Reduce Legacy Prices!

PreacherWitt

It was really nice that the required legacy levels were reduced recently, but the prices are still way too expensive for legacy unlocks such as the booster packs, ship unlocks, etc. Nothing should cost more than 1,000,000 credits and most things should be a lot less than that.

I think that I'm an average player and I will never be able to purchase some of the most expensive legacy unlocks at this rate. I have a life outside of SWTOR that requires the time that I would have to waste on grinding out millions of credits. Please make this change as one of your "quality of life" improvements to the game. Thanks.

/signed

Agree. I mainly focus mon just opps/pvp and crafting. I find it very hard to buy some of these perks. The things like storey exp / pvp exp boost should be a little cheeper as with mail/repair droids. Things like the pilot rank pricing is about right.

It's a creditsink, what do you want, it's meant to be expensive, and imo some things aren't expensive enough.

I just leveled a new character, at lvl 49 now, swimming in 1.5 mil credits, just from leveling/slicing.

do some dailies, fp's and an op and bam, 2 more mil, if you want, even as a casual player, you can easily get 2 mil credits per week, which makes the most expensive legacy thingy (the 5 mil GTN on ship) a matter of 3 weeks, which imo is fine, and can be argued to be even too fast.

then i'm not even talking about crew skills, crafting and gathering, get scavenging/bioanalisys, and sell stacks on GTN, easy money, ince you just pick it up while questing, no effort needed.

I for one don't agree to lower the prices, i would have even kept the legacy levels we had before.

there not expensive one bit u have to work for them and not have them cheap its called achiving something like i have most thing completely unlocked it aint hard and my legaucy is lvl 39

diak-maraduer lvl 50

zi'os-op lvl 50

pa'ull- sent lvl 50

It's a creditsink, what do you want, it's meant to be expensive, and imo some things aren't expensive enough.

I just leveled a new character, at lvl 49 now, swimming in 1.5 mil credits, just from leveling/slicing.

do some dailies, fp's and an op and bam, 2 more mil, if you want, even as a casual player, you can easily get 2 mil credits per week, which makes the most expensive legacy thingy (the 5 mil GTN on ship) a matter of 3 weeks, which imo is fine, and can be argued to be even too fast.

then i'm not even talking about crew skills, crafting and gathering, get scavenging/bioanalisys, and sell stacks on GTN, easy money, ince you just pick it up while questing, no effort needed.

I for one don't agree to lower the prices, i would have even kept the legacy levels we had before.

That's not been my experience and I have three level 50's and I cannot do 2 million a week or anywhere near that. What can it hurt to lower prices? Does that somehow imbalance the force or something? Give me a break.

If you have 3 level 50s spend some time with someone else doing the Ilum and Corellia dailies. Boom, 1 million creds per day quite easily.

You don't HAVE to have the unlocks, you are not barred from content by not having them.

Best purchase I ever made from them was Rocket Boost 1 (massive boost for getting out of an instance you've just cleared). Yes it was pricey. Has it paid for itself? Probably not, but it's close.

It's a creditsink, what do you want, it's meant to be expensive.

Credit Sinks are for Developers that didn't put enough thought into their economy. They created a system where a few people can farm credits for hours a day, and have no lives, so they can get so much money that it causes an imbalance in the system. Then they perpatrate the mistake by making features that only this 5% of the player base can afford, in an attempt to try to part them with those credits. The pitfall, of course, is that they make it so the other 95% of us can't afford it. Why do they even bother making features that 95% of the playerbase will never be able to try? That's stupid and short-sighted, and one of the many many reasons they are losing subscribers. If they had half a brain, they would nerf the amount of credits you get from dailies and bring their economy back into balance, and then lower the prices so that people can afford them.

Besides, the point of the legacy system was to make it so you LEVEL YOUR LEGACY TO GAIN THE PERKS. If they are going to charge through the nose for the features, then what's the point of leveling my legacy? As I said, stupid and short-sighted.

It was really nice that the required legacy levels were reduced recently, but the prices are still way too expensive for legacy unlocks such as the booster packs, ship unlocks, etc. Nothing should cost more than 1,000,000 credits and most things should be a lot less than that.

I think that I'm an average player and I will never be able to purchase some of the most expensive legacy unlocks at this rate. I have a life outside of SWTOR that requires the time that I would have to waste on grinding out millions of credits. Please make this change as one of your "quality of life" improvements to the game. Thanks.

OP click my SIG. Already have an established request on this!!

