Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Warzone Cartel Pack - would you buy/do we need one?

DarthMaulUK

With the upcoming Cartel Market, I noticed that there isn't any love for PvP. With that in mind, would you welcome such a pack littered with PvP gifts? Suggest some ideas and your thoughts -

I would like to see one with a roll for

WZ Med Packs

WZ Adrenals

100 either WZ coms or Rated coms(a bit like the old Champion bags)

WZ Valour Boost

Ideas?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the upcoming Cartel Market, I noticed that there isn't any love for PvP. With that in mind, would you welcome such a pack littered with PvP gifts? Suggest some ideas and your thoughts -

WZ Med Packs

WZ Adrenals

WZ Valour Boost

Ideas?

What you're suggesting with buying comms for coins is exactly pay2win. With your idea, a person can simply buy the best pvp gear with real money, and I think that is a very, very terrible idea.

Edited by Smashbrother

Im not suggesting, just throwing ideas in to the pot.

With a (hopeful) new influx of players, no one likes to be bottom of the food chain in PvP but I do feel Bioware need to address the gear grind for new players in WZs. Some of us have been lucky enough to gain from the Valour bug on Ilum, gained more WZ coms before the 1.2 changes to pvp.

So I think selling Ranked/WZ coms is a good idea but with a limit to how many can be purchased a week. Players need to catch up some how and will simply leave(like over 1.4 million did) if they aren't having fun. Being canon fodder in PvP is not fun

Shoot, I can remember you from swgalaxies.net. Hard to imagine I registered on that site...12 years ago now. Time flies when you're having fun!

Indeed. Man, 12 years ago! That was a lot of fun swgalaxies. I was going to do a site for this game but the Bioware Community team offered zero support. So I didn't waste my time. Funny how most of them have now lost their jobs.

Having played the f2p games that sell "indirectly" gear for money, I'd have to say -no-.

Would be great cash for BW, but if we as players care about the game, boycott any idea involving money for comms/consumables/boosters.

Edit: On a side note, offtopic I know but... Q.Q I'm so pissed I was too young/late for SWG. That game sounds awesome, way better than the sad theme park game we got here.

Edited by Doomsdaycomes

What you're suggesting with buying comms for coins is exactly pay2win. With your idea, a person can simply buy the best pvp gear with real money, and I think that is a very, very terrible idea.

I agree. That would totally be pay to win. I cannot believe someone would love that. :cool:

WZ Med Packs

WZ Adrenals

WZ Valour Boost

Ideas?

A way to completely ruin the game. Besides, if they added that next step would obviously be making new best pvp gear cash shop only. But that would not be relevant because nobody would be playing pvp at all.

WZ Med Packs

WZ Adrenals

WZ Valour Boost

Ideas?

I would probably buy medpacks and adrenals but selling WZ comms for money would mean pay-to-win. I don't want to be in a pay-to-win game and from what I've read/hear BW is against P2W, too.

I think I got a valor boost pack on the PTS from a Crime Lord's Pack but not sure.

I would probably put random cool looking PvP only armor or Expertise lightsaber crystals in PVP Packs. Those make you look better but don't affect warzone performance.

Im not suggesting, just throwing ideas in to the pot.

With a (hopeful) new influx of players, no one likes to be bottom of the food chain in PvP but I do feel Bioware need to address the gear grind for new players in WZs. Some of us have been lucky enough to gain from the Valour bug on Ilum, gained more WZ coms before the 1.2 changes to pvp.

So I think selling Ranked/WZ coms is a good idea but with a limit to how many can be purchased a week. Players need to catch up some how and will simply leave(like over 1.4 million did) if they aren't having fun. Being canon fodder in PvP is not fun

if you think 'bioware needs to address the gear grind' then you're playing the wrong game kid. go play a REAL mmo that makes you REALLY grind for gear, and then come back and thank bioware for making the gear grind easy(that's right, i said EASY)

if you think 'bioware needs to address the gear grind' then you're playing the wrong game kid. go play a REAL mmo that makes you REALLY grind for gear, and then come back and thank bioware for making the gear grind easy(that's right, i said EASY)

This game takes longer to get PvP gear than WoW does.

/thread

Is there any reason pay to win is bad?

I'm leading you into a trap here, so please be thoughtful with your response :)

ohhh, a WoW kiddie. . .you're not really helping your case lol

Actaully played SWTOR before WoW and just the fact I know the gear grinds in both games sets me up that I have a stronger outlook on gear and the grinds than you. Since you know you're only experienced in SWTOR. Please try and be smart.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.