Feedback Request: Moddable Outfits

JovethGonzalez

An honest, to goodness cowboy hat for smuggies without wacko goggles or bizarre face masks or chin straps that look like they've been ripped off of a "special boy's" helmet. Just the hat.

Hood down robes....

Caped armor for Sith that doesn't cut into people's chins or make them look like a reject from a B-Film 1950's Sci Fi Serial! It would also be really great if it didn't have shoulder-pads ripped off from either a 1980's Soap Opera or a linebacker about to reveal that he's always wanted to be a dominatrix.

Honest to goodness Trooper armor that isn't in day-glow colors or covered in spikes would also be nice.

A hat!!!! Please! For the love of the Force! Just one hat!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Edited by Dallayna

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Non robe (top/pant) female jedi outfits... things that look pretty and scream female yet she kicks butt.

Example:

Satele Shan

Satele Shan

and more Satele Shan

PLEASE GIVE US SATELE SHAN

did I mention Satele Shan? :p *bats eyes*

Robes like THIS - single layer, long sleeve (tucks under bracers), with a separate cloak/hood combination. Realistic drapery and detailed accessories. High-res texturing throughout, especially around the neck/collar region. I think male and female variants would sell really well. I know I'd buy it! Edited by ELECTRICJUDGMENT

Hey folks, the Cartel Market team wants your help and advice in determining possible future content.

Specifically, they want to hear about what current in-game outfits you’ve been envious of that you would love to see available for other classes as moddable outfits. Please post your thoughts and ideas below!

ANY of the mando sets would be GRREEEAAATTTT!!!!!!! A solid Black version of the Primeval Ardent Blade set. Some more but I have to think :D

I want to see the loungewear tops without the frakking flaps, it's so ugly and doesn't even look good with a skirt and color match.

I hope the next pack that comes out has some good stuff in it. I've only bought a couple of the latest packs. I'm going for the veractyl so I'm going to be buying a couple of hyper crates. Need something good in it.

I know that's close to what I like in a cowboy hat ... but without the ridiculously huge strap :: kills the look completely. Hats should sit on the head, not be tied to it.

I see what you mean. I think the main reason it looks like this is because the whole look was inspired by this guy. But there are so many versions of it, with a mask and such I suppose removing the strap or bottom mask would be possible.

I would like to see animated armor pieces. Ones with working mechanics on them like lights flashing, steam or air valves moving. or even electricity jolts when taking damage.

What I'd really like to see is Death Trooper armor. Yeah. Some Sith Acolyte, Trooper, or Madolorian armor that looks zombified.

1. Official Mandalorian Armor Set

2. Satele Shan Armor Set

3. This stuff not in game but since we got armor sets from the past what about armor sets from the future?

4. Sith Warrior Champion gear Hood up

You mean like this?

Oh! I'm sorry, I did forget to add that I didn't want the "special boy" chin strap either, and, I've seen this before but... sure enough, there's those ridiculous goggles on it too. So, while I thought I covered that with: just that hat!, you're right, I probably should be more clear and concise with my wording so, I've fixed it. Thanks for the heads up about that.

Also, thanks for the thought Lionflash but yeah, that looks just as stupid as the rest of their half-hearted attempts thusfar.

:)

Edited by Dallayna

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.torhead.com/item/21CJeFC/cerebral-battle-vestments

This is the shoulderless, beltless/strapless version that works very well with pants (I tend to use the pilots pants from the space combats com vendor).

I think I'm in a minority of one here though, but I would love a factionless adaptive version for my other chars to wear. I just love it. It looks really bad *** on my assassins and with the right dye module I think it would look just as bad *** on my shadows, knights, smugglers, warriors, and even agents.

*and some variant on satele shan's outfit. Yeah...that's needed, even if it requires level 31.

Edited by calypsissmexy

I see what you mean. I think the main reason it looks like this is because the whole look was inspired by this guy. But there are so many versions of it, with a mask and such I suppose removing the strap or bottom mask would be possible.

The reason it has that strap is so they don't have to model hair...same reason when you put the imp officer hat on you are suddenly bald and why almost every helmet has a hair substitute cloth wrap or some other form that occludes any view of where hair would be.

The reason it has that strap is so they don't have to model hair...same reason when you put the imp officer hat on you are suddenly bald and why almost every helmet has a hair substitute cloth wrap or some other form that occludes any view of where hair would be.

They can put on short male hair, like they did it in many other games which featured various hairstyles and hats. Wearing hats prevented you from having your haircut, but it displayed some other, short one that doesn't clip.

They can put on short male hair, like they did it in many other games which featured various hairstyles and hats. Wearing hats prevented you from having your haircut, but it displayed some other, short one that doesn't clip.

Of course, I'm just pointing out their design habit which has been consistent in all the headgear I've seen. Obviously they've eschewed a short hair solution in favor of the "no hair at all" solution. Probably because it's just quicker to deal with and they never implemented hat hair at the start.

Skyrim hairs all have 2 layers, one of which (the bulky layer) is removed when a helmet is put on, allowing for a thinner layer to hang down. They also use vertex groups to remove parts of the hair mesh so it doesn't clip through the top of the headgear. Bioware decided to skip any finagling and go straight bald. It is not my preferred solution but certainly simpler.

For me, the problem with moddable outfits is the sheer cost of swapping mods etc & reaugmenting stuff. Im always hovering on the edge of bankruptcy.

In Lotro I can change my appearance for free on the fly, its a much better system.

For me, the problem with moddable outfits is the sheer cost of swapping mods etc & reaugmenting stuff. Im always hovering on the edge of bankruptcy.

In Lotro I can change my appearance for free on the fly, its a much better system.

^ This.

I am pretty casual with my gaming style (even if I sometimes spend far too much time in-game) and not much in it for the grind. I have eight characters and I am focusing far more on going through story content than repeatable content. So even though I have a ninth character that is just for storage and playing the GTN, I am always near broke and between the cost of repairs and "winning" upgraded pieces from level 50-55, if I win 1-2 drops per FP/OPS it means I am running it at a loss and have to go grind dailies just to equip the drop I "won" (but usually looks horrible).