Who is your tanking companion

pico_sf

Would prefer Scorpio, she is just much cooler and I think a better tank, used her for quite a while, but went back to Kalyio. It's just a hell a lot of easier to gear her properly. With Scorpio you always have to rip mods out of regular armor to put them into stupid droid parts, which is not fun, and I don't need another money sink either.

Equally geared Scorpio does put out slightly more damage than Kaliyo, and her primary damage attack doesn't have a cast time. Unfortunately it's a ***** to keep the chrome psycho competitively geared once you hit 50 and slot restricted armorings come into play.

Well, from experience, using any companion other then the healer gives a downtime, you just wouldn't have with a healer, unless facing an elite, i have no idea how people manage to level up as a dps with a tank or dps companion and not have issues.

I am sure the tank companions are fine when they are top notch gear, but ever since bioware insanely removed their armor bonus from their tank stance, you might as well just have then in dps mode, since they die like dps companions. lol

• 2 weeks later...
Well, from experience, using any companion other then the healer gives a downtime, you just wouldn't have with a healer, unless facing an elite, i have no idea how people manage to level up as a dps with a tank or dps companion and not have issues.

I am sure the tank companions are fine when they are top notch gear, but ever since bioware insanely removed their armor bonus from their tank stance, you might as well just have then in dps mode, since they die like dps companions. lol

Haven't leveled up my Sniper enough to have any companions besides Kaliyo (who I can't effing stand, mainly cause I take a hit to approval every time I pass up an opportunity to act like a complete Richard), but ^ this has pretty much been my experience with my other characters.

I'm sorry, but when the "tank" companions average around 25% damage reduction with on-level armor (in other words, roughly the same as my own squishy tail), there's really no good reason not to just take a slightly squishier DPS companion and kill mobs faster, or take the healer companion and just tank the mobs yourself (which you probably will with a tank companion anyway, since they suck at keeping threat as bad as they do at surviving).

So me, I'll probably be fulltiming Lokin once I get him, or bringing out Vector or Temple when I have a friend along to cover heals.

Edited by Raji_Lev
Breaking up wall of text slightly

Haven't leveled up my Sniper enough to have any companions besides Kaliyo (who I can't effing stand, mainly cause I take a hit to approval every time I pass up an opportunity to act like a complete Richard), but ^ this has pretty much been my experience with my other characters.

I'm sorry, but when the "tank" companions average around 25% damage reduction with on-level armor (in other words, roughly the same as my own squishy tail), there's really no good reason not to just take a slightly squishier DPS companion and kill mobs faster, or take the healer companion and just tank the mobs yourself (which you probably will with a tank companion anyway, since they suck at keeping threat as bad as they do at surviving).

So me, I'll probably be fulltiming Lokin once I get him, or bringing out Vector or Temple when I have a friend along to cover heals.

Thing is when you are the healer, then you want the person with the thickest armor, and that happens to be Kaliyo. for the sniper yeah then you want the healer and just tank everything yourself.