PVP server issues especially now with free to play

ddot

Anyone else concerned with the fact Guards in quest cities cant see invisible characters?

Is anyone else concerned that low level quest areas where Imp and republic Characters cross may become a death trap for characters turning in low level quests with the way higher number of players coming into the game soon?

I understand PVP servers are the "Wild West", but do you guys think camping quest givers in the middle of a city full of guards is Open world PVP as intended, or griefing?

Don't think its bad yet, but I think ill be afraid to level an alt in a few months after we get a bunch of the FTP to 50 if this stays the same.

No problem with the occasional gank. Ive dont quite a bit of open world "Ganking" myself. Im talking about a lot larger frequency now with a larger population. If you think its "Fair Game" anywhere, fair enough. I just hope when you level an alt, you dont find yourself Killed over and over again by the 10 Invisible 50s sitting next to the quest turn in the middle of your city. This "Could" have happened before...... soon it "Will", and a lot with a lot larger population. I will do it myself actually. Just dont think the players at the other end of my barrel will feel like its "fair". I know I dont when its me being med center camped.

Don't think its bad yet, but I think ill be afraid to level an alt in a few months after we get a bunch of the FTP to 50 if this stays the same.

This "Could" have happened before...... soon it "Will", and a lot with a lot larger population. I will do it myself actually. Just dont think the players at the other end of my barrel will feel like its "fair". I know I dont when its me being med center camped.

Uhm.... what?

I'm saying Ill also take advantage of this. I have had, and will continue to have lots of fun Stealth killing people in cities. Its definitely not "fair", but that's never stopped me. I'm saying it sucks to be in the middle of your city getting killed over an over again. While it is 100% legal to do so right now, if we have the higher population that should come with FTP, the amount of people doing this may make leveling an Alt on those planets not just frustrating, but very difficult.

On a PVP server, I don't think its unreasonable to have "Safe" areas even on cross faction planets. If the other faction could constantly attack the fleet and make all the normal things to do on fleet impossible because of constant battling, that would lessen the fun of the game..........then again.......that does sound very promising from a PVP point of view!

I understand PVP servers are the "Wild West", but do you guys think camping quest givers in the middle of a city full of guards is Open world PVP as intended, or griefing?

Yes, I do. Ask them about Outlaws Den and how players have to face utter destruction to talk to the vendor who gives a PVE reward.

Also, it is a PvP Server...people knew this before rolling there...and are also warned before rolling there. It's my home, it's where the game feels more real than any other server type. You never know when you will be jumped. It's as close to real as Star Wars can get. I enjoy it...win lose or draw.

Keep in mind that even on a PVP server, if you are intentionally creating a situation that impedes a player from progressing (read this as: persistent ganking of the same person, and corpse camping at a med center), then that is considered griefing/harassment and you are subject to penalties. You are not immune to this just because you are on a PVP server, check the TOS for PVP Servers.

Keep in mind that even on a PVP server, if you are intentionally creating a situation that impedes a player from progressing (read this as: persistent ganking of the same person, and corpse camping at a med center), then that is considered griefing/harassment and you are subject to penalties. You are not immune to this just because you are on a PVP server, check the TOS for PVP Servers.

You obviously do not play on POT5, otherwise you would not be saying this.

You have not met Quinlynn, have you?

Anyone else concerned with the fact Guards in quest cities cant see invisible characters?

Is anyone else concerned that low level quest areas where Imp and republic Characters cross may become a death trap for characters turning in low level quests with the way higher number of players coming into the game soon?

Can't tell if trolling. Why would it be bad if there's a bunch of F2P 50's on? They can run 3 FP's and OP's a week. That means they'll play once or twice a week, because, what else is there to do for them? I hardly think that will affect anything.

Who is Quinlynne?

A guy who camps the Poisonous Strat area all day and all night, if he is logged on, that's where he is...he never leaves unless he is sleeping or presumably at work.

He does not fight you though....he trains the elite mobs on you instead...I have seen him train up to 4 sets of mobs on to a group at one time...probably has accomplished more than that with all the time he spends there.

He gets reported every single day by various players...nothing changes, no bans, and there he stays.

The Devs do not agree with your assessment of what griefing is on a PvP server.

Edited by Wraiven

A guy who camps the Poisonous Strat area all day and all night, if he is logged on, that's where he is...he never leaves unless he is sleeping or presumably at work.

He does not fight you though....he trains the elite mobs on you instead...I have seen him train up to 4 sets of mobs on to a group at one time...probably has accomplished more than that with all the time he spends there.

He gets reported every single day by various players...nothing changes, no bans, and there he stays.

Yes, I'm certain of this as well.

Here's why:

There's a guild I refuse to pug with on Jung Ma - Scourge - because they make it their mission in life to kill people doing their class missions on Tatooine and Alderaan. They just camp out the Smuggler, Knight, Consular and Trooper instance entrances and then 1-2 shot the lowbies. I rp a hardcore darkside (Jagoss will bathe in your blood Jedi scum!!!) even I find this to pushing the line.

A while back a couple of freshly ganked pubs hopped onto their mains and asked Scourge to stop. I asked them why they didn't report Scourge and they said that they had and that within 30 minutes of doing so, a live-chat CS droid had informed them that this was acceptable under the ToS for a pvp server.

So in short, killing someone at their med bay so they can't rez and doing this for hours is acceptable in PvP servers. Heck, you could just medbay camp them forever and prevent that character from ever leaving unless they got help...

Edited by AshlaBoga

Rofl! That sounds fun. I should try it sometime..

And to the OP: don't be such a Nancy.