VOTE for your top requested TOR feature on mmorpg.com

Lord_Ravenhurst

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly the most widely requested items since the launch of this website have been

Paazak / swoop racing

DAoC style RVR/PVP

Other common but lesser requested items have been (only mentioning reasonable ones, some like perm death just to silly to consider seriously)

Barber shop (pretty much covers whole customization aspect)

Iconic Star Wars Alien races (not Cathar)

Dismiss/kill companions

Dual specs

housing/ship customization

Larger/longer level curve

Wookie Home World

More class story lines

and more

But since the day this opened to this week, Paazzak and swoop bike racing has to be a clear #1 with open world PVP (DAoC style mostly when explained what posters mean) runs a close 2nd.

I have to say, the more War Zone PUGs I get stuck in when "team mates" have no interest at all in going for objectives and only want to kill others. The more convinced this game needs the active open world RVR installed for those players with no interest in doing war zone objectives.

Its punishing those who want to do objectives a it effectively leaves them short manned in the battle.

Your never going to convince those players to care about their team mates and wz objectives so just give them the area that will be active and have reason (Outlaws Den and Ilum dont currently work as they have no meaning or reason to them) so they can just pk each other over and over outside of the objective format of warzones.

Honestly the most widely requested items since the launch of this website have been

Paazak / swoop racing

DAoC style RVR/PVP.

I have no clue what forums you read man. Been on this site since a year before it launched...those are certainly requested, but the the most common. But i believe there's a small group of people who regularly request it. if your one of them, I can see why you think its the most common...but just because a small group repeats the request 10 dozen items doesn't mean its the most "common". it just means that the niche group is the most "vocal" about their wants.

though pazaak and swoop racing I do see, but those simply fall under the idea of "mini-games" more then anything else. they are just your flavor of the mini-game you like.

generally, I see the expanded planet and space combat as the most common wants game-wide. they're not my two tops (although planet expansion is high for me), but they are usually the biggest by number of people requesting them.

i also think that though that site has good content (i read it too), it's not specific to SWtOR, so any poll there should be taken as extremely biased against the game....people who don't want to play it browse there allot more often then people who do. the best place for a poll like that should be here. on that note, why not create one?

EDIT: also just did the poll. I think that the first one is most popular because it's too generic. I'd love space exploration and mini-games based on that exploration (daily quests added into that mix that require space exploration as an example)....but don't really care for PvP/RvR stuff. but it's all in one option :p should be broken up more.

Edited by Elyx

yawn, perhaps because it´s a minor convenience feature not worth mentioning? Does it make the game more "fun" ? Do you think a million players would play TOR again because of "hey, TOR just got dualspec! I need to resub right NOW!"

?? :D

Alright...a more substantive change? How about revamping the combat system to be Tera-style? I think the Tera combat system would work amazingly well in SWTOR and make even grinding dailies that much more fun.

Though if dual-spec is such a small thing why don't we have it yet? Its one of those simply quality of life issues that Bioware is just ignoring for some reason and putting more Legacy money-sinks in the game instead.

Edited by Phyltr

Probably good idea that people who actually play game would vote for favorite feature. Majority of posts on that thread though call for shutting down the game as the best improvement. I would avoid MMORPG, as it's the worst MMO community you can imagine, especially these folks there who post in SWTOR. Disgusting.

Edit. The other option is to take over SWTOR forum on MMORPG :D:D:D

This ^^ , I read MMORPG.com very often but nearly every person in every bloody thread puts swtor down and refers to swtor as how not to make an mmo. Most of them probably haven't even played the game , so yeah I won't join it , ever. I'll read it and lurk like I have PSO-WORLD.com for the past 12 years. Good luck though with the vote etc. Mind you the MMO community on PC is a very hard to please crowd that's for sure , Iv'e learn't that over these last 10 months playing swtor and reading that and this forum :).

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Alright...a more substantive change? How about revamping the combat system to be Tera-style? I think the Tera combat system would work amazingly well in SWTOR and make even grinding dailies that much more fun.

I think you have a great point. I'm not a big fan of the strict approach to player interaction Tera has (it feels weird to me how they set up movement vs, actions and keyboard use), but moving in the direction of more involved combat would make it multiple times more enjoyable for me too.

