Star Wars: EU Novels (Help needed on what to get next)

TurnsOffPain

Alright, I've been reading SW:EU novels for many years now. I have reached a point where I need assistance in decided what books I have missed and are worth the buck. Below I will compile all of the books I have (*EXCLUDING THE ENCYCLOPEDIA, DnD SW Books, Dictionary, Language, and books of this nature that aren't novels but "Content Viewing" books. I have well over 50 of these in my collection)

Let me first state that I have read all Timothy Zahn (The best SW Writer) and Drew Karpyshyn books.

Here we go:

Lost Tribe of the Sith (The Collected Stories)

All of "The Old Republic" books obviously

Red Harvest

Knight Errant

Darth Bane Trilogy & Duologue

Darth Plagueis

Cloak of Deception

Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter

Outbound Flight

Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader

501st

Death Troopers

Death Star

Shadow Games

ALL of the "Tales" Series: Mos Eisley Cantina, Empire, New Republic, Bounty Hunters, and Jabbas Palace.

Shadows of the Empire

The Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy

Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor

The Courtship of Princess Leia

The Thrawn Trilogy & The Hand of Thrawn Duologue

The Jedi Academy Trilogy

The Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy

The Corellian Trilogy

The Dark Nest Trilogy

Legacy of the Force all nine novels

Crosscurrent

(I may have missed a few, obviously I have the actual SW books as well and also the rare "Chrystal of the minds eye first edition!)

I hear Fate of the Jedi is just awful, I know the NJO is supposed to be amazing and I will get all of them soon, but that is not my question. What *other* books am I missing out on? I'm a "Lore-Keeper" in Star Wars terms in the fact that I have almost every book published as mentioned in the introduction of the technical, explanation of force, encyclopedia/dictionary/language books, and even the beautiful galaxy map book and so forth, but I digress.

Please list your opinion of the books I need to purchased. Please no NJO as I'm already getting it, and no FOTJ either as it seems to be utter crap.

One note, I normally read only novels, but I hear that Dark Horse has some amazing comics (I'm most interested in the series about Darth lord Krayt) though I prefer novels. I did however read my first, the compiled edition of "Crimson Empire" which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Thank you for your time and I'm excited to hear and see if I can finally get some new books that will meet my high standards. -Turns Off Pain

Fate of the Jedi is NOT horrible. It's easily as good as Legacy of the Force, and I say that as a Mandalorian lover (Mandos have almost nothing to do with FOTJ except for as Daala's lackeys, whereas they were central in LOTF).

Yeah i did hate that in fate of the jedi. Go from ******es back to just lackeys at Daala's beck and call. Such and under use of them.

FATE OF THE JEDI !! Anyone who told that series is bad is a ******.

THIS! The Fate series was great. Whoever told you it was bad is a kriffing moron.

Get Yoda: Dark Rendezvous. Good read.

Edited by Kilikaa

Yeah i did hate that in fate of the jedi. Go from ******es back to just lackeys at Daala's beck and call. Such and under use of them.

And the worst was Belok Rhal, the guy who shot a fourteen-year-old girl in cold blood! There's a fine line between killing for a challenge and flat-out murder. Belok Rhal crossed the line. He's more Death Watch than Mandalorian. In fact, his description reminded me a lot of Pre Vizsla from the Clone Wars series. Hmm....I think Boba needs to have a little "chat" with Rhal...

The 'X-wing' series is a fun read. It also helps to read this series before you read anything about the Vong and beyond as it explains a lot of relationships not thoroughly explored in the books about the "A-team" (Luke/Han/Leia) and a behind the scenes look at the formation and life in the New Republic. Also, I Jedi ties in with the X-wing series and the Jedi Academy series.

I actually really liked the Fate of the Jedi series. I liked the way that it had everyone trying adapt to new roles. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of Luke Skywalker, so I'm enjoying watching the next generation take more of a lead. And I'm a big fan of Vestara Khai's internal struggle.

I also would recommend the Young Jedi Knight series. It's written by a couple that has written some of my favorite Star Wars stories, and it connects to alot of stuff in the other books, including the introduction of Tenel Ka and the Emperors Plague. It's also fun because since they are written for teens, they are all quick, easy reads that you can do it a couple hours.

Darth Bane Trilogy & Duologue (Only first any good - and that had Sooo many errors in it)

Darth Plagueis - Good read.

Cloak of Deception - Good Read.

Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter - Awesome book!

Outbound Flight - Good Read.

Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader

501st - Good.

Death Troopers - Sucks

Death Star - Ok

The Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy - Good read

Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor - Ok'ish

The Courtship of Princess Leia - If you wear panties this might be good.

The Thrawn Trilogy & The Hand of Thrawn Duologue - Awesome

The Jedi Academy Trilogy - Nah

The Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy - Meh

The Corellian Trilogy - Nah

The Dark Nest Trilogy - Very good read.

Legacy of the Force all nine novels - Very good read.

Crosscurrent - Yeah it's ok.