The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

a little advice from pro pvp guys please..

yazuach

hello guys

I am level 50 pt pyro with almost full augmented warhero eliminators gearwith power relics,just have 2 pieces of bm left (legs and generator,working for them to exchange with warhero ones atm), got 1344 expertise ... I am only playing for pvp..

My questions are..

1- Is that expertise too much?Should I change power over expertise a bit ?For example I got 2x +41 expertise crystals on my blaster and power generator,maybe I should change one of the crystals with an +41 power one or both of them?

2- Is this a viable build for pvp, http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/powertech/16/?build=003200300000000000000000000000020000000000000000000000000320032202120230003200300010 its for burst damage.. or u got a better skill tree advice?

3- Should I sacrifice 1 point of steely resolve for 1 point more puncture?

Thanks for your advices,and sorry for my english,its not my native language..

Edited by yazuach
need to add something

Lower your expertise to around 1200. Power crystal over expertise for sure in the weapon and offhand. Also get orange bracers and belt and install PVE armorings and Warhero Power Mods. All the augments should be aim.

Keep around 99% accuracy.

Your build is fine, very good burst spec.

Superheated Rails and Puncture do stack.

thanks a lot for your answers, ı did as u say so got better dps :) but I still wonder the answer of my third question :)

Steely resolve affects all your attacks including railshot. Puncture only improves railshot but by more than steely resolve does. I don't think anyone has done any actual calculation on how much dps 1 point of puncture gives and how much 1 point of steely resolve gives etc. but to me Steely Resolve seems to be the better choice by far.

As for expertise, it is the best pvp stat, so stack it all you like. Replacing the weapon crystals with +power ones is a choice you can make, but it won't truly be better or worse than keeping the expertise crystals unless your power is really low.

thanks.. btw is there an expertise cap? Becuz expertise not only gives dps,it also gives protection too in pvp,so ı didnt see that much of a dps difference with 2x +41 power crystals over 2x +41 expertise crystals and I lost +82 expertise with %2 pvp resistance :) I am confused lol

Lower your expertise to around 1200. Power crystal over expertise for sure in the weapon and offhand. Also get orange bracers and belt and install PVE armorings and Warhero Power Mods. All the augments should be aim.

Keep around 99% accuracy.

Your build is fine, very good burst spec.

Superheated Rails and Puncture do stack.

This is what I have set up atm but I'm thinking the armorings from the generators/shields could be better than the PVE armorings for the belt and bracers. If not they are a cheaper but more grinding alternitive. From what I've heard the DR increase from the extra 100 expertise helps out a bit while losing little to no damage output.

And I would argue having the expertise crystals instead of power but I have a black-purp power I use, I would use expertise but I don't have the rating for the blk-purp crystal, while keeping the expertise crystal in the gen.

Also for a more sustained dps I would recommend 310-390 crit. Crit seems to be underrated for whatever reason on PTs, probably because of the power stat hype that rage mara/juggs started, but after multiple parses your overall dmg seems to peak when you close in on 400 crit rating. I mean its nice to pull those 5k rails off with little to no crit rating but your overall dps will increase with 310-390 crit.

Edited by BillEdwardz

• 2 weeks later...