PC Rig for SW:TOR

olliewars

Heya,

I don't often write on these forums, the few times I do it is to seek advise and today is no different. I was looking to build/buy a pre-built PC which would be capable of playing TOR on High specs, I have a budget of around £550 (about $900). For this I need everything (Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor, etc).

If anybody could post some advice that would be great :) Thanks in advance and look forward to reading replies

Not sure with your budget if that's possible. TOR isn't really graphics intensive but building a gaming rig on that budget is very tight. Especially since that budget has to include the monitor, keyboard,mouse speakers etc.

Your going to want to go with an AMD rig for sure though. Quite a bit cheaper overall in build than an intel.

Sorry mate, that generally won't cut with that budget. Decent pre-built PC you'll find would probably be an AMD budget gaming rig for £550. If you can cut in an extra £150-£200 you'll be able to get a mouse and keyboard and monitor with it also.

$900 is totally doable if you are willing to buy the parts seperately and put them together. I did this for my recent computer, spent about $1000 and it's a very powerful system. You could easily cut a few corners on some things and knock it down to $900. Just don't skimp on the video card.

Edit: Actually I missed that you'd need to buy the monitor too, that'd probably bump it up again. But still, I'd say go the building route if you want the best system for your budget.

Edited by chuixupu

Well, thanks all for your help. It's a shame that budget wouldn't cut it,however more funds have come available (Woo, lol) and about £600 without monitor/keyboard/mouse is my budget. Is it now obtainable or should I just give up? :p

The PC I have now is 1.5 years old. It cost me $1,000. It was pre-built, and it runs the game beautifully on high specs. It is completely possible for you to find a computer that will do the same in your budget. It won't be high-end, but it will run high specs. For affordable yet very capable gaming PCs, I recommend Gateway FX series. It's what I have, and it has never let me down. :) Good luck.

ETA: With a monitor and accessories this one would be a little over $1,000 USD.

Edited by LostInReverie

Ignore all these guys, you can run this game (or almost any game on high) with a 600$ computer if you play your cards right. I have 2 gaming computers, one that cost me 3000$ (USD) and another that cost 300$ (USD)... the one that cost 300 can run this game on high, and the 3000$ one can run it maxxed Edited by MightyVittey

Heya,

I don't often write on these forums, the few times I do it is to seek advise and today is no different. I was looking to build/buy a pre-built PC which would be capable of playing TOR on High specs, I have a budget of around £550 (about $900). For this I need everything (Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor, etc).

If anybody could post some advice that would be great :) Thanks in advance and look forward to reading replies

Compromises you going to make ... many ones.

Cheap monitor, MB, PSU & case in your future I see.

Most MMO rely heavy on both CPU & GPU so no way to go cheap in one of them as beginning...

Maybe if you give a link with store you would use we could advice you something.

(Also minimum of monitor diagonal).

Zoostorm 7877-0095 Premium PC (Intel Core i5-2320, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit) 390 £ and monitor Samsung S24B300HL 23.6 inch Widescreen LED Monitor - Gloss Black (1920 x 1080 Full HD, 5ms, HDMI/VGA) 120 £ on Amazon.uk today.