Honest Question, what legacy perks have you bought?

Jedi_Tyran

My opinion is that most (+90%) of the legacy perks are useless credit sinks. The only perks I have bought were on my alts to get the speeder earlier. Many of my guildmates have bought the rocket boots, mailbox, and repair droids. I rarely see anything else.

What legacy perks have you bought and why? I wish I could see some metrics as to what legacy perks are most popular but I doubt Bioware will ever release that data.

This is an important question because I believe the Legacy UI is perfectly suited for selling cash shop items. They could use it for that or make a new UI similar to it for that purpose. It also gives Bioware a glimpse as to what "perks" players are willing to pay for. I believe Bioware will track what cash shop items sell best and use that data to funnel dev resources toward similar items in the hopes that players will buy them.

If you want to know where I'm coming from, you can view this thread but it's not essential:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=543908

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Level 1 speeder at level 10.

That's it.

I don't see any reason to pay per character for a skill that becomes obsolete by the time you hit level 50. All the experience bonuses for example, are useless to me, I level too fast as it is, and have to actively limit myself in the leveling so that I can hit 50 with 3500 ranked warzone and 2000 regular warzone commissions.

I don't see any reason to buy level 2 or 3 speeders *at all* - they're just too slow - but if I were going to, I'd save myself some cash and buy speeder 3 at level 40.

There are some I'd buy at current prices if they were legacy wide - but since they're not they're not worth buying, even in a cash glutted economy - too many things I'd rather throw money at otherwise.

Overall, the legacy character perks have been for me about 95% fail, which is too bad.

i bought priority transport to courscant for my trooper, and once i start up another after i finish my trooper i will probably buy the level 10 speeder and maybe the higher level speeders since my trooper i'll use him to farm for credits. So i might buy some mod legacy armor.

Other than that...meh.

I havent bought anything from legacy... maybe a couple in 3 alta..

1st) xp experience when completing class quests.

2nd) mount at 10 level

3rd) repair bot

and thats it.

I would love to buy gtn and main inside my ship... but they sell it for 1.5 - 2 million... I would never give such credits for this... With the token and epic vendors.. Crafting is not that good.. Only mods and armorings.. But from 1.5 even that is nerfed to casuals... so its hard to get credits also.

You have to repeat as a compolsive the dailes to get 110k creds from each area.. Thing that I am not doing as a compolsive.. its boring.. Bioware is listening to the troll raiders and casuals.. ONLY.. The game stops being THAT interesting. Its good to turn into f2p, because I would quit also in a point.. F2p will allow me to maintain my charas and enjoy the expansions in the near feature.. (not the vendors with credit cards and tokens) lol

So there is no point after all.

Edited by Oyranos

It's pretty useless. Bought speeder piloting - to allow 'some' of us players to enjoy the game as we all should be. As said in my Definitive Issues thread, we get a superb starship at level 16, but we have to wait to level 25 to get a beater speeder, and our soundtrack for the first 25 levels is basically the "schlop schlop" sounds of our footsteps? Makes no sense. So, if you have alts and boost up the Legacy, you get a solution to the problem, just not on your first time playing, you suffer.

Also the quick travels to home planet and station. Some experience perks, but they're pretty useless. Instead of 15 pts Companion affection, I get 17. Whoop-dee-doo, for all the few times they react during the leveling process - which is the only early pre-endgame phase you actually get some affection.

Edited by BlueDestiny

I bought most of the globals... Astromech, Target Dummies, Mailbox. I passed on GTN, Rocket boots. etc.....

Personal Perks:

For a new toon, I get WZ, Exploration, and Class story XP boosts to level 5......

Teleports to Capital World, and to Fleet.

Lvl 10 Speeder

30 sec Trash Sale

On my level 50's:

Field Mail

Field Repair

Black Hole Teleport

Heavy alt player here.

1) first speeder license @ 10 on all toons that have hit lvl 10.

