fix the CC in this game

Zeaza

If i go up against 2 enemies alone, I atleast want a *********** fight, i dont want to be cc'ed until i die.

yes i should loose a 1v2 fight , but not by being cc'ed the whole fight, stop this cc madness that makes the servers population decline.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i go up against 2 enemies alone, I atleast want a *********** fight, i dont want to be cc'ed until i die.

yes i should loose a 1v2 fight , but not by being cc'ed the whole fight, stop this cc madness that makes the servers population decline.

/signed

Zeaz,

As someone who wants to help his team in huttball and carry the ball I cannot comprehend why they changed the resolve system. Until the resolve is full you are at a disadvantage.Sure, it works better when its full but by the time is full you are dead. You are stunned and wait for the resolve bar to fill up but it does not, your hp is going down massively 6k smashes everywhere, yet you are still in the stun. You pop breaker so you can pop a cd to survive, bang another stun and you are dead.

You can successfully 2v1 if you're good Obviously your lacking in that dept

let me fix that for you:

you can successfully 2v1 if you are good (they are not) and you are one of the strong classes with good gear, and they are not.

Against 2 good players of good classes, with good gear, with any form of communication, you will ride the stun train to the respawn.

I agree with you OP, pre 1.4 the stuns were fine and the resolve was working as intended, post 1.4 when you are stunned by the time it actually fills up you are dead. I highly doubt the Dev that though of this idea pvps because this is certainly not working out.

I agree with you OP, pre 1.4 the stuns were fine and the resolve was working as intended, post 1.4 when you are stunned by the time it actually fills up you are dead. I highly doubt the Dev that though of this idea pvps because this is certainly not working out.

I don't think it was fine prior to 1.4x but it was certainly better than it is now. The resolve system needs to be either fixed or replaced with a system that works properly. I think stuns/CC are a valuable part of any game but how they are handled in PVP is tricky business and here in TOR they are VERY broken.

I don't think it was fine prior to 1.4x but it was certainly better than it is now. The resolve system needs to be either fixed or replaced with a system that works properly. I think stuns/CC are a valuable part of any game but how they are handled in PVP is tricky business and here in TOR they are VERY broken.

Increase the CDs on all CCs across the board would be a start.

Increase the CDs on all CCs across the board would be a start.

the cd thing just punishes ppl for not being stupid. attack this be reducing the number of cc that fills resolve. otherwise, you will still end up with serial cc, just less frequently. and many classes that require cc for escape/dfense would be needlessly punished by messing with the cd

ooooor.. just make all the stuns, slows, roots, and other cc's count evenly against the resolve bar; and give them all the same 2 minutes CD that the cc-break has. that way you have to be just as strategic with cc as you do with your cc-break. seems only fair

The CC' in this game is ruining pvp. There are a number of options that can and will fix the Stun overload that is now pvp, but the first this is to listen to the customers. I've seen lots of threads on this, and even posted a few, but I still have not gotten or seen a reply from anyone at Bioware that would lead me to believe the really give a crap about what we want. Do we have to quit and un-sub before someone will come on here and at least acknowledge the many people who are upset by this. I usually play in pre-mades, and yes, we use the heck out of this exploit, and the worst is the one given to the Sage/Sorc where they can essentially cast an stun/force bubble on their entire team, which means...ENDLESS stuns, and they don't seem to do squat to a resolve bar. Why not just give every class 8 AoE stuns? Its not a problem if you are rollin with 2 or 3 sages/sorcs, but if you are rolling with the other 6 classes, you are just another training dummy for people to beat on.

Please address this soon, and fix it. It wasn't a problem before the patch because the multiple force bubble exploding on already stun'd players would fill resolve bars and then be useless, but now it is just one after another. I had a round where I recieved over 35 stuns. Really, 35? Is that what pvp is? The build to use that is just about useless in pve, and pretty much a pvp exploit. I'm not saying nerf sages/sorcs, but this is worse than playing against cool-down hacks, and really needs to be fixed.

What's even more frustrating is that the cc breaker is on a 2 min (1.5 min talented) cd. And most classes have 2-4 ccs/mezs on sub-1-min cds.

Also, like good players, we try to eat the first cc and break when the second cc is applied. However in OPs 1v2 scenario, by the time you are ready to pop your cc break, your health is at 20-25%, making it POINTLESS to pop the cc break (unless it is crucial for an objective). That's because you will break it, and die soon anyway since your health is so low. Better to save my long cooldown break for a future crucial point (objectives), and just die and respawn right now.

Edited by CBRGhostRider

You can successfully 2v1 if you're good Obviously your lacking in that dept

Some can, some can't. It's as much to do with the class as the player. My Shadow can sometimes win a 2 on 1, and is mostly still in Augmented BM. We had a WH geared Focus Guardian (PRE 1.4) who could regularly win 2v1s. My commando is lucky to get any kind of respectable damage in in a 1v1. In a 2v1 I might as well /stuck and get back into the game quicker.

