Patch did NOTHING to resolve issues

Jaick

Please read the launcher again. You don't have the full patch yet. The patching process started two hours ago (8am PDT). The full patch is not yet complete. It will be at 11am PDT.

That message has now been removed from the patcher and the patch notes have been posted. The 11AM PDT time was an OUTSIDE time for the updating to be complete (worst case scenario)... it was available much sooner than that.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please read the launcher again. You don't have the full patch yet. The patching process started two hours ago (8am PDT). The full patch is not yet complete. It will be at 11am PDT.

:cool:

Obviously you cannot read.

The patch was deployed at 10am Central. You were required to restart the launcher to get this patch which I did. I have the full patch. Its extremely small. I don't know what you're on about but you're wrong.

That message has now been removed from the patcher and the patch notes have been posted. The 11AM PDT time was an OUTSIDE time for the updating to be complete (worst case scenario)... it was available much sooner than that.

Okay, sorry. Didn't realize they had changed it already. Thanks.

:cool:

Ok I have a ATI 4870 and the driver is from 2 days ago so why am I getting stutter as I have no SLI or Crossfire?

I'm running a single 5770 with the 11.7 drivers with no issues. There's really no reason to use bleeding edge drivers with these older cards unless there's a specific game fix you need.

And no update for those of us with single cards that have the same issue. After the patch, the studder is worse than before and now my sound is cutting in and out (only in SWTOR). I am tempted to resub and then quit again over this.

Ok update. Fixed the sound by putting it to max in game and adjusting my computer volume. Not the choice I was looking for since my speakers are in my monitor and there is no quick way to change the volume in game without now causing sounds to cut in and out. Fullscreen (windowed) worked to make it playable but also causes my card to get up 85 after a while compared to around 75 with just Fullscreen studder mode. I am not rolling back my drivers to play one game since every other game I play works just fine with the most up to date drivers.

Edited by HelinCarnate

And no update for those of us with single cards that have the same issue. After the patch, the studder is worse than before. I am tempted to resub and quit again over this.

Ugh. Imma at work. Not looking forward to a "fix" making things even worse. :mad:

Well since I figured out how to optimize my hunter last night with all the changes, I guess it's back to the bow until this garbage gets fixed. :rolleyes:

Edited by Urael

I'm running a Radeon 4870 on my work computer (SWTOR installed, but I don't play it much on this one)... loaded up the game and everything is working perfectly (FPS was never great on this card with shadows on, but no unusual stuttering). I didn't even need to do any workarounds on this computer. Logically speaking, that means something is different about your computer that is causing the problem.

I'm not saying Bioware doesn't carry a responsibility for the issues (they did, afterall, follow the demands of the end users by "improving" shadows) but there are a lot of variables here. They said they are aware of the reported performance issues and they are working on it. They never said this patch would fix everything.

I have ZERO STUTTERING BEFORE PATCH 1.4 and the Driver updated did not change anything.

Roll back on ATI 4870 Driver does not change stuttering, it only started at Patch 1.4 so BioWare broke it!

It is horrible that these bugs remain, but this has worked for some people. give it a shot....

•Delete DiskCacheArena which is by default found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Bioware\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor

•Delete client_settings which is by default found in the settings folder at C:\users\%USERNAME%\appdata\local\SWTOR\swtor\

When you get in-game, set your graphics options to your preferences.

loaded game & problem remained, BUT enabled V-Sync & boom problem gone

It is horrible that these bugs remain, but this has worked for some people. give it a shot....

•Delete DiskCacheArena which is by default found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Bioware\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor

•Delete client_settings which is by default found in the settings folder at C:\users\%USERNAME%\appdata\local\SWTOR\swtor\

When you get in-game, set your graphics options to your preferences.

loaded game & problem remained, BUT enabled V-Sync & boom problem gone

Thanks for that but I have tried this before as suggested by someone else but didn't do anything for me. :(

Edited by Jaick

someone said try setting it to windowed full screen. you lose some of your top end graphics settings but my guess is if you are having lag/fps issues you've already turned them down anyways.

good luck

I always ran in windowed full screen. I do not have the lag issues that my friends do.

i understand his rage

for PRguys, they sure chose a weird way to communicate, instead of any serious information

they just deliver this "info",,with a game that is barely functional, its like a spit in the face

Lol at barely functional. The hyperbole is strong in this one.

The patch did not fix a new log in issue... with freezing at the toon load 1/4 of the way in some type of misscom somewhere. I hope it's fixed soon, as well a lost gametime be compensated for. :cool:

Wow, glad to see I'm not alone. I ran in that issue a couple of days ago, I boarded my ship and loading was hanging forever. Got to force the game to quit and I couldn't load another character (telling me that I had to log out that one first) and that toon would never load. Took me like 10 minutes to finally get in.