2) on toons that im getting past home planet ill usually get the port back there. having it can be handy (though on my 50's ill often use the CD for BH port)

3) as mentioned above, on 50's BH port (not on all, still too pricey).

Biggest barrier? cost. They just don't get it. not everyone enjoys having (and I emphasise having) to log in to do the same daily quests for weeks on end to unlock these things. it's like I almost dread 50 on my toons now...because I know what I'll have to do once I get to 50 to get geared up. and this doesn't even cover the legacies.

rocket boost sounds interesting, but I'll probably never invest in it. the leveling perks are a waste of time....id get them if they were 1/10 the cost, but at that cost it's just not worth it.

Hmm... lets see here....

-level 10 speeder on 4 toons and it is now a requirement for me to run Taris (pub side)

-XP quest bonus on several toons.

-XP flahspoint bonus on a couple of toons.

-Mailbox

-Target Dummys: 2 of them.

-Field Repair Droid. (love that thing.)

Thats about it. Thinking about the jet pack... And will probably pick up field Mail. It would be nice to read a little a mail while waiting for respawns etc.

Edited by Rafaman

Ive never purchased any of the "perks". Leveling is already too fast and easy I dont need a xp boost. I am fine with using a speeder at 25 I dont need one at lvl 10. Heck most of the time I dont use the speeder anyways. If more unlocks were global I might consider it. To me I have better things (like gear) to spend my credits on.

Ship mailbox and a species unlock, so far. I might get the GTN for my ship at some point, maybe. I've thought about getting some of the social unlocks but I very rarely use emotes or anything like that as it is. I don't feel the need to get a speeder early, so I don't buy that. I don't need extra xp as I level quickly already. I don't want rocket boots, I don't need a field mailbox, I don't want/need many of the items you can get via Legacy but that's the great thing, they offer a variety of unlocks so people can choose what suits them.

I bought the reduced time that the companions take to sell junk.

And for one or two of my characters I bought the quick travel to the Black hole, but now I regret it but because I've just been able to get the money back by going there a few time, but I didn't make profits because it was a too rare occurence.

Mark me down in the "leveling is already too fast" column in terms of not buying XP perks. I did pick up the first class XP on my agent early on because I kept stealthing past everything and was losing out on a lot of points that way, but in the end I regretted it.

By the time I pick up my third companion I always have all three ranks of improved approval from dialog and usually at least one for gifts. I cannot express how much I prefer to experience the companion quests at an appropriate and organic time in the story rather than all in one big dump at the endgame after burning sixty bizillion credits on gold necklaces and holo trophies.

Speeder piloting at 10 I actually only give to about 1 in 3 of my alts. It's just not worth the money when you can just log off and play a different alt until your quick travel cools down if you're that desperate to skip the terrain. I mean once you get to Taris you start feeling the lack in a huge way, sure, but by that point you're three levels from getting it legit anyway, so... still not worth the money.

Everyone eventually does get Capital and Black Hole quick travel. I haven't bothered with the global cooldown shorteners, though. Again, not worth the money when you can just swap to an alt and run some crew missions, or tab out and read the forums for the five minutes you'd be saving with the perk.

Global-wise, I'm the RP nerd who buys racial unlocks so I can play a chiss shadow or get the right cyborg implants for my agent. And the ship vendor is a money-maker. Beyond those, though, I don't really see the point (not being a PvPer, I would spend on the boxing stuff in lieu of the Valor ranks, but you can't actually use them in real PvE, so....).

For my 50s:

Junk Selling

Repair Bots

Black Hole Transport

Mailbox

maybe something I'm forgetting... thinking about getting field respec for my sorcerer too, since I switch specs a fair bit.

For my lowbie:

Speeder! Woo!

Everything I've bought has certainly been worth credits.

The only one I could afford at this point is unlocking a speeder for one alt. The prices are sky high, and I can barely pay for things like extra space and my regular level speeder as it is.

So that's it. I don't see me opening up much more until I hit 50 and can start earning real creds.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.