2 things that are just crazy imo.

1. Roots should have resolve consequences. Certain ones (sniper) should be useable on a resolve capped player, however if the player is not resolve capped then it should add a large chunk of resolve. Snipers need roots and I want them to stay just as effective, however it would be simple to cause roots to always work yet still grant resolve. This would lower the QQ a lot. What often happens is someone is stunned, rooted, and then stunned again. This should not be allowed.

2. Have trinket cause a several second immunity (except for in huttball).

2 things that are just crazy imo.

1. Roots should have resolve consequences. Certain ones (sniper) should be useable on a resolve capped player, however if the player is not resolve capped then it should add a large chunk of resolve. Snipers need roots and I want them to stay just as effective, however it would be simple to cause roots to always work yet still grant resolve. This would lower the QQ a lot. What often happens is someone is stunned, rooted, and then stunned again. This should not be allowed.

2. Have trinket cause a several second immunity (except for in huttball).

Roots and Snares are too important to the kiting/antikiting game. This is one dev stance I absolutely agree with and its one of the few areas where there is a real benefit to being ranged over melee. If anything I'd say add a root to commando and sage (the current commando one doesn't count).

I like the change to trinket and I also think the CD should be lowered by a good minute.

No man 2x force choke and then a 3rd mezz while they set up the next smash aint no chance i can throw a punch

Systematically impossible.

Yet another example of the ignorant, making bogus claims to exaggerate the effects of CC in game, and hurl it as a scapegoat to hide their own shortcomings as a player.

Some can, some can't. It's as much to do with the class as the player. My Shadow can sometimes win a 2 on 1, and is mostly still in Augmented BM. We had a WH geared Focus Guardian (PRE 1.4) who could regularly win 2v1s. My commando is lucky to get any kind of respectable damage in in a 1v1. In a 2v1 I might as well /stuck and get back into the game quicker.

Yep some classes have better control then others

My problem in my post has nothing to do with skill

I have my cc breaker but its pointless to use against 2 chars with several cc.s

Systematically impossible.

Yet another example of the ignorant, making bogus claims to exaggerate the effects of CC in game, and hurl it as a scapegoat to hide their own shortcomings as a player.

What is impossible? I am getting double choked then stun grenaded all the time

You are free to watch my stream anyday

http://Www.twitch.tv/zeazas

I am not as bad as you think. And i have a 150 wins and 40 losses in rwz

Edited by Zeaza

Archangel pls read my first point. The roots would still be usable on a resolve capped player. My idea is that on a non-resolve capped player the root adds a chunk of resolve.

As an example lets say you try to test this out in a wz with a friend. He is at 80% resolve and you root him. He is now rooted and he is resolve capped. he chases you for a bit and while he is still resolve capped your root comes off cd and you root him again. It works! He is still rooted. You were not affected very much.

As it is now the player can be rooted and rooted and rooted and stunned and stunned and stunned before becoming capped. Annoying!

Archangel pls read my first point. The roots would still be usable on a resolve capped player. My idea is that on a non-resolve capped player the root adds a chunk of resolve.

As an example lets say you try to test this out in a wz with a friend. He is at 80% resolve and you root him. He is now rooted and he is resolve capped. he chases you for a bit and while he is still resolve capped your root comes off cd and you root him again. It works! He is still rooted. You were not affected very much.

As it is now the player can be rooted and rooted and rooted and stunned and stunned and stunned before becoming capped. Annoying!

I hate the stun fest as much as anyone and a quick look at my post history will confirm that. However, I don't believe that adding resolve for roots and slows is a good idea. There are so many of them that all we end up with is far more white bars than we have now and that would remove a lot of the strategic use of CC's.

I like the idea of lowering the cooldown on our CC breaker to 1 minute, I also think that our CC breaker cooldown should reset on death in a Warzone. I like the idea of adding a trinket/relic/set bonus that also gives an additional CC breaker on a slightly longer cooldown that does not reset on death.

I believe the above would go a long way in helping stop the stun fests we have today. Of course this is just my humble opinion.

All i know is people talk now all the time ingame about this stunhell and alot of players will leave soon , just like after

1.2 that killed swtor pvp, now we know the developers dont care about losing subs so what more is there to say.

Anyways i think i will unsub soon aswell, go back to rl.bioware knows nothing about keeping players happy.

PvP in swtor is nothing but pure garbage, a gibbfest for the remaining 15% of the playerbase that have not left the game.Ranked is dead many weaks ago, tons of bugs and a gear grind from hell with expertise as the ultimate fail.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.