Solution to the Gamble Bag Issue

InnerPieces

Hello BioWare,

You know, we haven't always gotten along but we have found ways to co-exist with one another over the past year. We've had good times and bad times, but we have always managed to work out our problems in the end. It's much like a marriage where in you want to listen to jazz and I want to listen to the blues so we compromise: we listen to jazz. It's okay because that's what a loving relationship is all about... enjoying your time with the ones you love and getting through the hard times together. Over the past year I've learned to pick and choose my battles for the greater good of our relationship and I'd like to think you always have my best interest at heart.

With all of this in mind, I do have a new concern. As usual, I don't only come with problems... I come with a solution. Please keep that in mind when I broach what is likely to be a very touchy subject between us.

Please understand: I'd be happy to spend real money on the items I want. I will not, however, spend money on a chance to get something I want - especially when we are talking about pretend, virtual items.

That's my problem with the Gamble Bags.

What I suggest would be to keep the Gamble Bags for 350 coins. Then, sell each of the items in store for the normal 300 - 1200 coins each depending on the item and it's newness to the store. That way, I (and other level-headed folks like me) will still be willing to buy a few items I'm interested in and all the rest of the masses can keep buying their Gamble bags. Why would they buy the Gamble bags? Simple... they can still get their uber, cool drop plus other stuff while potentially spending less than buying the items outright.

The problem with how it is on the PTS is you are losing extra money from the folks who think like I do (as rare as we may be) because we won't spend money on a chance. You wouldn't be getting that money at all. If you go with my suggestion, you end up getting the money from the people who love the "grab bag" concept or want to try and get something cheaper or maybe even just be surprised when they open their bag... AND you still get the extra money from folks like me. We can pay for the things we want you end up with more money.

Well, there you have it. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Oh, I'll have dinner ready by 6. Grab some milk on your way home, will ya?

I think that every item you can get from the grab bags should be purchaseable as an individual item, with the more "rare" ones costing quite a bit more. Then the incentive to buy the bags would be to get that rare item for a steal, or you could simply save up your coins and buy the item you want and not worry about the ones you don't.

I agree with this thread 100%.

Let the people who wanna do some lotto-type stuff do it, but for those players who just want to buy a certain item, that should be possible. Because I don't look forward to buying a million packs/gambles just to get the Mask of Nihlius. That's the one item I was really excited about of what I saw (and maybe a dire set of gear?)

So agreed /signed.

P.S. OP, BW/EA is cheating on you with me, that would be why they are always so late to dinner. And we listen to the blues together.

so even though the problem is already solved, you're complaining because it costs too much.

The problem, as stated in my OP, isn't solved at all. This is not a thread for arguing the virtue of overpricing items on the GTN. The fact is, there will still be plenty of people who will not want to purchase Cartel Coins for the sake of purchasing fluff off the Store and will still frequent the GTN to spend the billions of credits they've saved up. My suggestion will not cut into your in-game profits one bit since, continuing to use myself as an example, there is no way I would pay a million credits or more for fluff. So, with the examples I've given, you will never see my credits in the first place as I am not a part of your "market." I do want to be a part of BioWare's market and support the game as a whole, however. Currently, I will not be doing so aside from my $15 a month subscription fee.

Please take the off-topic discussion back to General chat. Thank you.

Edited by InnerPieces