EPIC imbalance

Nilatis

I've rarely ever managed to break through Sorcerer/Sage's Static Barrier with Smash, that's how bad it is.

This is one single rotation, by the way, for those who claim that Rage is the simplest rotation in the game... Oh, and I know it by heart, which is why at the end of every match I have about the same amount of damage done as everyone else on my team:

Enrage (Power *4 ticks) -> Force Charge (100% Critical Chance) -> Smash -> Force Crush (Power *4 ticks) -> Sundering Assault -> Ravage -> Obliterate (Critical Chance) -> Smash -> Sundering Assault -> Vicious Slash -> Force Shoke (Power *4 ticks) -> Intercede (On healer, to get distance quickly) -> Force Charge (100% Critical Chance) -> Smash

Look, I was a full BM Vigilance Guardian once. My Sweeps could crit for 2k without any real gear optimization with the Swelling Winds talent. You have that, too, as well as the 100% extra crit damage from Singularity, 30% more crit damage from Focused Resonance, 30% armour penetration in Shii-cho, 6% extra Force Damage from Single Saber Mastery.

I mean seriously, I just logged in to check: right now my Sweep's base damage is 1776-1867. It's probably significantly lower than that with only BM gear but I'd bet it's still somewhere around 1400-1500. Add all that extra crit damage on it, factor in mitigation from armour - you're looking at something well above 4k. It should always break the bubble of an unguarded Sorcerer if you have 4 stacks and you're after a Leap. The numbers don't add up otherwise.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've rarely ever managed to break through Sorcerer/Sage's Static Barrier with Smash, that's how bad it is.

This is one single rotation, by the way, for those who claim that Rage is the simplest rotation in the game... Oh, and I know it by heart, which is why at the end of every match I have about the same amount of damage done as everyone else on my team:

Enrage (Power *4 ticks) -> Force Charge (100% Critical Chance) -> Smash -> Force Crush (Power *4 ticks) -> Sundering Assault -> Ravage -> Obliterate (Critical Chance) -> Smash -> Sundering Assault -> Vicious Slash -> Force Shoke (Power *4 ticks) -> Intercede (On healer, to get distance quickly) -> Force Charge (100% Critical Chance) -> Smash

Now, I am not sure what you are talking about.

If you are complaining about not being able to get higher than 2.5k on Smash unless you are WH:

Just to humor you, I put on my augmented BM tank set. The PvP calcd crit rating was ~3600. Even against a WH, the mitigation would drop it to ~3000. Again, that is on augmented BM TANK gear, rolling a 18/2/21, rolling in Soresu , and a fortitude stim. If you are hitting 2.5K, you either got a spec problem, or someone has a debuff active. Do you have Shockwave and Decimate specd? As I stated, in my mostly WH DPS gear, with the same spec and stim, I hit people for 4K+, easy. If you got BM DPS, you should have no problem breaking Sage bubble, that is...., unless..., your smash is broken.....:D. You also should think about not using your Shockwave proc until after you charge. Just saying. I know it hurts, but L2P is written all over this...

If you are complaining about the OP'dness of Smash:

Um...ok... this is not news. Its always been as good. Now, you can do it more often.

There. you feel better?

Now, I am not sure what you are talking about.

If you are complaining about not being able to get higher than 2.5k on Smash unless you are WH:

Just to humor you, I put on my augmented BM tank set. The PvP calcd crit rating was ~3600. Even against a WH, the mitigation would drop it to ~3000. Again, that is on augmented BM TANK gear, rolling a 18/2/21, rolling in Soresu , and a fortitude stim. If you are hitting 2.5K, you either got a spec problem, or someone has a debuff active. Do you have Shockwave and Decimate specd? As I stated, in my mostly WH DPS gear, with the same spec and stim, I hit people for 4K+, easy. If you got BM DPS, you should have no problem breaking Sage bubble, that is...., unless..., your smash is broken.....:D. You also should think about not using your Shockwave proc until after you charge. Just saying. I know it hurts, but L2P is written all over this...

If you are complaining about the OP'dness of Smash:

Um...ok... this is not news. Its always been as good. Now, you can do it more often.

There. you feel better?

Yeah, I somehow magically respec without knowing it and lose two points in Shockwave whenever I enter a Warzone. Sorry, but I feel like sarcasm was necessary at this point. No offense intended, but you can't have read much of what I've written because it is obvious that I can tell four stacks of Shockwave from none.

