Server crash?

SneiK

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok folks. I just talked to an imaginary Developer in my head that I made up on the spot to see what his take on this situation is and this is what he said.

We realize we have some really strong servers in the Asia-Pacific grouping and wanted to stress test them so we formulated a way to get all the other servers to log into those three servers by making a claim that we are going to deploy a patch that won't require the servers to go down, and then we unplugged all but those three servers.

The stress test is working, over 100 people on Ord Mantell and more logging in every minute. The same with Tython, and on the Empire side we have had to start up multiple instances of the starting worlds. The servers are groaning but holding. Our evil plan to reduce overhead is working!

You realize its not possible for us to log on some AP server, unless we fly all the way to?? Himalaya?? Got no clue where those ridiculous servers even are. Im gonna call Raj Koothrappali, he certainly knows...

It was report with great sadness that Neil " the hampster" Armstrong that runs the servers passed awile while he tried to use dopping to insure his continued strength. I think we need a moment of silence for our beloved hampster that spent many months running around on the wheel so that you could enjoy the game.

It is"Lance" Armstrong who is accused of "doping. "Neil" Armstrong was the first person to walk on the Moon ... and he recently passed away ... Not funny or amusing ...

I would pay for a lifetime sub if they would come out officially and say the following...

Never gonna happen. They'll blame who evers in charge currently then that person will announce they're leaving then we'll get a whole new team of people that have no idea wth is going on, remember?

Have to say the sheer comedy this game continues to create is utterly awesome... and to add to that all the posts whinning about downtime... planned or unplanned is just icing on the top of the cake - YES CAKE IS A LIE!

Poor form again BW, annoying the diehards that are left even further, but funnier still all those who appear to lack any kind of life outside of a game when its not working for a while... priceless.

Only advice I can offer.. do what those at headquarters are doing.. take a smoke, chill in the sun for an hour, call your sweathearts at work.. or your moms.. then take a gentle stroll round the block and come back, log in and prepare to be dissapointed some more when that "servers are offline.. go read our twitter twatter for more info" lights up your screens again :)

Says the guy who is posting the forums during downtime instead of taking a smoke, or chilling in the sun for an hour, or calling his sweetheart at work.. or his mom.. then taking a gentle stroll round the block. :rolleyes:

UPDATE 11:10AM CDT: We still have no ETA for when the servers will be available again. We will update this thread again within an hour.

Original message:

We are currently investigating issues that have caused a number of servers in the NA and EU regions to become unavailable.

We have no ETA for when the servers will be available again at this time, but we will update this thread with new information as it becomes available.

To check the status of your server, visit the Server Status page.

Thank you for your patience. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Says the guy who is posting the forums during downtime instead of taking a smoke, or chilling in the sun for an hour, or calling his sweetheart at work.. or his mom.. then taking a gentle stroll round the block. :rolleyes:

LOL, sweatheart......Sounds like a bigin'

UPDATE 11:10AM CDT: We still have no ETA for when the servers will be available again. We will update this thread again within an hour.

Original message:

We are currently investigating issues that have caused a number of servers in the NA and EU regions to become unavailable.

We have no ETA for when the servers will be available again at this time, but we will update this thread with new information as it becomes available.

All kidding aside, I think it's good they spoke up right away, got a message and page up and the like. I'm sure they are embarassed by this...these things happen.

To check the status of your server, visit the Server Status page.

Thank you for your patience. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Just calling to let you know I have nothing to talk about. Ill call back in ten minutes......:p

Edited by LordArtemis

The hampster is taking a break.

He told me. He also said cake beats pie. True story.

Dont sugar coat it.

Everyone knows hamsters dont take breaks....so.. is....is he dead? Is the hamster dead?

OMG! THE HAMSTER IS DEAD! I KNEW IT!

Was just going to log-on and saw the notice on the SWTOR Launcher. So I clicked the link to the Server Status to see the status of Shadowlands. It said it was up so I clicked play and apparently it is also down. So I went back to the Server Status page and sure enough it is now down. Talking about just missing it. It went down in the time it took to load that page. :D Edited by WarbNull