CLICK. MAH. SIG!!!! :cool:

Edited by Urael

The prices are fine. The expectations are the problem.

If BW had been wise about this, they would not have even let you see the Legacy tab until you had 2 lvl 50 characters. It's designed as a rewards system to make leveling easier for those storylines you want to experience, but that you don't want to play as thoroughly as your main toons.

What it has translated to, however, is "I hit 50 on a toon, and now I'd like to apply all of the perks to my next alt; how can I afford 13 million credits?"

The intent was not that you simply get all the perks all at once for every character as soon as you hit a certain legacy level. Bioware had to make a choice on how to tune this in order to offer rewards that you couldn't get all at once. They made something you have to work towards earning.

So, they could have made perks free. Like...free XP gain at legacy 25, or free rocket boots at legacy 263. Instead, they chose to make the perks available at lower logacy levels, gated by credits, so that you can pick and choose which perks you want most and earn them. You aren't supposed to have them all at once.

Edited by Journeyer

The intent was not that you simply get all the perks all at once for every character as soon as you hit a certain legacy level. Bioware had to make a choice on how to tune this in order to offer rewards that you couldn't get all at once. They made something you have to work towards earning.

They DID make it so that you have to work toward it. It's called "Level your Legacy". This isn't free and takes quite a bit of time. As I said before, what's the point of legacy levels if they are just going to charge through the nose for the legacy perks? In fact, why call them lagacy perks at all since clearly they have nothing to do with leveling my legacy.

They should do one or the other. Charge crazy amounts of credits or make me level my legacy. Doing both is just wrong.

in the words of James Ohlen

I'll let you decide for yourself if it was an outright Lie, Wildly Over hyped Exaggerated system or just a very poorly designed Cash Sink

But keep in mind that is was Supposed to be a Reward to players ... i just Loved being Rewarded with a 5 millions cred bill and i should feel Rewarded for having the chance to pay it all :rolleyes:

If you have 3 level 50s spend some time with someone else doing the Ilum and Corellia dailies. Boom, 1 million creds per day quite easily.

You don't HAVE to have the unlocks, you are not barred from content by not having them.

Best purchase I ever made from them was Rocket Boost 1 (massive boost for getting out of an instance you've just cleared). Yes it was pricey. Has it paid for itself? Probably not, but it's close.

I do the dailies almost every day on those three 50's and at best can get 300,000 credits a day. I have no idea what you are talking about. 1 million credits per day is not at all easily done. Only if I played the game all day long and did nothing else. I don't live in your world.

Credit Sinks are for Developers that didn't put enough thought into their economy. They created a system where a few people can farm credits for hours a day, and have no lives, so they can get so much money that it causes an imbalance in the system. Then they perpatrate the mistake by making features that only this 5% of the player base can afford, in an attempt to try to part them with those credits. The pitfall, of course, is that they make it so the other 95% of us can't afford it. Why do they even bother making features that 95% of the playerbase will never be able to try? That's stupid and short-sighted, and one of the many many reasons they are losing subscribers. If they had half a brain, they would nerf the amount of credits you get from dailies and bring their economy back into balance, and then lower the prices so that people can afford them.

Besides, the point of the legacy system was to make it so you LEVEL YOUR LEGACY TO GAIN THE PERKS. If they are going to charge through the nose for the features, then what's the point of leveling my legacy? As I said, stupid and short-sighted.

Finally another regular player speaking with the voice of reason. Thank-you!

Here's a thought: Just make all the perks based on legacy level and forget the credits. There's just not much incentive to level my legacy anymore after I reached 20 or 25. I'm almost at 30 now and it I don't care anymore. Whenever my legacy levels up, it's not a big deal at all anymore.

I like the legacy system a lot, but it needs some serious tweaking to make it more about rewards and less about grinding out credits.

well, i play an average of 3 hours per day, i still have a life outside of this game.

lets take an example, yesterday i cleared 2 bosses in tfb SM plus the trash, and gained 150k credits, easy cash, just from trash, did couple space missions, 50k extra, did the daileis on ilum and black hole (not the heroics, wanted to go fast) which made me another 100k, thats already 300k for what, about 2 hours of playing. do the belsavis daileis and you have another 60/70k (and they only take like 20 minutes), complete daily flashpoint (and hope for taralv) and there another 30k creds, which nets you already at 400k total for just 1 day with what, 3 hours of play?

tbh, what are the expensive perks on legacy, the only one that is awfully expensive is the ship GTN, but the ones buying that are the people that play the GTN, and 5 mil isn't much, considering you can make double that money in a week if you know how to play the GTN a bit (buy low items, put em on for higher creds, there are always idiots putting stuff on the GTN for less credits then the vendor selling price)

How is this thread any different from the upteen "I want something but I don't particularly want to work for it so I demand you give it to me for free and here is how I justify the fact I shouldn't have to work for it" threads we've already had?