No, I'm not complaining about Smash specifically, I'm complaining about gear optimization. Example: While I was on my Juggernaut I got hit for over 2,000 damage per critical tick with Telekinetic Throw, whereas my Sorcerer can barely do 1,000 damage per critical tick with Force Lightning. When your damage is -50% lower than your opponent, in every single Warzone match you play, do you really want to keep going?

I prefer lowbie Warzones. I don't enjoy it when there's new players on either side because it sometimes get either too easy or too difficult, but it sure as hell is a lot more fun than having to pound my head against the wall for several hours straight, every day of the week, for months, just to get the same optimized gear that the ones who PVP'ed every day, since day one, got.

Do you know how long it took me to complete one PVP weekly quest on Red Eclipse? A month. That's how much the Empire lose on Red Eclipse against the Republic. The few times we do get to win is when we get Huttball, because that is the only place gear optimization hardly counts, compared to other maps.

lol don't do that whole experience thing...I don't know an optimized aug wh smash sent/guard/jug/mar that hasn't tried to backpedal for range to leap while I have slowly advanced for the entire fight rofl. In my experience, most players in swtor that have the patience to fully optimize a single class are pugstomping baddies that love the low skill cap and lack of premade matching. Some are decent 1v1'rs but thats about it (and that is because they spec for 1v1 lol).

Now, not saying all are like this it is just a game will attract what it supports and a low skill cap, huge gear optimization system, 50% of wz premades, no premade matching, and several different war and healer archetypes will attract the low skilled. Cross server, premade matching, and mixed faction warzones would really help the community.

Dumping the Expertise concept will improve PVP. I've said it countless times over, that a PVP framework within a PVE framework is counter-intelligent. It's the same as keeping warm water in a bowl made entirely out of ice, and expect the water not to get cold and the ice not to melt. It doesn't work.

Edited by Nilatis

I can't agree with dumping expertise at all. I'd love a smaller gear gap since this game is great for having multiple 50s but many pvp'rs don't want to pve.

I think there should be a way for pve'rs to get something out of pve for pvp and pvp'rs to for pve though. BUT this should be something where having top end pvp gear helps your start pve and having top tier pve gear helps you start pvp better IT SHOULD NOT be something that helps a lot min/max wise.

Y

Example: While I was on my Juggernaut I got hit for over 2,000 damage per critical tick with Telekinetic Throw

Get expertise. either that or it was a mind crush proc first hit i highly doubt this claim.

Also wow it took you a month to get a weekly? :o

Edited by AngusFTW

I PvP on both sides and you're making it out to be far worse than it is, both sides have good and bad players and I find that I win as much as I do on imp side as I do when playing on the republic. Even when solo queuing I still win alot of my games.

Do we play on the same Red Eclipse? :)

My last 40 games of PvP has a win ratio of about 12% playing as Imp. So I totally aggree with the OP. Being a casual player that gets about 20 games a week, that means about a month to complete the weekly. The situation has gotten better the latest week it seems like and it's also a little bit better on weekends, and i even got one night with more wins than losses, and thats a first for me since starting PvPing on Red Eclipse I think.

And if anyone responds that the situation is balanced on Red Eclipse and you play only Rep side, then I don't listen since I know you all just want to stomp Imps all night long without any resistance :p

Dude, I dunno which fairy game you are play with that rotation.

Because in real swtor game, against real players after

Enrage (Power *4 ticks) -> Force Charge (100% Critical Chance) ->

- real rotation is: -> stun -> stun -> stun -> die.

Edited by TonyDragonflame

Dude, I dunno which fairy game you are play with that rotation.

Because in real swtor game, against real players after

- real rotation is: -> stun -> stun -> stun -> die.

Or, force charge -> enemies stunned -> enemies stunned -> enemies stunned -> smash and 5 people die.

Haha, smash when your singularity ends with 2-3 k damage. 5 people die around with laugh, no doubt! :D

So its ok for you to get chain stunned while under attack but not for others?

According to your post you are implying your derpasmasher get stunned 3 times and you automatically die. Wow are you stupid or something? or just trolling?

Man you must be playing with excessive amount of derpasmash to get to that level of derpaness and fail you see your own hypocrisy with your own stupid post reply.

So its ok for you to get chain stunned while under attack but not for others?

According to your post you are implying your derpasmasher get stunned 3 times and you automatically die. Wow are you stupid or something? or just trolling?

Man you must be playing with excessive amount of derpasmash to get to that level of derpaness and fail you see your own hypocrisy with your own stupid post reply.

Dude, try to play against good players and when you are stunned, you will be focused of 2-3 enemies with burst damage and yes, you are die very very fast if you have not pocket healer.

