Social points

MouseNoFour

What is the most efficient method to grind social points?

I have been considering running teams of level 10's through BT with the Social Boost consumable. But would that be the most efficient?

Esseles and Black Talon are the best, most efficient, and they won't degrade based on level. It is still my preferred method since launch. You'll get atleast 120 social points per run. If you use a Social booster, you can expect 300+.

Doing this - has gotten me Social III. And ive been playing since December 13th, 2011.

Doing this has gotten me SRX, just from daily flashpoint hardmodes, daily heroic 4s in Black Hole/Section X.

And I'm not burnt out.

Edited by RazielHex

Make a 2nd f2p account. Run 2nd account on some crap old pc using lowest possible settings. Auto follow the toon on your primary account/pc and practice synchronous 1 and spacebar pressing. It's efficient because there is no wait time forming the group. The only one going afk would be you. The only loot whore would be you.

If you want to get some use out of that 2nd account, make the follow toon a tank for guard and have it pull out the healing companion. BH+Mako worked well for that.

The law of unintended consequences rules all. Bioware added companions to stay in line with KOTOR and to cater to those who complain about having to find groups when leveling tanks and healers. Unfortunately, the result is that nobody groups except for the heroic missions and most people drop group as soon as it is complete, not even waiting for the turn in.

Not a single one of my 50s made it past Social I and I spent months grouping with just about anyone who was interested.

Doing quests is obviously not efficient. Have no idea why you suggested such.

It is by far the most efficient. Every character I have leveled with a friend has always been at leaat social 7 by the time it's 50.

Of course that doesn't help you now. The first flashpoint is probably your best option now.

The most efficient, as has already been stated, is to run Esseles/BT over and over. You raised an objection that that requires 3 50's who will also spacebar through dialogue, and this is not efficient. Yes, it is. It's not "perfectly efficient", i.e. you don't get Social X instantly with no time invested, but it is the "most efficient" way.

Just type "LFG Esseles social/spacebar run" in gen chat, and if you are lucky you can find a group that will run it with you 2-3 times in a row. Even if you have to wait a while to find a group, and they will only run it with you once or twice, at 130 social points a crack, this is still the fastest way to Social X.

The law of unintended consequences rules all. Bioware added companions to stay in line with KOTOR and to cater to those who complain about having to find groups when leveling tanks and healers. Unfortunately, the result is that nobody groups except for the heroic missions and most people drop group as soon as it is complete, not even waiting for the turn in.

Not a single one of my 50s made it past Social I and I spent months grouping with just about anyone who was interested.

That last line is BS. You can queue for FPs while you level and any 1 of those will get you to social 1. Do your daily while you level and you should be at least 2 if not higher when you hit 50. (I was at 4 doing this when I hit 50)

That last line is BS. You can queue for FPs while you level and any 1 of those will get you to social 1. Do your daily while you level and you should be at least 2 if not higher when you hit 50. (I was at 4 doing this when I hit 50)

Wrong. I never achieved Social II with ANY of my 50's. And i grouped up for all but a few heroics.

No, the problem isnt how ''social'' you are - but the way the reward system is designed. Instead of rewarding the player for being social, your rewarded for being a stalker. You have to INITIATE the mission in a group, complete the objectives and RETURN the mission to be given the rewards.

The only heroic missions i didnt seem to ever be able to do were the ones on Voss and Corellia. Not sure why that is, but there you have it.

But, regardless, in the end - BT social runs are still the best as far as time vs social point gain. Albeit excruciatingly slow. 130-160 points per run when you need many many THOUSANDS.

Edited by MouseNoFour