Hit Box issues since 1.4

Zarrot

I may be going crazy but it feels like I am having a much more difficult time executing offhand attacks on my Operative since 1.4. It seems like the range or the hit box has become shorter/smaller. Attacks that I'm fairly certain would have executed pre-1.4 are not hitting. Anyone else in the same boat or am I just losing my touch.

what hit box? there's no collision detection. you're either in range or you're not. . .and then the rolls for offhand, avoidance, mitigation, etc are after that

Even so, there is still a "hit box". For example, the server/client has to know when and if you can use attacks at different ranges as well as attacks that can only be used when certain conditions are met, such as Maul or Backstab (which can only be used if you're behind the target).

Which is what I believe the OP is referring too, if I am not mistaken.

I really cannot say if this is the case though since I haven't played my Operative in quite a while now. I'm not having any problems executing such attacks on my Assassin, at least.

Edited by jizerai

I'm not experiencing anything different.

"Hitbox" in SWTOR is just a calculation of whether or not the ability is in range of the other player. The terminology is much more important in fighting games since each move/ability modifies the player's shape and where they can be hit.

Edited by Antipodes

It's a server decync issue.

A lot of time emenies appear to be closer to you than they really are.

Or sometimes you stun/root someone on top of the frying pan but .5 to 1 second later hes still stunned/rooted but teleported a bit forward and is NOT on the frying pan anymore.

It's especially severe for classes like deception sin and concealment operative.

It's a server decync issue.

A lot of time emenies appear to be closer to you than they really are.

Or sometimes you stun/root someone on top of the frying pan but .5 to 1 second later hes still stunned/rooted but teleported a bit forward and is NOT on the frying pan anymore.

It's especially severe for classes like deception sin and concealment operative.

Yeah, I think this is exactly it. I have seen the teleporting on Tendon Slice, Debilitate, and etc. It seems much worse since 1.4 but that could just be me. It really is severe on my concealment OP when it starts up. Standing there jamming the Hidden Strike button and having nothing happen or kitting backstab or shiv over and over with no effect is really a killer.

Edited by Zarrot

I may be going crazy but it feels like I am having a much more difficult time executing offhand attacks on my Operative since 1.4. It seems like the range or the hit box has become shorter/smaller. Attacks that I'm fairly certain would have executed pre-1.4 are not hitting. Anyone else in the same boat or am I just losing my touch.

You think you have it rough? Try being a merc. You sir have no reason to complain. At least you can go stealth and hide from the overpowered melee dps.

You think you have it rough? Try being a merc. You sir have no reason to complain. At least you can go stealth and hide from the overpowered melee dps.

Only once every 90 seconds and even then half the time you are dotted or they smash and it breaks almost immediately. We all share the pain.