There is a cost. If you cannot afford these items can you still play? Yes.

If you don't own these items are you at a disadvantage to players that do? Well only in the losest term. If you don't have a mailbox on your ship you have to go somewhere to find one. If you don't have the legacy travels you have to take another route.

OK, lets re-phrase question. If you don't have the legacy items is there anything you cannot do in the game? No.

I tell ya, some people just want a menu at logon where they can check each of the items they want and they magically appear.

I vote they increase the prices for all the account wide unlocks... maybe at lease double them. ;)

seriously which one are you thinking cost too much .

GTN on your ship yea maybe but that is a one time unlock for all your toons, and it unless your posting to the auction house more then twice a day is really a must have?

Lightside/darkside level 5 Unity and Sacrifice . easy to unlock with out credits

Ship droid really besides the crafting bonus gear he sells he is really worthless, and you dont even need him to get those for your char just go about a freinds ship that has unlock it or ask on the fleet if some one would help you out with it.

ship mail box, training dummies, all can be found in game with out having to have them on your ship,

reduced cool downs on fleet pass at best is still a 12 hour cool down , most people arent going to see much difference if your truely a causal player now with LFG changes with the last patch,

quick travel cool down I agree is over priced for a 6 min reduced cool down but if it cut it to 15 I may pick it up then,

all the Character perks can easily be unlocked with taking an hour run your daily with a high level and then you can buy the ones you need easy if you are wanting them all then yes that may take a few days of doing the dailies

well, i play an average of 3 hours per day, i still have a life outside of this game.

lets take an example, yesterday i cleared 2 bosses in tfb SM plus the trash, and gained 150k credits, easy cash, just from trash, did couple space missions, 50k extra, did the daileis on ilum and black hole (not the heroics, wanted to go fast) which made me another 100k, thats already 300k for what, about 2 hours of playing. do the belsavis daileis and you have another 60/70k (and they only take like 20 minutes), complete daily flashpoint (and hope for taralv) and there another 30k creds, which nets you already at 400k total for just 1 day with what, 3 hours of play?

tbh, what are the expensive perks on legacy, the only one that is awfully expensive is the ship GTN, but the ones buying that are the people that play the GTN, and 5 mil isn't much, considering you can make double that money in a week if you know how to play the GTN a bit (buy low items, put em on for higher creds, there are always idiots putting stuff on the GTN for less credits then the vendor selling price)

I think that's great that you love dailies, space missions and ops. I, however, can't stand any of that. I hate hate hate daiies. I used to play WoW, and after grinding out dailies for years at a time, I am totally burned out on them and will never do another. I also tried space missions here and after an hour I found the experience so frustrating that I'll never do another. And after several years of WoW and PUGs, I hate any group activity. And I never ever liked PvP. I solo quest until I get to 50 and reroll. And I don't think I'm alone with that.

As I said before, if they are going to charge through the nose for legacy perks, then they are not really legacy perks. They are things that I can buy if I'm filthy rich, but otherwise have nothing to do with Legacy.

well, no dailies, no fps, no ops, no pvp, what do you actually do in game? :D

anyways, you don't have to do dailies every day, i don't do that either, but dailies are just quests, as you do when you 'solo' to 50, a couple quests more or less won't make the difference right?

now i don't remember if i posted it in this thread or in another, but the last char i leveled, my trooper, had +1.5 mil creds when i reached 50, and i could have had even more if i didn't spend creds on some things i didn't actually need.

so if you go to 50 and reroll the whole time, you should have plenty of credits too.

edit : i played wow too, for 6 years, and i know your feeling about dailies, especially in the end with Tol Barad and Firelands, they just burned me out :s but then again, in wow i played a bit too hardcore, doing all dailies on 8 characters everyday hehe, here i just do it on one char, and in the end get more out of it then wow dailies were worth

Edited by Ifrica

Doing all the dailies doesn't net you $1 million credits (Unless you are killing everything in sight and then some) - selling off everything you find. You will see it takes a 2-3 hours to completely wrap up all that content.

Legacy level should determine what you get unlocked and without cost. The Legacy was introduced as an account wide benefit and it's become a credit sink that was character specific as well.

Fix the rollout of Legacy instead.