Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Unbind your S keys please!

Xerain

I disagree. Any AC that has a frontal arc attack, backstab style attack or other positional restricted attack (which is almost all of them) can find a simple one step backwards to be of great benefit when server latency shows the target to be in front of you but actuality proves them to be positioned directly on top of or just behind you.

Think of it as a positional defensive cooldown or offensive burst buff rather than backpedaling. Without it, the target can attack me and I can't defend OR attack at my full strength.

:ph_thank_you:

Server Latency has also allowed me to back stab people while being in front of them so that's not a good argument.

Like I said it's far eaiser to snap your mouse around to turn to face them and a lot less noobish.

There is nothing you can do to justify your back pedaling. EVER.

There is no reason to backpedal, unless you're trying to trick people into thinking you're a noob so they target you more. The first thing any learning PvP player should do is unbind their S button, and free it up for an extra hotkey. My "S" key is Stealth Scan now.

You can still shoot targets behind you while running at full speed, strafing.

You don't get any "defense" against backstabs because your reduced speed makes it even easier for them to get behind you.

I backpedal all the time with my gunslinger, as I need to be facing my target, I like when noobs make fun of it too since they obviously don't know how to play.

That's false. Check out Taugrim's video here, it teaches how to properly kite enemies while still moving at full speed. Do what he does, minus the unnecessary jumping, because jumping slows down your movement speed in SWTOR (but not in most other games).

The most common situation where you'd need to do this in SWTOR are the tunnels after the doors in Voidstar. Your job is to get to the next console as soon as possible while still shooting/slowing down your enemies behind you and either defend or activate it - if you're backpedalling instead of strafing, you're not getting there at full speed and quite simply you are letting your team down.

Edited by Jenzali

How about when your healing someone in front of you and you getting back stabbed from behind!

short term use of back peddling is whatever. Long term use of back pedaling is yes bad.

but gotta admit its funny to watch someone backpedal into a fire pit in huttball.

OP was so mad that I insulted his intelligence he had to make a thread that he felt wast the only thing he had against me. Too cute.

Naw you keyboard turn and cry for nerfs too.

Edit: He also clicks his abilities too... :\

Edited by Xerain

I have personally unbound my backpeddle key because this damn game doesn't allow for macros and I need as many convenient keybinds as I can use. I don't feel that you NEED to unbind it to be a great player though as long as you don't use it like a baddie.

Calling someone a bad just because they haven't unbound backpeddle is just stupid though.

Edited by Smashbrother

How long have you and Xerain been dating?

Bro, I'm not the one who is QQing.

The ONLY QQ that I have ever made was talking about how Sorc/Sage bubbles stunlock WZs. If all they did was solely protect the caster, I could care less. But lately it's been an epic stunfest because of hybrids.

You on the other hand can't stop the QQ.

Xerain has made numerous threads and posts which were both humerous and lite, making fun of all the QQ badness that plagues the PVP threads.

You on the other hand are acting immature. I say that the OP has made valid points before and then you go and throw an off-topic insult at me? *** is that? Are you 12 years old?

Bro, I'm not the one who is QQing.

The ONLY QQ that I have ever made was talking about how Sorc/Sage bubbles stunlock WZs. If all they did was solely protect the caster, I could care less. But lately it's been an epic stunfest because of hybrids.

You on the other hand can't stop the QQ.

Xerain has made numerous threads and posts which were both humerous and lite, making fun of all the QQ badness that plagues the PVP threads.

You on the other hand are acting immature. I say that the OP has made valid points before and then you go and throw an off-topic insult at me? *** is that? Are you 12 years old?

It's ok don't mind this back pedaling, keyboard turning, clicking, qq nerf crying guy... Amksed will figure it out one day and hopefully improve to the level of being able to talk crap to the big boys.

It's ok don't mind this back pedaling, keyboard turning, clicking, qq nerf crying guy... Amksed will figure it out one day and hopefully improve to the level of being able to talk crap to the big boys.

So many people imposing their views upon others and then when they have nothing to say they either try to discredit or insult. The best is people who read my signature and go after the Chuck Norris quote, always the best.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.