And example of a combat system that I liked was Aion. attack chains leading up to powerful finishers, positioning and reach very detailed and critical, real time targeting...it was more engaging and enjoyable for me then the 10 year old system Bio mashed together for this game.

also included in that would be more effective client-server relationships as it pertains to character and mob positioning. I'm getting tired of attacks not executing because the said mob was 20 ft away when he looked like he was right next to me....or me aggroing a mob even though he's far enough away from me that my range skills show he's out of range...In Aion if someone was close enough to hit them....you hit them. if they were one meter outside of your range, you couldn't..and you could see that distance clearly. half the time in ToR I guestimate my range based on which skills are greyed out...

Edited by Elyx

yawn, perhaps because it´s a minor convenience feature not worth mentioning? Does it make the game more "fun" ? Do you think a million players would play TOR again because of "hey, TOR just got dualspec! I need to resub right NOW!"

?? :D

The freedom of PVP space combat might. Even if it is limited to a few Warzone type fights off the rail system. But again people compare this to WoW. Dual spec is just another feature that having would help but not make or break anything.

Space roaming would be pretty cool. They could even start small with guilds getting capital ships and having a small sector around each planet were guilds could attack and board other vessels and take them over. But again they could start small with just a bit of free roaming for guild battles boardings, I would be in heaven. They always could expand when they got some solid metrics back.

Would love to see guilds get more tools and maybe a leveling achievement system with perks.

Give us a way to create our own content. Something to do besides raiding, dailies, HM FPs, or pvp. I'm not asking for a virtual world like SWG, but it'd be nice if there were more tools in place to allow just hanging out with friends (or even complete strangers) to be more fun and interesting.

I left SWTOR because they just don't care what players want.

NO ONE from EA or Bioware came and said "We are thinking about the free space".

They just pretend that they know nothing

These are the things that i want in this game:

-

- And be able to command small or capital ships with my friends in it.

• 2 weeks later...
But you know what would really help? A demonstration that Bioware/EA actually cares. The improved communication has fallen has fallen by the wayside, the PTS is still nothing but a glorified preview event and blogs and posts that do make it us seem forced and sterilized.

This!!!

If Bioware doesn't care, why should their customers?

It is interesting to me that end game received almost nothing in votes, yet improving space combat dominated the poll.

Not unlike any poll that was taken in Beta. They have been told time and time and time again that not only was the setup a bad idea, it was likely to CAUSE sub loss, not retain or increase it, even if by a small contributory fashion.

Simply put, this game does not need frustrating, unfinished badly designed features. It already has enough trouble keeping subs. It's time to finally finish getting the game out of beta and into launch state.

I saw it listed under "Other" as for more companions/hood toggle/misc other things including "SGR".

Well I´m for space combat, I don´t care about all that minor stuff

Exactly what I said. SSR isn't there because SGR is there.

I'm mostly looking for more story content, although wouldn't mind some extra minigames/customization. Like a gambling den to relax at and play while chatting with friends on Skype. SGR still remains as my biggest must have though.

• 2 weeks later...
It still puzzles me why some people can even develop the idea that what this game needs most is homosexuality. Yeah, sure, nothing against gays, but if that's your most dire concern and wanted feature with this game, then wow..

Because for some people, like me, the story is the most important feature. Companions make up a significant part of the story, and the romances with them adds a lot of connection and depth to it. It sucks that right now with my female Trooper my only option is Jorgan, I'd much rather romance Elara.

Because for some people, like me, the story is the most important feature. Companions make up a significant part of the story, and the romances with them adds a lot of connection and depth to it. It sucks that right now with my female Trooper my only option is Jorgan, I'd much rather romance Elara.

So you're saying, out of the entire story element of the game, you're hung up on not being able to scissor with Elara in the back of the Thunderclap? I can understand it being something you'd like in the game, but seriously, for it the be the thing you wish for most? Puzzling indeed..

So you're saying, out of the entire story element of the game, you're hung up on not being able to scissor with Elara in the back of the Thunderclap? I can understand it being something you'd like in the game, but seriously, for it the be the thing you wish for most? Puzzling indeed..

Romances are a very major part of companion interaction. It allows you to really get to know those companions and their stories, and come on, it's fade to black this is a T-rated game. Nobody here wants more than that, and it's not needed. It's the dialogue and the emotional connection that has the depth.

I'd also like to see just more companion content and story in general, but first they need to add the SGRs. For one it's not fair to the LGBT players, and for another point it's the biggest lacking part of companion stories. I would also like them to add companion interaction, where the companions would chat with eachother, like in DA:O or in Mass Effect.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.