Which graphics card will be better for this game?

Mando

Looking to upgrade so I can play on high settings with shadows. I have an AMD Athlon II X3 435 Processor, 6 GB RAM and the ATI Raedon HD 4200.

Want to either buy the AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 or AMD Radeon HD6670 2GB GDDR3? Which one is better?

More specifically:

MSI AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5

Mfr Part Number: R6670-MD1GD5

Chipset: AMD Radeon HD 6670

Engine Clock:800 MHz

Video Memory:1GB GDDR5

Memory Clock:4000 MHz

Memory Interface:128-bit

Bus:PCI-Express 2.1 x16

RAMDAC:400 MHz

Max. Resolution:2560 x 1600

Versus:

XFX AMD Radeon HD 6670 2GB GDDR3

Mfr Part Number: HD667XCNF3

Chipset: AMD Radeon HD 6670

Engine Clock: 800 MHz

Video Memory: 2GB GDDR3

Memory Clock: 1300 MHz

Memory Interface: 128-bit

Bus: PCI-Express 2.1 x16

Stream Processors: 480

RAMDAC: 400 MHz

Max. Resolution: 2560 x 1600

Edited by Mando

The best nvidia card you can afford.... If you want to avoid the never ending farse that is AMD's drivers.

QFT - Many years ago AMD made some really good cards with some decent drivers that were arguably as good or better than Nvidia...Then Nvidia made the 8800GTX and has pretty much dominated em since.

Nvidia > AMD anyday now.

I don't understand all the hatred towards AMD. I had a Radeon 5770 when SWTOR launched and it run nicely with shadows turned off and some settings set to high. Now I own a Radeon 7850 and the game runs perfectly smooth with everything turned to max and shadows on.

if you run high resolution lots of shaders and antialiasing then the extra ram is worth while. you could try searching the web for reviews on the 2 models. there´s quite a few sites with hardware reviews.

I like Tom's Hardware. It is a pretty good site to find information and reviews for graphics cards, motherboards, etc.

I don't understand all the hatred towards AMD. I had a Radeon 5770 when SWTOR launched and it run nicely with shadows turned off and some settings set to high. Now I own a Radeon 7850 and the game runs perfectly smooth with everything turned to max and shadows on.

It's people being sheep, much like those who swear by MACs and iPhones and have hatred toward the others.

AMD cards are fine playing SWTOR. And either of those will do, I personally would go XFX.

AMD usually makes cards just as fast, if not faster than nVidia for usually 10-15% cheaper. Of course "some" games have driver issues with them that can usually take a few weeks to get fixed.

Edited by AMKSED

if you are running an intel processor get the best nvidia card u can afford. if you are running an amd processor get the best radeon card you can afford.

simples.

Not true, i have Intel processor and my Radeon is working flawlessly.

OP get the MSI card out of the two you listed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.