Why isnt HK-51 a Global unlock?

Darthmadius

Shrug, I'm going to do the quest through with my Imperial 50, just to see how the chain works differently from that end of the game. It helps to know there's a purpose to it beyond the cool cinematics, though. That character will get HK-51 at the end, as well, and save me $5.

:cool:

Edited by Phyreblade
spelling

HK should be Global/Legacy bound. Many of us have a few level 50s already but don't do everything with each. My example (Main-50 Jedi Shadow-PVE/RAID, Alt-50 Sith Warrior-CRAFTING, Alt Jedi Guardian-PVP) plus 2 more littles that are being played. I've dumped a ton of time and effort into the game, why not reward us for playing so much. Legacy is too expensive and having to do the HK quest over and over again is a waste of time when I've already done so much already. I wanna get the most of of my game (which I am and I love it) but gimme 2 weeks and SectionX will be like the Black Hole for me... autopilot and boring.

It would be nice if he was a global unlock. None of my level 50's have a use for him outside of unlocking him for giggles. He'd be a great help for my low leveled Sage, though.

Definitely not worth forking over RL cash, however. And definitely not worth the 1M credits for a companion that I can unlock in ~5 hours.

Hopefully he'll have an option to be made global when the flair wears off. Here's hoping!

Edited by Lexlo

This throws realism to trash can. How would suddenly one HK-51 divide to say 6 new ones?

I don't know the story behind this accuisition though. Could it be somehow explained how you come up with several replicas?

You find a ship full of them. Presumably you fix up multiple and send them to your family & friends (legacy). Not sure why you would send them to enemies and how you can do this only getting one set of parts. Arguably there is some sense that can be made from a story perspective and it's not completely off the wall IMO.

It would be nice if he was a global unlock. None of my level 50's have a use for him outside of unlocking him for giggles. He'd be a great help for my low leveled Sage, though.

Definitely not worth forking over RL cash, however. And definitely not worth the 1M credits for a companion that I can unlock in ~5 hours.

Hopefully he'll have an option to be made global when the flair wears off. Here's hoping!

EXACTLY. Couldn't say it better myself.

ashame he is on my lvl 50 main though as i don't solo quest much so i don't get to use him. if i could hav HK on some of my lowbie toons while leveling up it'd be way more awesome. i am glad i got him and don't mind the questlines, just would be more nice to level with him; rather than standing on fleet waiting for raids to start or my /LFG to pop

This caught my eye too.

1 millions credits i though was a fair price to unlock HK-51 for all your alts....until i saw its per character and not a global price.

I couldnt believe it tbh. Thats just mind boggling really and doesnt feel right at all.

You find a ship full of them. Presumably you fix up multiple and send them to your family & friends (legacy). Not sure why you would send them to enemies and how you can do this only getting one set of parts. Arguably there is some sense that can be made from a story perspective and it's not completely off the wall IMO.

I can live with that :D

I can honestly say I was disappointed, I went through this thinking oh yeah all this trouble but I get him on all my toons. Then, surprise, you have to pay 1 million credits or 350 coins to get him on each toon. Uh no, won't do it and I won't go through all that again, unless you want to make it easier to get the parts. Having to look for groups and having to fight the opposite faction to get some of the parts is a pain. I am thinking of people that have lives but also like the game. Some people don't have all the time in the world to do this on every toon, and don't play enough to build up credits to afford that on each toon. Just saying it was a disappointment to me.

after obtaining HK-51 the normal way...why is the legacy unlock a character perk...if you did it on one character it should be GLOBALLY unloacked for all your characters without any additional Cartel Coins charge?

I think he is saying that the quest should be opened for F2P'ers across legacy. Not that he shouldn't have to run the quest on each of his 50's. It's a fair request.

i can live with my ship being full of them, it would mean i can get a bigger ship after so many. and the new one might be more of a playerhouse then the hangout and do nothing we have now.

after obtaining HK-51 the normal way...why is the legacy unlock a character perk...if you did it on one character it should be GLOBALLY unloacked for all your characters without any additional Cartel Coins charge?

2 words: Cash Shop.

Take that however you want it. They want subscribers spending extra money.

Its 350 coins, which isn't a whole lot. But the lowest you can buy is 450 for $5, which is the problem.

$5 is not a whole lot, I'd gladly spend some money to unlock him on other toons, but then I'd be left over with extra coins I'll probably never use.

Here's my question: Why is there an Imperial and a Republic unlock listed on the character perks unlocks for all characters? What if I'm not paying attention when trying to get the unlock for my new trooper and I accidentally click the Imperial unlock? Am I out the 350 coins? Does the choice factor into HK's personality? What is the need for two different class unlock buttons for a character perk? There aren't two different factions for the repair droid.

Also, I am disappointed to find out that the unlock isn't legacy wide. I agree with the others who've posted, that there isn't any real use for HK-51 at level 50, but you have to be level 50 to unlock him. Makes a whole lot of sense to me.