Cartel Coins Rewards Program concerns

Nellsterzzz

You only receive Cartel Coins for the original free month on an account, you do not receive them for upgrading an account (extra free 30 days), if you have a Legacy Promotion game time award (the free 30 days they gave everyone who was L50), or any game time given to you by Customer Service as compensation for extended down-time, etc. You will however, get the extras if you upgrade to a higher edition, excluding the 30-days extra game time, so say if you went from Standard to Collector's, you would get 1000 Cartel Coins, etc. instead of the Standard Edition amount (this I found out by asking a CS rep).

In what you quote, where does it say you don't get the coins for buying an upgraded version of the game? It just says the Legacy promotion (free 30 every sub got) and CS added time doesn't count.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As has been suggested by a couple of people there was a free month given to those who achieved lvl 50 or legacy lvl 10 by a certain date. Due to restarting on different servers a couple of times and my altitis I did not reach this in time. If you did receive that free month then I guess you don't get points for it as it isn't a paid month.

Soooo if I am reading this right we are being penalized 150 coins for being lvl 50 or legacy 10 by a certain date, and qualifying for a free month... this is wrong on so many levels

Soooo if I am reading this right we are being penalized 150 coins for being lvl 50 or legacy 10 by a certain date, and qualifying for a free month... this is wrong on so many levels

As Dave Hester would say: YUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

So basically Bioware knew their end game was so lacking that they are giving people more coins for not being there to see the lack of endgame.

well, as I said previously, I'm pretty sure you will get much more than 150 cartel coins for 15 dollar / 13 euro, but it leaves a bad taste about this 'free month' - simply because it means that 'free month' is worth less for those of us who decided to stick with the game

(I know more than enough people who played that free month and have since stopped playing. they got their 'not paid' 15 dollar worth game time, while in hintsight those of us who are still here got a free 'not exactly whole month')

I am wondering if BW is actually aware of this and if maybe this deserves an extra topic.

heh. yeah. I first had the normal game, and then upgraded to the CE. that means I am losing 450 cartel coins by default for the three months I didn't 'pay' for. when in reality I paid 200€ for these (well ok I paid those 200€ for only two months, as one month was a 'gift', but you are right - I am not getting coins for those)

granted the coins you get per month aren't worth 15 dollar / 13 euro anyway, but it still leaves a bad taste in the case of the 'gifted' free month.

Yeah it's an instance of costing them very little (if anything really) for a lot of good-will versus them gouging a bit to little gain (for themselves) for a lot of bad-will.

I didn't even get coins for my initial 30 days unless the DDE 250 supposed to be 150 for the month and 100 for DDE. So basically that's Bioware saying in reality that we only get 100 for the DDE and 150 for the 30 days. They need to say that instead of the "250 for DDE" because that's false advertising.

I didn't even get coins for my initial 30 days unless the DDE 250 supposed to be 150 for the month and 100 for DDE. So basically that's Bioware saying in reality that we only get 100 for the DDE and 150 for the 30 days. They need to say that instead of the "250 for DDE" because that's false advertising.

well the 250 for the DDE are as opposed to the nothing for the first month people with a regular box get.

you don't get anything for the 'free' month included in the purchase of the game, which is why I am 'losing' 150 coins for my CE which I registered a few months later (I think in March or something)

it's a little silly considering that we all DID pay for these months, after all I'm pretty sure almost NOBODY would have paid 50€ for the game had the 30 days free not been included.

and in my case? well, I bought the CE after already loving this game - and now I feel a little cheated. had I NOT spent 150€ extra I would have had just paid the 13€ for the month and now have 150 coins more.

I mean, I guess 150 coins will be something like 5€ but still :mad:

Ya something is not right with mine. I've been subscribed since early access with a collectors edition an I only have 2100 coins. Buy what people posted, I'm missing 2 200 months from announcement till now. People say they have 3 200 coin months, I have only 1. Why the discrepancy?

well the 250 for the DDE are as opposed to the nothing for the first month people with a regular box get.

you don't get anything for the 'free' month included in the purchase of the game, which is why I am 'losing' 150 coins for my CE which I registered a few months later (I think in March or something)

it's a little silly considering that we all DID pay for these months, after all I'm pretty sure almost NOBODY would have paid 50€ for the game had the 30 days free not been included.

and in my case? well, I bought the CE after already loving this game - and now I feel a little cheated. had I NOT spent 150€ extra I would have had just paid the 13€ for the month and now have 150 coins more.

