whats the best pvp dps class right now

willhmack

hey i am fairly new to the game and i want to make a dps maniac for pvp... any suggestions

i was thinking about operative because they look sick in pvp and they look like they to fairly well

if you Think you would like and enjoy playing a operative i Think that would be the best class for you. skip all the fotm crap and play what you would like to play that is most important.

I think it depends on what kind of character you want to make. Melee classes like rage warriors do good burst area damage but stealth classes like deception assassins and operatives do bursty single-target backstab damage. Snipers probably have the best single-target ranged where mercs do good area ranged. it really depends on your build and gear and how well you play. I often top the damage chart on my juggernaut, marauder, gunslinger and assassin in sub-50 wzs. Edited by MorgonKara

I think pvp is pretty balanced right now, to be honest. I've seen guys do well on every advanced class. I would suggest you pick based on style of play. Sentinel/Marauder if you like to hunt healers as a unstoppable killing machine. Gunslinger if you like picking people off at range. Juggernaut if you like tanking/melee AOE. Sorcerer if you like DoTs and AOE.... Every class had potential.

I think pvp is pretty balanced right now, to be honest. I've seen guys do well on every advanced class. I would suggest you pick based on style of play. Sentinel/Marauder if you like to hunt healers as a unstoppable killing machine. Gunslinger if you like picking people off at range. Juggernaut if you like tanking/melee AOE. Sorcerer if you like DoTs and AOE.... Every class had potential.

yup, i agree. especially in sub 50 wzs a lot depends on your lvl and gear but some people can make any class work well. ive seen really good people of all classes

Firstly yes choose the class you will enjoy the most (of the time). Regarding your question about which class outputs the best dps then this is sentinels/marauders in general. Operatives are in the low part of the dps classes but they are very useful as they can easily solo cap a turret on a 1v1 fight, and they are ridiculously annoying to all other classes with all these long stuns. Personally I found them the most annoying class of all, but relatively easy to deal with as a sage.

Under 50 has very little to do with gear.

Gear has a lot to do with lowbies, even if it is PvE gear.

I have an artifice,biochem and a cybertech, so i keep my lowbie sorc decked out in all up-to-date purple armoring/mod/enh/hilt/implants and he basically destroys everything out there.

bolster helps those who help themselves.

I have an artifice,biochem and a cybertech, so i keep my lowbie sorc decked out in all up-to-date purple armoring/mod/enh/hilt/implants and he basically destroys everything out there.

Yep yep.

truth.

but the difference in lowbie and lvl 50, is that in lowbie everyone has the means to get top gear through crafting/market, whereas in lvl 50 you have to grind for weeks to be competitive.

Sub 50 is all about how many talents and abilities you have unlocked, since bolster and purple mods take care of the gear issue.

But overall, the same guys you see running around in low lvl greens in sub 50 are the ones who will do the same thing once they hit 50 zones... cant help those that dont help themselves.

truth.

but the difference in lowbie and lvl 50, is that in lowbie everyone has the means to get top gear through crafting/market, whereas in lvl 50 you have to grind for weeks to be competitive.

Sub 50 is all about how many talents and abilities you have unlocked, since bolster and purple mods take care of the gear issue.

But overall, the same guys you see running around in low lvl greens in sub 50 are the ones who will do the same thing once they hit 50 zones... cant help those that dont help themselves.

Green quality gear is perfectly fine in under-50 PVP, as long as it's current (no more than 2-4 levels out-of-date). I'm not going to spend a fortune getting all purple mods/gear when the performance difference is virtually non-existent in under-50 PVP. However, it doesn't mean that I will go into a level 50 warzone though wearing my sub-50 gear because that is a totally different ballgame that actually does depend on gear.

I PVP in under 50 bracket with mostly orange modded armor and a mix of blue and purple pieces here and there. I'm not really big on crafting in this game, only crafting I've ever done extensively is biochem. Don't like the crafting system much and don't like wasting time bothering with it. And buying artifact quality off the GTN is very expensive, so I don't do it regularly, only buy a few pieces every once in a while, because warzones don't pay very much so I'm not swimming in credits.

Sure bolster helps a bit more if your gear is a bit better, but it is only a slight difference, and not enough to really make a difference.

There's a guy on my server who sometimes does PVP naked (as a joke) and he still gets in the top three DPS (overall, for both teams) almost every time, he doesn't really have much of a problem with people who are geared to the max for their level.

Another example: my gear on my sorc got a bit outdated in his later levels because I was trying to save credits and so quit buying stuff off the GTN for a while. Yet I still regularly got 300K healing in 12-minute matches without too much effort. The fact is that under-50 PVP is not very gear-dependent at all.

Edited by Solarenergy

hey i am fairly new to the game and i want to make a dps maniac for pvp... any suggestions

PT/Vang, Mara/Sent, Sniper/Gunslinger if you want DPS

Assassin/Shadow and Scondrel/Op are also nice. You will lose some DPS in trade for utility (stealth, etc) As a sentinel the class I hate the most is an Op. When I mark the ones that buttpoke I typically stay away from them cause you can expect a hard long stun and a major *** rapage.

Edited by jstergar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.