I just cannot understand how they are able to break their game faster than they can fix it. I can't imagine how it is going to get better once it goes F2P.

Edited by demotivator

It's funny to me how people get so pissed off that every patch seems to have bugs and gameplay always gets choppy for a little bit. (I'm not saying anyone in this thread is raging, I'm not going to scroll through to make sure...but I've seen numerous threads on here lately in which people ARE pissy)

There hasn't been a single patch in the history of MMO's that didn't have a couple of bugs or kinks or choppiness. Yet people are always so angry :rolleyes:

Sure, you folks may think I'm stretching the truth with that statement but seriously, think about that. When has anything ever been 5 star perfect immediately after a patch rolls out?

I understand it's annoying, but sheesh...it's about time to get over raging about crap like this.

Edited by ObiJuanShenobi

It's funny to me how people get so pissed off that every patch seems to have bugs and gameplay always gets choppy for a little bit. (I'm not saying anyone in this thread is raging, I'm not going to scroll through to make sure...but I've seen numerous threads on here lately in which people ARE pissy)

There hasn't been a single patch in the history of MMO's that didn't have a couple of bugs or kinks or choppiness. Yet people are always so angry :rolleyes:

Sure, you folks may think I'm stretching the truth with that statement but seriously, think about that. When has anything ever been 5 star perfect immediately after a patch rolls out?

I understand it's annoying, but sheesh...it's about time to get over raging about crap like this.

Perhaps nothing changed for you since 1.4. Good, great for you. Some of us have effectively had our game experience limited to a degraded mode or even completely unplayable for others. This is pretty egregious excuse of a patch.

I for instance have never had degraded graphics in this game prior to 1.4 and in any other MMORPGs that I have ever played. Top that off with the fact that I HAVE to use up to date drivers to play other games but appearently have to use out of date drivers to even get "minimal" performance out of this game. All the other games I play my computer is fine. Prior to 1.4 my computer was fine. After 1.4 ONLY for SWTOR is my computer a POS? I hardly think it is my fault. :mad:

Edited by Urael

Perhaps nothing changed for you since 1.4. Good, great for you. Some of us have effectively had our game experience limited to a degraded mode or even completely unplayable for others. This is pretty egregious excuse of a patch.

I for instance have never had degraded graphics in this game prior to 1.4 and in any other MMORPGs that I have ever played. Top that off with the fact that I HAVE to use up to date drivers to play other games but appearently have to use out of date drivers to even get "minimal" performance out of this game. All the other games I play my computer is fine. Prior to 1.4 my computer was fine. After 1.4 ONLY for SWTOR is my computer a POS? I hardly think it is my fault. :mad:

I don't think it's your fault at all. I am just saying these issues with patches happen all the time, every time.... with virtually every MMO I've ever played. It's nothing new. It's always initially annoying as F but they always fix it with another patch...which in turn jacks other things up. Nature of the beast. After nearly 10 years of playing MMO's, Ive NEVER seen a patch or the few days after go smooth as glass. Ever. Yet people are always surprised or pissed.

Edited by ObiJuanShenobi

With the patch they said to change the SLI settings and I don't even have an option for SLI anything on my Nvidia Geforce GTX 560M. I'm glad that it turns out that I'm not crazy and it really did start messing up with the patch. I actually think it's a little worse after todays patch and no matter how I set my graphics it still does the same thing. I really enjoyed switching from WoW to SWTOR but stuff like this should be fixed way faster then what it is, or should never have happened in the first place, or else I might have to go back WoW and I really don't want to. If there might be anything else we can do on our end I'll keep trying so if you find somethying that works keep posting and I'll keep trying until they get off their asses and fix what they broke.

I don't think it's your fault at all. I am just saying these issues with patches happen all the time, every time.... with virtually every MMO I've ever played. It's nothing new. It's always initially annoying as F but they always fix it with another patch...which in turn jacks other things up. Nature of the beast. After nearly 10 years of playing MMO's, Ive NEVER seen a patch or the few days after go smooth as glass. Ever. Yet people are always surprised or pissed.

I have over 10 years of MMORPGs under my belt also and I have never been effected as I have been in this patch in this game. I guess it's my time in the penalty box. :rolleyes: *silently mouths thank you EAware* :p

I have seen games get messed up by patches before but, this is the first time I have actually started to think about quitting. If the game is unplayable or nolonger enjoyable becasue of playability then why stay? I can't use the service that was fine prior to the patch. I wonder how many others are having problems ( or not having problems ) since not everyone posts here. We will never know the full effects of patch 1.4.

Edited by Urael