Yeah it's not the monetary value per se, it is more that "free time" is actually not free (now - as it's paid for in catel coins, effectively) and that people have paid for game time (in a box) they are seemingly not being credited for.... both are wrong IMO.

Yeah it's not the monetary value per se, it is more that "free time" is actually not free (now - as it's paid for in catel coins, effectively) and that people have paid for game time (in a box) they are seemingly not being credited for.... both are wrong IMO.

I understand your line of thinking but, don't agree with it. "Technically" the first 30 days could be viewed as "coming with the box/download" and included in the price. :cool:

They need to fix the FAQ then.

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6478

Notice the part that says "

Please note that you also receive Cartel Coins for the 30 Free Days included with your purchase of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™."

I understand your line of thinking but, don't agree with it. "Technically" the first 30 days could be viewed as "coming with the box/download" and included in the price. :cool:

"Technically" you can do a lot of thing, but that doesn't technically make them right either. :)

If they are not counting the L50 free time though, then I don't understand that at all, that should count however you look at it, technically or otherwise.

So I was thinking back on why we got the free month back in april. I was thinking we were having issues with late content and bugs not getting fixed. I tried to find the devs comments but all I found was an old email and this is what it said

You are one of our most active and valued high level players and we know you have been waiting patiently for Game Update 1.2: Legacy. To show our appreciation, check out all the great new features this update has to offer-on us. We will be adding an additional 30 days of game time to your account at no charge*. The free 30 days will appear on your account by April 24, 11:59PM CDT, April 25, 4:59AM GMT.

As an added bonus, we will be awarding all active subscribers an in-game Legacy reward, the Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet**, as our way of saying thanks for your support. The Tauntaun Ram Pet will be delivered to you via in-game mail by April 24, 2012, 11:59PM CDT/ April 25, 2012, 4:59AM GMT.

I call BS there is no way you are showing appreciation to us as players by now not awarding us CC for time you gifted us to appease the masses.

They need to fix the FAQ then.

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6478

Notice the part that says "

Please note that you also receive Cartel Coins for the 30 Free Days included with your purchase of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™."

either mine our your browser needs a hard refresh, because when I click that link it says

"New players joining us once the Free-to-Play option has launched will also receive Cartel Coins for the 30 Free Days included with their purchase of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ if they have purchased a box copy or digital download of the game. "

According to my account page, I'm getting 1850 coins. I bought the box the first week of March. My first billing cycle started in April after the "free" 30 days were up. I qualified for the "free" Legacy month due to me hitting 50 on my first toon before the deadline. I added the CE in August when I found it cheap.

So, that's 1000 (CE) + 150(Apr) +150(June) +150(July) + 200(Sept) +200(Oct) = 1850

I got nothing for the 2 months that came with the 2 codes that came in the boxes or for actually playing the game I paid for and maxxing a toon to run ops with my guild. It seems to have cost me 500 coins (Mar, May and Aug). Yay.

So I was thinking back on why we got the free month back in april. I was thinking we were having issues with late content and bugs not getting fixed. I tried to find the devs comments but all I found was an old email and this is what it said

I call BS there is no way you are showing appreciation to us as players by now not awarding us CC for time you gifted us to appease the masses.

Yeah that's the thing a gift that is not free (anymore) doesn't show much appreciation does it, in fact is shows rather the opposite. :(

Yeah that's the thing a gift that is not free (anymore) doesn't show much appreciation does it, in fact is shows rather the opposite. :(

Well my don't you contact EA and ask them to take $15 out of your account then they can give you the 150 cartel coins.

It's simple people, you get cartel coins for paying a monthly subscription. I have 1300 for the standard edition which is correct, why because I haven't paid for October yet and got a free month, when I pay my October sub it will go to 1500.

