[VIDEO] Carnage Marauder pvp guide, with commentary

darthnish

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey awesome work and i have question so im trying to make same character as yours:) but i saw your wrist and belt not war hero.shouldnt i buy warhero wrist and belt?i think much more str>expertise but im not sure ofc:)

cheers mate, but fair note my gear is not optomized i plan on getting the EWH bracers and belt soon when i have the comms for it, as for expertiese i keep it around 1250ish and play around with the rest

Awesome Vids :D Part 4 was awesome!!

Idk if you have anything planned but a video strat devoted to Ancient Hypergates would be awesome!! Also in the same video if there is time you could maybe squeeze in an operative healer kill guide. I mean, I don't plan to use that to my advantage on my operative healer when i deal with carnage/combat players.... :p

These videos are great! We need a carnage marauder like you on our imp side. Ur the resaon i started playing a carnage spec marauder and with the changes in 1.6 im sure the grind for gear wont be so bad. I'm looking forward to some sin battles in a future video jus cause my main is an *** tank.

anyways keep up the great work!

I've found myself hardly using berserk, I normally just use bloodthirst or predation to help my team. Is this something I need to change?

Personally, I don't consider predation worth popping randomly, only when I or my team or ballcarrier in huttball etc needs to get somewhere, I pop predation. Bloodthirst on the other hand has 5 minute cooldown, but i will pop it when its up and I see most of my team in combat.

Getting those 30 fury for berserk happens quite quickly though if youre in combat and not dying/CCd instantly, so why not take advantage of the big burst. Dead enemies also benefit the team usually.

Hey Nish,

Long time fan, first time caller :)

Would you mind linking your Carnage gear set up? Curious about how YOU personally Min/max your gear.

Thank you!

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/bbdbbee2-b61b-424c-9ff0-27525747f7ab

not minmaxed at all havent played much since 1.6 came out missing EWH bracers and stuff so dont go by this only use it as a guide line

sigh, moved countries ping ot my server is at 500ms, sadly i cannot pvp with that, makes my brain explode, but however i am working ona a very general video, going over defensive cds of each class and how to counter it ! look out for that tomo or day after

Hey Darthnish and fellow carnage maras,

I was curious to ask what you all think about the Elite war hero gear. Most of it is absolutely terrible - it adds to crit and surge, and completely misses power - which brings me to the main point. My guildies just told me it's been confirmed that power will have DR in the future. With that said, I'm not sure what the curve will look like, but this can only mean really NASTY things for our damage potential and stat priority.

If this is the case, and crit is a new friend, what does this mean for carnage? More crit could potentially mean better damage output, say, when we go berzerk with massacre. But a lot of our damage came from scream, which will surely take a hit from DR on our power - maybe not much, but it will certainly hurt.

What do you all think? Right now I'm not even paying attention to elite war hero, because the gear, quite frankly, sucks major balls. It's not that big of an improvement at all - and even a downgrade if you consider there's no better power augs than the ones we currently are using.

Edited by StoskStreen
grammar

Hey Darthnish and fellow carnage maras,

I was curious to ask what you all think about the Elite war hero gear. Most of it is absolutely terrible - it adds to crit and surge, and completely misses power - which brings me to the main point. My guildies just told me it's been confirmed that power will have DR in the future. With that said, I'm not sure what the curve will look like, but this can only mean really NASTY things for our damage potential and stat priority.

If this is the case, and crit is a new friend, what does this mean for carnage? More crit could potentially mean better damage output, say, when we go berzerk with massacre. But a lot of our damage came from scream, which will surely take a hit from DR on our power - maybe not much, but it will certainly hurt.

What do you all think? Right now I'm not even paying attention to elite war hero, because the gear, quite frankly, sucks major balls. It's not that big of an improvement at all - and even a downgrade if you consider there's no better power augs than the ones we currently are using.

im sitting at 30% crit buffed mainly cause massacre crits with gore up hit like a sonofa*****.

• 2 weeks later...