Official "Give Us Purple Color Crystals" Discussion

MalachiDraven

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the fleet you can buy Purple lightsabers, lvl 50 PvP gear.

It takes a long time to get to level 50. Especially if you don't play hardcore, it could take you about 3 months to get to level 50. Also, it seems to me that most of this game is about the leveling process itself. I like it that way. I feel like I'm actually participating in things and I'm only level 36. I don't have to be level 50 to go do the super cool stuff like kill Jedis.

So, if I'm supposed to feel special before level 50, why can't I have the color of crystal that I want before level 50?

At the end of beta there were items on the dromund kass vendor that had purple crystals in them that you could remove and use for your saber. Apparently they deemed that too cool so instead of letting you actually have it, they put the color of the saber on pretty much every sith you fight on dromund kass and gave you no chance of getting the color for yourself.

Thank the whiny kids who claimed it was a rare color because only Samuel L. Jackson used it in the movies. Funny thing about beta is the people that *****ed the loudest knew the least about the lore from the books, previous games, and sometimes even the films themselves. You have them to thank for Blue/Green being light side only and Red being Dark side only. You have them to thank for all the good looking colors being unavailable and only the orange and yellow being easy as hell to get.

Edit: Funny enough, even though the purple crystals being on the vendor was a widely known thing, 90% of the Sith you saw running around did NOT have a purple lightsaber. They chose the color they liked. Some of us (like myself) used the purple, but I even gave up the purple color crystals when I got into my mid 20s in favor of saber crystals with better stats.

Edited by theLast

Orange seems to be light side.

Purple seems to be dark side.

Seems backwards as Light side is lighter colors & purple is close to blue.

Orange is close to red...

Nope.

All of the orange sabres I've encountered have required Dark I or above.

I hate to hear that white will be a rare color. I intend to dual wield white sabres at some point(hopefully with white robes as well, like my current Echani robes).

Edit: Also, to add, since I don't want to post twice in a row... Mace Windu was the only notable Jedi ever to use the purple crystals. In fact, he practiced a dark form of sabre combat, and was the only practicioner of that form that didn't fall to the dark side. Mace Windu was a jedi, and a good guy, but he definitely fell to the darker spectrum of jedi.

Edited by Tyrilean

ENOUGH OF YOUR TERRIBLE EXCUSES FOR WHY PURPLE CRYSTALS ARE RARE.

Have you PLAYED THIS GAME?

THIS game, with the FORUMS you are using/reading RIGHT NOW?

I have fought and killed TONS of PURPLE (thats right PURPLE PURPLE PURPLE PURPLE) lightsaber wielding Sith.

PURPLE IS NOT RARE.

Bioware has it ALL OVER in this VERY game.

There is only 1 issue right now.

Why can PLAYERS not find any. 4 of the 8 classes use light sabers. Who in there right mind would impose as many color restrictions as we currently have.

Dark Side / Light Side restrictions gimp the already pathetic amount of choices, and Samuel L Jackson fanboys think any one gives a flip about keeping him a special snowflake.

Change this CRAP ASAP. I'll be level 41 tomorrow and I'm so sick of Blue/Green/Yellow and Orange they are starting to make me physically ill.

This is one of the many idiotic things that piss many people of in extended beta, making purple crystals more rare than it was back like 5 builds ago. I really don't understand Bioware sometimes. It's like they enjoy making people mad for whatever perverted reason it passes through there mind. Edited by Kevinik

when will people stop whining they want everything without doing anything.

Purple crystal are rare to get in this game. Its fluff. You want that fluff? work for it.

ps I had one at level 30 in beta, i also had a white one. They drop from world boss mostly.

Edited by boobaffet

ENOUGH OF YOUR TERRIBLE EXCUSES FOR WHY PURPLE CRYSTALS ARE RARE.

Have you PLAYED THIS GAME?

THIS game, with the FORUMS you are using/reading RIGHT NOW?

I have fought and killed TONS of PURPLE (thats right PURPLE PURPLE PURPLE PURPLE) lightsaber wielding Sith.

PURPLE IS NOT RARE.

Bioware has it ALL OVER in this VERY game.

There is only 1 issue right now.

Why can PLAYERS not find any. 4 of the 8 classes use light sabers. Who in there right mind would impose as many color restrictions as we currently have.

Dark Side / Light Side restrictions gimp the already pathetic amount of choices, and Samuel L Jackson fanboys think any one gives a flip about keeping him a special snowflake.

Change this CRAP ASAP. I'll be level 41 tomorrow and I'm so sick of Blue/Green/Yellow and Orange they are starting to make me physically ill.

I think you should quit the game.

Disagree, there needs to be rare colors that are hard to get. I think purple should be one of them if it isnt already bc EVERYONE wants a purple saber.

Not everyone wants purple, there was poll back before the launch wipe and purple wasn't on top.

PURPLE IS NOT A RARE COLOR!!

I have searched everywhere looking for a Purple Color Crystal and they are nowhere to be found. Actually, that's not quite true. There are a few on level 50 gear you buy from vendors with items that I'm guessing come from Operations. There is also a rare "Magenta" schematic that drops from a world boss.

That's just stupid. I don't want "magenta". I want purple, damn it! And I don't want to wait until level freakin' 50!! All of the Inquisitor promo vids show the player using a Purple color crystal. It's wrong if I have to wait until level 50.

The only answers I could find as to why there are NO low level purple color crystals is "Purple is going to be a rare color". I say NO! Purple is NOT a rare color! It should not be a rare color crystal! If the devs make it a rare color I will be super pissed.

There are some colors that I can definitely see being rare. Such as White, Silver, Black with Blue outline, Black with Red outline, and I *think* there's a Black with Green outline in-game but not positive. I know the others are, whether obtainable or not, they're in-game. Those I can definitely agree should be rare colors....but Purple?!?!? Purple is a regular freakin' color!

And some people have said that Purple is going to be Dark Side only. While I would be able to use it, because I'm Dark Side, I still think that would be dumb. Mace Windu is not a Dark Side person, so you can not have Purple crystals be limited to only Dark Side users.

Leave your thoughts and comments! We want our Purple crystals now!! We want to know WHY they were removed from the game (excluding the lvl 50 ones)!!! And do NOT make them Dark Side only!!!

White shouldn't be rare because I like it.