Focus/Rage good spec, but ONLY in premade with pocket healer. Thats all.

Dude, try to play against good players and when you are stunned, you will be focused of 2-3 enemies with burst damage and yes, you are die very very fast if you have not pocket healer.

Focus/Rage good spec, but ONLY in premade with pocket healer. Thats all.

Yea like how I burst my bubble stuns on 5 guys and have our 3 smasher to triple gib them instantly. You must not play with good players. AoE stun 2 to 3 warriors smash and you have bunch of corpses.

You still dont get it? every class can focus on someone only derpasmashers can focus on up to 5 people at a time.

I prefer lowbie Warzones. I don't enjoy it when there's new players on either side because it sometimes get either too easy or too difficult, but it sure as hell is a lot more fun than having to pound my head against the wall for several hours straight, every day of the week, for months, just to get the same optimized gear that the ones who PVP'ed every day, since day one, got.

Do you know how long it took me to complete one PVP weekly quest on Red Eclipse? A month. That's how much the Empire lose on Red Eclipse against the Republic. The few times we do get to win is when we get Huttball, because that is the only place gear optimization hardly counts, compared to other maps.

The Empire seem to win plenty of matches on Red Eclipse, both at low level and lvl 50 there is no sense that the Reps are dominating the field at all in the zones I regularly end up in. In fact over the last few weekends it has been Imp wins taking the majority. Obviously this is just a time of day thing then for you, you are queuing at times outside of the Imp victories.

No, I'm not complaining about Smash specifically, I'm complaining about gear optimization. Example: While I was on my Juggernaut I got hit for over 2,000 damage per critical tick with Telekinetic Throw, whereas my Sorcerer can barely do 1,000 damage per critical tick with Force Lightning. When your damage is -50% lower than your opponent, in every single Warzone match you play, do you really want to keep going?.

No SORC/SAGE can tick TKT/LITE for 2K. I'm have WH Sage, in addition to my Guardian. I might tick for 600-1000(on-crit, tops). Again, another BAD example. You somehow think gear is the reason for the difference when it is apparent that you don't know crap about your own class.

Dumping the Expertise concept will improve PVP. I've said it countless times over, that a PVP framework within a PVE framework is counter-intelligent. It's the same as keeping warm water in a bowl made entirely out of ice, and expect the water not to get cold and the ice not to melt. It doesn't work.

EXP has a very small impact on why there are difference between gear levels. It's small, very small. Like 5% difference from REC to WH, and only about 1% from BM to WH, yet you claim your BM is not viable. While I wont deny optimization increases the difference, between unoptimized BM and optimized WH is probably in the neighborhood of adding 5%-10% more. That's a 10%-15% increase, not 50%.

I still don't see why you are complaining either. You got two toons, surely one is a BM by now. Farm BM parts on your main and ship them to your alt. Your issue is about class balance, and your own L2P issues. It has nothing to do with gear or the dreaded "system", but flame on!....:D

Edited by L-RANDLE

The Empire seem to win plenty of matches on Red Eclipse, both at low level and lvl 50 there is no sense that the Reps are dominating the field at all in the zones I regularly end up in. In fact over the last few weekends it has been Imp wins taking the majority. Obviously this is just a time of day thing then for you, you are queuing at times outside of the Imp victories.

I have been queueing PvP mainly evenings 8pm to 11 pm monday - thursday and at that time i have a 24% win over the last 80 games with the last 45 being about 15% wins. A bit better if i play during weekends, but i think even then its at least 30% losses. However, i don't play much during weekends so my stats for weekends are invalid.

What i think is sad is when I end up in a good team that win the match, it's normally not an even game, we easily win. Maybe one game out of 10 is a real close one that is really fun, the others are either major win or major loss.

I have been queueing PvP mainly evenings 8pm to 11 pm monday - thursday and at that time i have a 24% win over the last 80 games with the last 45 being about 15% wins. A bit better if i play during weekends, but i think even then its at least 30% losses. However, i don't play much during weekends so my stats for weekends are invalid.

What i think is sad is when I end up in a good team that win the match, it's normally not an even game, we easily win. Maybe one game out of 10 is a real close one that is really fun, the others are either major win or major loss.

Well, all I can say is that this afternoon the Imp premades are constantly smashing the Reps into a pulp in the solo queues. Pretty much wins all the way for them. So yes, from Friday through to Monday it seems the imps pretty much dominate (weekenders) whereas during the week I would say its much more even. Based on my experience of the last month anyway:)