As a Jedi shadow do you need strenght gear?

Damatese

You can use Strength to increase your melee strikes and corresponding melee attacks, but it will not boost force component and ranged attacks. So strength is not preffered yet boosting you somewhat.

If you have strength<->willpower choice, willpower in most cases is much better. But if you don't have willpower alternative (it happens for many shielding devices as of now), strength will do.

You can use Strength to increase your melee strikes and corresponding melee attacks, but it will not boost force component and ranged attacks. So strength is not preffered yet boosting you somewhat.

If you have strength<->willpower choice, willpower in most cases is much better. But if you don't have willpower alternative (it happens for many shielding devices as of now), strength will do.

Wrong. Consulars ONLY need willpower to increase ALL types of attack. Melee strikes are bolstered by use of the force the same way ranged are.

I suggest reading the stickies. They are some very good guides already available.

WILLPOWER. But unlike many games i'd suggest this.

Open up your character panel, the 2 panels at the bottom can be changed to display various stats one of which is your melee output. This panel will show you exactly what stats you are using and what they are contributing to your derived stats.

Most useful thing i've ever seen in any MMO. Normally your derived combat stats are worked out by countless tests by the hardcore players on test servers after every patch, for SWTOR we can simply check.

Wrong. Consulars ONLY need willpower to increase ALL types of attack. Melee strikes are bolstered by use of the force the same way ranged are.

I suggest reading the stickies. They are some very good guides already available.

According to the tooltip, Str also increase melee damage/crit on a consular. Even if willpower is better, since it's the main stat (increase melee dmg/crit, force power, easier to have, etc...), str still increase slightly your melee damage. So, GFWarper was right, if you can, increase will. But if you don't have the choice, increase str.

Edited by erei

According to the tooltip, Str also increase melee damage/crit on a consular. Even if willpower is better, since it's the main stat (increase melee dmg/crit, force power, easier to have, etc...), str still increase slightly your melee damage. So, GFWarper was right, if you can, increase will. But if you don't have the choice, increase str.

But what about for raids.....are people going to start rolling for tank pieces....i can see people start to get pissed....just saying

But what about for raids.....are people going to start rolling for tank pieces....i can see people start to get pissed....just saying

In a raid situation, a shadow should NEVER roll on a piece of gear with Str, unless there are no Jedi Knights (Guardians/Sentinels) who need it.

In a raid situation, a shadow should NEVER roll on a piece of gear with Str, unless there are no Jedi Knights (Guardians/Sentinels) who need it.

Eh, that will really be more of a light/heavy armor issue. I'd roll on something with Strength if it was light armor.

About the only time that should ever come up is if you go tank shadow and need a better shield generator, and that's mostly because will shields are almost impossible to find for awhile.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried both ways..

I geared for Str and endurance, and lit people and enemies up like nothing. But my force was weak, so I strictly do mdps with a double light saber its a fun time, plus you have your CC's helps a ton.

For tanking and actual stats your supposed to use.. Will power and endurance I was balanced in pvp and was extremely hard to kill selecting the right talent tree while tanking, even with out heals. And held a lot of threat and my focus attacks got stronger as I became a higher leveled player.

I would say gear what ever the hell you want too in regards to this, I think Jedi shadows can go both ways via being a tank, mt or dps.

This was the same thing that happened in WOW to people said I could not use spirit on my gear, when in fact spirit for lock increased my Spell power and mana re-gen. And I was out doing most mags for damage or just under them.

I would not roll on gear that is for say tanks or heals with str on it or spirit. Buy the gear you want and either balance out your stats for max damage or endurance, and do test runs on enemy's and in pvp until you find the right fit for you.

Correct. Crit rating is really awesome if you're Balance or Infiltration spec, because a gazillion of your attacks are fueled by critical hits. Note that Power (not strength) is useful if you're a tank, just to deal more damage for threat generation. In most cases though Will + Crit is great for Shadow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.