Patch did NOTHING to resolve issues

Jaick

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand, there are (were?) 2 problems.

The first problem, introduced in a patch previous to 1.4 (I believe, possibly really only since new NVidia drives come out?) is "relatively" minor stuttering (or so I understand). Apparently reverting the drivers will "fix" that one.

The second problem, introduced in 1.4, apparently only affects cross-fire/SLI systems. This one is basically debillitating. (frame drops to low single digits whenever you start moving in most situations) Apparently turning off crossfire/SLI (which playing in windowed mode automatically achieves) or turning off nameplates/nameplate scaling will "fix" that one.

Now, it looks like they'e addressed the 2nd problem for NVidia users. (Hopefully it fixes crossfire too, but I'm not going to expect it to) No reason whatsoever to think it would fix the issue with the most recent NVidia drivers though (which as I understand it is the only issue afflicting single card setups). And seeing as it does seem to be tied to a particular driver, it seems rather likely the "fix" would be on NVidia's end anyways.

The first problem, introduced in a patch previous to 1.4 (I believe, possibly really only since new NVidia drives come out?) is "relatively" minor stuttering (or so I understand). Apparently reverting the drivers will "fix" that one.

The second problem, introduced in 1.4, apparently only affects cross-fire/SLI systems. This one is basically debillitating. (frame drops to low single digits whenever you start moving in most situations) Apparently turning off crossfire/SLI (which playing in windowed mode automatically achieves) or turning off nameplates/nameplate scaling will "fix" that one.

Now, it looks like they'e addressed the 2nd problem for NVidia users. (Hopefully it fixes crossfire too, but I'm not going to expect it to) No reason whatsoever to think it would fix the issue with the most recent NVidia drivers though (which as I understand it is the only issue afflicting single card setups). And seeing as it does seem to be tied to a particular driver, it seems rather likely the "fix" would be on NVidia's end anyways.

No it didn't address chit. And this stuttering came with 1.4 not before.

QFT.

This patch was to address a client malfunction with SLI. READ THE PATCH NOTES people.

I'm sure one is coming for crossfire as well. No reason to wait to patch until you have them both ready. Fix those that you have ready as soon as they are ready, while working on the other.

Players need to own the driver issue as it pertains to specific releases of drivers from Nvidia that are bugged.

Edited by Andryah

Players need to own the driver issue as it pertains to specific releases of drivers from Nvidia that are bugged.

It's their stupid optimizations not a driver issue. Oh and guess what I already rolled back to 301 and that didnt chit.

I was running 306 before 1.4 and actually had increased FPS. Now its all FUBAR.

The two things mentioned do not fix anything they disguise the issue by making less apparent.

Like putting a dress on a cow somehow fixed the dead cow. FPS are still low and all graphics turned down.

So what was the point of better shadows, OH YEA so you can not use them!

Edited by Metalmac

QFT.

This patch was to address a client malfunction with SLI. READ THE PATCH NOTES people.

I'm sure one is coming for crossfire as well. No reason to wait to patch until you have them both ready. Fix those that you have ready as soon as they are ready, while working on the other.

Ok I have a ATI 4870 and the driver is from 2 days ago so why am I getting stutter as I have no SLI or Crossfire?

Ok I have a ATI 4870 and the driver is from 2 days ago so why am I getting stutter as I have no SLI or Crossfire?

I'm running a Radeon 4870 on my work computer (SWTOR installed, but I don't play it much on this one)... loaded up the game and everything is working perfectly (FPS was never great on this card with shadows on, but no unusual stuttering). I didn't even need to do any workarounds on this computer. Logically speaking, that means something is different about your computer that is causing the problem.

I'm not saying Bioware doesn't carry a responsibility for the issues (they did, afterall, follow the demands of the end users by "improving" shadows) but there are a lot of variables here. They said they are aware of the reported performance issues and they are working on it. They never said this patch would fix everything.

Edited by Skylerr

Um, I don't think the patch will be complete until 11am PDT (an hour away still), at which time you need to log out and relaunch to get the patch. I do believe it says this right on the launcher.

:cool:

Um no. Patch has been out for over 2 hours now. It was very small and did nothing.

Um, I don't think the patch will be complete until 11am PDT (an hour away still), at which time you need to log out and relaunch to get the patch. I do believe it says this right on the launcher.

They released the patch notes... the only issues that are supposed to be fixed today were the character locking issue (by far the most serious) and a problem with the NVIDIA SLI profiles. As far as I can tell both of those issues were resolved as advertised. Patch notes quoted below.

1.4.0b Patch Notes

10/2/2012

General

• Improved performance for players using NVIDIA graphics cards in an SLI configuration. (Please use the default SLI setting or AFR2, as AFR1 will result in poor performance with SWTOR.)
  • Corrected an issue that could prevent players from exiting their personal starship after completing Group Finder content.

Edited by Skylerr

Um no. Patch has been out for over 2 hours now. It was very small and did nothing.

Please read the launcher again. You don't have the full patch yet. The patching process started two hours ago (8am PDT). The full patch is not yet complete. It will be at 11am PDT.

They released the patch notes... the only issues that are supposed to be fixed today were the character locking issue (by far the most serious) and a problem with the NVIDIA SLI profiles. As far as I can tell both of those issues were resolved as advertised. Patch notes quoted below.

1.4.0b Patch Notes

10/2/2012

General

• Improved performance for players using NVIDIA graphics cards in an SLI configuration. (Please use the default SLI setting or AFR2, as AFR1 will result in poor performance with SWTOR.)
  • Corrected an issue that could prevent players from exiting their personal starship after completing Group Finder content.

You would think if they worked on or fixed the SLI that they would also look at the CrossFire at the same time.

For me it is like playing the game with the monitor sitting on a vibrating platform. The amount of flickering and stuttering is insane for a game that was working fine before the 1.4 patch. Kind of sad really.

What kind of improvements are they trying to add that would just make things so bad? To me it does not seem worth it.