Well my don't you contact EA and ask them to take $15 out of your account then they can give you the 150 cartel coins.

It's simple people, you get cartel coins for paying a monthly subscription. I have 1300 for the standard edition which is correct, why because I haven't paid for October yet and got a free month, when I pay my October sub it will go to 1500.

You shouldn't need to.

You should get coins for the "free" month they "gave" you (not the month you now apparently paid for in Cartel Coins).

And again time within boxed codes, again this is time you paid for in the box, it is not "free" time.

Both of these things would be a negligible cost to EA, but would produce a lot of good will.

Where as the way it seems to be work sets up a precedent of Bioware EA gouging already on thier Cashshop model, which does NOT bode well for the furture of the game. :(

You shouldn't need to.

You should get coins for the "free" month they "gave" you (not the month you now apparently paid for in Cartel Coins).

And again time within boxed codes, again this is time you paid for in the box, it is not "free" time.

Both of these things would be a negligible cost to EA, but would produce a lot of good will.

Where as the way it seems to be work sets up a precedent of Bioware EA gouging already on thier Cashshop model, which does NOT bode well for the furture of the game. :(

I used to travel to America a lot, every 6 return flights I made enough air miles for a free flight, however I didn't receive air miles for the free flight, why, because I didn't buy it.

Your argument makes no sense to me sorry.

I used to travel to America a lot, every 6 return flights I made enough air miles for a free flight, however I didn't receive air miles for the free flight, why, because I didn't buy it.

Your argument makes no sense to me sorry.

Your example makes no sense.

The "free" month was supposed to be in appreciation of people staying and playing the game dispite them being unable to deliver what they'd promised to deliver.

It was NOT an "earned perk", it was a gift, a "sorry" and "thank you", it was also MANDATORY (you couldn't say "no I don't want this, I'd rather pay").

But now it seems it was actually neither, it was paid for with Cartel Coins.

Edited by Goretzu

Your example makes no sense.

The "free" month was supposed to be in appreciation of people staying and playing the game dispite them being unable to deliver what they'd promised to deliver.

It was NOT an "earned perk", it was a gift, a "sorry" and "thank you", it was also MANDATORY (you couldn't say "no I don't want this, I'd rather pay").

But now it seems it was actually neither, it was paid for with Cartel Coins.

My free flight was in appreciation of me using the same airline, spending my money with them (yes spending money).

FYI the free month was an earned perk, some people didn't get it.

My sister bought me a book for christmas and received cashback on her card, hey I'm suddenly paying her for the book, err no.

Hey you want another freebie, maybe EA will cave and give you it but then again maybe they won't. It's their decision.

My free flight was in appreciation of me using the same airline, spending my money with them (yes spending money).

Yup and the free month was an apology for not delivering what they said they would and a thank you for staying dispite this which isn't the same thing at all. :)

FYI the free month was an earned perk, some people didn't get it.

No it was an appology and a thank you for stay dispite us not delievering what we promised to deliver, completely different. :)

My sister bought me a book for christmas and received cashback on her card, hey I'm suddenly paying her for the book, err no.

If your sister bought you a book for Xmas and then charged you for it 6 months later then it would be the same thing. :)

Hey you want another freebie, maybe EA will cave and give you it but then again maybe they won't. It's their decision.

It is NOT free - we are now paying for it in Cartel Coin.

When you pay for something it is NOT "free" - although I guess it is people that fail to understand that which makes the "Free" to Play system work. :D

you can make it even MORE simple:

the people who are no longer playing still got that free month.

we however get 'less than a month' for free now.

and .that. is the part I think isn't 'fair', especially as the free month was a 'thanks for sticking around' gift to begin with.

the people who got the month 100% free ARE NO LONGER STICKING AROUND

and those of us who .are. sticking around do not get the 150 cartel coins.

let's look at it like this:

after the f2p switch a month is 'worth' 250 cartel coins. (I think, anyway, but the number doesn't matter)

that means the april free month is really just a free week and a half. but the people who aren't keeping their sub right now got a WHOLE MONTH for free. the people who are no longer loyal to this game got more out of this gift than those of us who are still here.

Edited by amnie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.