homestar runner a while back)

Alts:

Lubu (sith jugg- from dynasty warriors)

Shipoopi (bounty hunter- from family guy, who ripped it off of Music Man)

Tastycakes (operative- also from family guy)

Our guild: <Your Companion>

Other names I've seen that I liked:

Abbazabba (sniper- candy bar and a good half baked reference)

Shockto'daheart (lightning sorc)

I haven't liked:

Anything Revan-esque. C'mon guys. You aren't Revan. You will never be Revan. Stop it. :mad:

There's a lot of guilds on my server on the empire side with evil-sounding latin words, so I got a chuckle out of the new guild called <Menacing Latin Name>

lame, on Arathor in WoW (don't be hatin, we all played it at one time) there was a guild named Ominous Latin Name.

Also I've got an obese bounty hunter named Blob'a'Fat.

They'll change any name that violates naming policy if it's reported. The odds that every single one of the people had names reported quit the game already are astronomical.

Tastycakes (operative- also from family guy)

Tastykakes is a brand of snack cakes in the Philadelphia area.

I haven't liked:

Anything Revan-esque. C'mon guys. You aren't Revan. You will never be Revan. Stop it. :mad:

So...Your dumb names are OK, but Revan ripoffs are bad? Funny how that works...

Edited by ChicksDigHarleys

I haven't seen him in a while, but there used to be a Grom Hellscream running around one of the servers I play on

Also have the <Your Companion> guild on the server I have Imp on; I always fall for it -- what the hell you're supposed to be craftin...d'oh! Bonus "I feel like an idiot" points if I am on my speeder at the time.

They'll change any name that violates naming policy if it's reported. The odds that every single one of the people had names reported quit the game already are astronomical.

Bioware are on the ball. They are aware of the serial name reporters who tend to report just about anything they disagree with.

They are not hard to spot :rolleyes:

Just because you add a name to friends, report it for whatever reason, and watch to see if it vanishes, does not mean Bioware have taken action.