Sorry BioWARE (Happy Merc here)

Asturias

I was wrong and I jumped the gun on the changes to Mercenary.

I saw the changes to Rocket Punch and never noticed that we received a interrupt ability. I nerd raged quite a bit on the forums but thank you very much in listening to some us Mercs and I appreciate the new ability. This is exactly what I wanted for my class now Arsenal is back in business.

I am fully Warhero geared out and been in some one on one battles against other classes and actually pulled off some wins. I feel like this class is worth playing again.......

Freaking awesome and I am happy you listened and made a great change for us, again thanks =)

Disabling Shot

Interrupts the targets current action and prevents that ability from being used for 4 seconds.

Cool Down: 12 sec

Range: 30 M

Edited by Asturias

They put the stun to 10m because they think a merc is a melee class

Sorry to disagree here but I don't need a stun to use 30M away and I would rather reserve it for when those pesky Jedi jump on me.

Disabling shot is a great change for me and I am happy we finally got a interrupt. Look at this new ability they gave us and start using it.

Edited by Asturias

Don't mind about him, he's angry cause they opened a blog on Kaliyo....... :p

Its all alright he probably has a Merc like I and was used to being ignored but I am glad I stood with this class and BioWARE made some OUTSTANDING changes to it. I am a happy camper and man do I feel like a idiot =)

Edited by Asturias

I was very reserved about the changes personally. Got a merc and a few shadow consulars. But when I got back into the game, I enjoyed the changes as well. I'm LOVING the new force wave. its fast, feels powerful (better then the old one), and knocks things back a looong ways. Plus, with the cone effect, I can now use it in many situations where before I couldn't for fear of breaking CC.

the interrupt is amazing on my merc too....ran TFB with a group of friends the first week, and I was all over Cyrius (or whatever the dudes name is). 30m interrupt ftw!

They put the stun to 10m because they think a merc is a melee class

They put ALL classes stuns at 10M because it was distorting intended game play. Yet you have a 30M interupt, but you still feel they forced you to be melee instead of ranged? :rolleyes:

L2P IMO, and adjust. It was a good change for Mercs, and stuns were being misused by players in PvP. It was a mistake to have 30M stuns to begin with IMO. You need a ranged interupt, you don't need a long range stun.

I was very reserved about the changes personally. Got a merc and a few shadow consulars. But when I got back into the game, I enjoyed the changes as well. I'm LOVING the new force wave. its fast, feels powerful (better then the old one), and knocks things back a looong ways. Plus, with the cone effect, I can now use it in many situations where before I couldn't for fear of breaking CC.

the interrupt is amazing on my merc too....ran TFB with a group of friends the first week, and I was all over Cyrius (or whatever the dudes name is). 30m interrupt ftw!

I feel bad for jumping the gun here on the new changes and I wish I would have read the patch notes right away before looking at the Skill Tree changes.

I made a noob move which I should have known better but yeah 30m Interrupts is a nice change for my class.

I feel like I have defensive tools now. :D

Edited by Asturias

I feel bad for jumping the gun here on the new changes and I wish I would of read the patch notes right away before looking at the Skill Tree changes.

I made a noob move which I should of known better but yeah 30m Interrupts is a nice change for my class.

I feel like I have defensive tools now. :D

Sorry to be that guy but "should have", "would have". Carry on :p

Sorry to be that guy but "should have", "would have". Carry on :p

Fixed and thanks for pointing out my grammar mistakes but I felt it was only right to come on here and admit I was wrong and I was. :(

They did listen to a lot of post complaints about Mercs needing a defensive ability and they added it so I am freaking impressed and will sub for another 6 months.

Edited by Asturias

Fixed and thanks for pointing out my grammar mistakes but I felt it was only right to come on here and admit I was wrong and I was. :(

They did listen to a lot of post complaints about Mercs needing a defensive ability and they added it so I am freaking impressed and will sub for another 6 months.

No worries, it's just a pet peeve of mine. I think if we had more posters like your this would be a much better forum. It's not often people will admit they were wrong, kudos.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.