[VIDEO] Carnage Marauder pvp guide, with commentary

darthnish

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gear wise: i favor power, my crit is at 30% buffed and rest in power, i dont bother with accuracy cause ataru form + accuracy buffs in tree.

also build wise : http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcZhrrRRrrdGzZM.2

In my personal opinion, i think cloak of carnage is a waste of points, some people say its good for rage management, but i dont see it and i have no problems managing my rage without it, so in my opinion id say no dont get it, get the accuracy bonus so you can free up mod slots for more power.

Dude you need to play more on your marauder with us. You've been out of it for too long.

It's been happening during the last month, but... Rhymes-with-Storkgift members get FF'd like a beach by Yawns.

*cough*

3 Assault Vanguards on you at all times? Yup-yuuuuup. Camo out? 3 stealth scans! DODGE 'EM ALL! Break away? NOPE! Someone always has a Harpoon ready.

If your ping was permitting, you might have fun.

Would you share your gear?

My Massacres do hit for 3.2 but I have a hard time getting my 5k medal. Thanks

Been a while since I played my Marauder, but I'm pretty sure that Massacre is not the ability you should hit 5k with. I'm pretty sure it's Force Scream or Ravage+Gore.

Been a while since I played my Marauder, but I'm pretty sure that Massacre is not the ability you should hit 5k with. I'm pretty sure it's Force Scream or Ravage+Gore.

I was half asleep when I wrote this message...

Yes I know your screams, and ravages hit hard but I was wondering why mine were not. I am going to switch out all of my power augs for strength thanks.

thanks

Edited by PeteyLo

im a crit rate maruader myself, i understand some prefer stacking power, i never understood why

ataru form gets 30% crit dmg from skill

i think that makes it obvious we meant to be crit based

as for myself

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/8269/screenshot2013020618043.jpg

It's actually because Carnage has no skill in the tree that increases crit chance on any particular abilities, only the damage. For that reason, it's of greater benefit to Carnage to stack power over crit, and surge over accuracy. Theory craft and in game testing have shown Carnage performs "optimally" around 150 crit rating.

im a crit rate maruader myself, i understand some prefer stacking power, i never understood why

ataru form gets 30% crit dmg from skill

i think that makes it obvious we meant to be crit based

as for myself

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/8269/screenshot2013020618043.jpg

i agree withg you, ive realsied i do more DPS with 30% crit than with 2% crit and rest power, i am planning on farming more gear mods when transfers come out so i can reach my 30% crit chance goal

Returning Sub'd Mara here. Been away a looooooooong time. Dusted off the old account after about 8 months or so and there was NO WAY I was gonna go running around lookin the fool without at least a few hours research in the forums checking to see whats changed.

You (and this excellent video) just saved me hours research in making my jump back in easier. Thanks for takin' the time. Cannot wait to go cut me some light side knuckleheads!