Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Did I make a huge mistake?

AzuthTheHighOne

I just now bought the 14.99 digital standard version on origin because I tried the free to play (level 1-15) version and loved the story so far. I am now reading that on the 15th this game will go free to play for real and the 1-50 story will be free. Now, I planned to subscribe anyway because I don't want to deal will microtransactions and the way I am looking at this is basically instead of paying for the game I just payed for my first months sub. Also, is it worth it to upgrade? Those extra items (flare gun, holo dancer, etc.) don't really look worth it.

Huge mistake definitely not this game is worth a sub and even when f2p comes the box itself will still have a price so you didn't lose $15. AS for the deluxe items to the only one that I find truly useful is the STAP mount. It is nice not having to buy a mount when you are so low level plus now when 1.5 comes out it will level up with your speeder piloting so it goes from level 1 - 3 in speed. Awesome! The other items the flare gun is cool in a group to get attention but the other items are just straight fluff.

No I don't think you made a mistake. If you were planning to sub anyway then you just paid the first month's sub.

My personal opinion is upgrading probably isn't worth it (I have both DDE and CE). I bought DDE at launch, the only thing I really use of the perks is the speeder. I bought CE recently, but that was for a few reason:

- Wanted the extra 250 cartel coins (There's a good chance your past the deadline to have your code applied to get this, especially after waiting for shipping)

- Wanted the Trooper set

- Because it's so cheap now, the reason I didn't buy it at launch is cost, but now it's dirt cheap.

- A likely in vain hope that they will either add more to the CE store or keep doing things to reward CE

The biggest of those things was the bonus CC which as I said you're probably too late to get. If you wanted to upgrade at all I'd recommend DDE as you'll get another free month for only $5 more than normal sub cost, plus you're probably in time for the extra 100 CC and you can use the speeder, but even then this might not be worth it for you.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

Hey, I bought the digital delux when it was a whole lot more money than that :D

As you said you basically just paid for a month of subscription and got some extra in-game items, also I believe you will get some extra cartel coins for it.

Edited by chuixupu

No I don't think you made a mistake. If you were planning to sub anyway then you just paid the first month's sub.

My personal opinion is upgrading probably isn't worth it (I have both DDE and CE). I bought DDE at launch, the only thing I really use of the perks is the speeder. I bought CE recently, but that was for a few reason:

- Wanted the extra 250 cartel coins (There's a good chance your past the deadline to have your code applied to get this, especially after waiting for shipping)

- Wanted the Trooper set

- Because it's so cheap now, the reason I didn't buy it at launch is cost, but now it's dirt cheap.

- A likely in vain hope that they will either add more to the CE store or keep doing things to reward CE

The biggest of those things was the bonus CC which as I said you're probably too late to get. If you wanted to upgrade at all I'd recommend DDE as you'll get another free month for only $5 more than normal sub cost, plus you're probably in time for the extra 100 CC and you can use the speeder, but even then this might not be worth it for you.

I actually bought the digital standard edition, so I wonder if I would get the coins? So, are you saying if I upgrade to the digital deluxe edition for the extra $5 I get another whole month for free?

Also security key is worth it also for Fleet passes and the extra protection to your account

I just added the mobile key. Does that come with the fleet passes as well?

Edited by AzuthTheHighOne

If you're planning to sub I'd say you didn't make a mistake.

Of the included DDE items, I pull out the VIP wrist band thing (for when my toon needs a big/dumb/ugly speeder), flare gun (because sometimes it can be funny), and the STAP mount. At launch blue holodancers were glowing all over the place but haven't seen one since. When you get legacy up and running you can buy speeder ability at level 10 for your alts, use the included STAP and not have to run everywhere until level 25.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I actually bought the digital standard edition, so I wonder if I would get the coins? So, are you saying if I upgrade to the digital deluxe edition for the extra $5 I get another whole month for free?

My understanding (I could be wrong) If you just bought the game for the first time and bought standard you will get nothing. You get coins for each paid month (the free month doesn't count as it's not paid) and there are extra bonuses for DDE & CE, standard won't get those. However you can check here:https://account.swtor.com/user/cartelcoins

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

I want to thank everyone for your comments. It was very helpful. I guess what I was most concerned about was that the sub price was going to fall and thus made a mistake by not waiting. After doing some research, this does not seem to be the case. Hope to see some of you out there in world.

Thanks,

Azuth

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.