Lightside/Darkside grouping

Fflarn

The main problem I have with the game right now is this. Swtor pushed it's aspect of a story driven MMO pretty hard, and it's kind of an Epic fail when you're doing a flashpoint and your three companions want darkside points so at every turn where conversations lead to an option for people dying, that's where it goes.

To me it's pretty ludicrous that my light aligned Jedi Consular just goes 'Sorry Engineers, I wanted to save you, but gee, I got outvoted'. I could see this with a trooper or smuggler, but a Jedi?

Yes, I still get light points for choosing the option to save them (by the way, was it REALLY necessary to dumb down the conversation system to a point where the discussion wheel will show you if an answer will give light or dark points when you highlight it?) But I also get a title of 'Backstabber'. Yes, I never have to wear the title, but it doesn't change to me that my Consular is now labeled as such every time I look at my titles. There is also the amusing fact that you are left with still having to deal with the conversation fallout.

You selected to save the ambassador, and the other three want to leave her behind. So you get light points, but then the ambassador throws the guilt trip on you and you have to answer. Where is the 'Sorry, I wanted to save you but the rest of the party are jerks' response?

The same goes for darksiders stuck with light side groups, although from my experiences so far, there are for more people doing dark side than light.

The main problem I have with the game right now is this. Swtor pushed it's aspect of a story driven MMO pretty hard, and it's kind of an Epic fail when you're doing a flashpoint and your three companions want darkside points so at every turn where conversations lead to an option for people dying, that's where it goes.

To me it's pretty ludicrous that my light aligned Jedi Consular just goes 'Sorry Engineers, I wanted to save you, but gee, I got outvoted'. I could see this with a trooper or smuggler, but a Jedi?

Yes, I still get light points for choosing the option to save them (by the way, was it REALLY necessary to dumb down the conversation system to a point where the discussion wheel will show you if an answer will give light or dark points when you highlight it?) But I also get a title of 'Backstabber'. Yes, I never have to wear the title, but it doesn't change to me that my Consular is now labeled as such every time I look at my titles. There is also the amusing fact that you are left with still having to deal with the conversation fallout.

You selected to save the ambassador, and the other three want to leave her behind. So you get light points, but then the ambassador throws the guilt trip on you and you have to answer. Where is the 'Sorry, I wanted to save you but the rest of the party are jerks' response?

The same goes for darksiders stuck with light side groups, although from my experiences so far, there are for more people doing dark side than light.

Simple solution for you.... have friends. Problem solved. The other solution is to not be such a spas and realise that it's not the real world. You're not going to get knocked back for a job or promotion because of a bunch of dark side titles you got while in a group. I'd say your wife / gf won't leave you over it but I doubt you'll have one with that kind of OCD attitude.

Simple solution for you.... have friends. Problem solved. The other solution is to not be such a spas and realise that it's not the real world. You're not going to get knocked back for a job or promotion because of a bunch of dark side titles you got while in a group. I'd say your wife / gf won't leave you over it but I doubt you'll have one with that kind of OCD attitude.

troll is troll.

Yes, it is a role playing problem, I realize for the vast majority of the MMO player base this means it is no problem.

Do I expect Bioware to do anything about it? Not really. Can I still put forth that it is a problem? Yep.

Yog get your points based off what you chose, not what the person who won the social role chose. Pick your light side options and you will get your light side points, regardless of what actually occurs.

Wow, you really read the OP. Congrats!

To topic: I agree that this seems problematic from a role-playing perspective. I'm not into heavy role-playing but I still find it problematic. Especially that you get the "wrong" title.

Yeah - it does seem a little silly for my character to just stand there and watch it go down, but it doesn't really bother me as I do like seeing the other options play out. The only part I don't like is getting stuck with the dark side title, which is how it often goes after a Black Talon run. I had to re run that thing a bunch of times to get my light side title. :p I did get a nice set of gear out of it though, so it wasn't too bad. :o Edited by lornalove

So you can even "collect" both titles? That seems even sillier.

Maybe you should get a whole other title for wanting to do the right thing but doing nothing about it (there's not much you can do, other that leave the party - a hardcore role-player probably would): AKA "Passive Bystander". :D

There is an option to kill/save a prisoner on Ord Mantell in the Speratist base that really annoyed me. The option to kill/save him happens and then there is a further conversation option and the person that wins that roll kills the guy. My only options are to either kill him which I didn't want to do in the first place or annoy everyone else by waiting for the conversation to time out.

Where is the pass option for conversations? Not only whould it help in these situations it would speed up conversatiosn including people using the Holocall option. As currently they can't select any options if it involves physical interaction with an NPC so you can end waiting for 2-3 conversations options to time out in a sigle conversation.

I actually have a way bigger problems with how affection to companions work. I for one play as a LIGHT SIDE Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer, and this renders at least my two first companions useless when it comes to affection towards them.

This might be realistic and all that, but it does make me somewhat forced towards playing dark side, even though I don't want to.