Who is this on my ship? (Extra Passenger)

Wraiven

Found this person running around on my ship and some very odd things took place. First, they seemed to roam about aimlessly...as if they had no idea where they were going.

Second, they were untargetable and had their companion running around with them.

Third, They would not respond to /say or /whispers nor did they even acknowledge that I was there.

I almost wonder if they knew I even existed. Very odd to say the least.

Had the same thing happen I logged off on my ship, the next day I logged on and there were people running around on my ship or heck I might have been on their ship I dunno.. first there was one then there were two, I hit the exit door and was able to leave ok, but a very strange bug indeed, I tried to click on the people, but could not target them at all..

Found this person running around on my ship and some very odd things took place. First, they seemed to roam about aimlessly...as if they had no idea where they were going.

Second, they were untargetable and had their companion running around with them.

Third, They would not respond to /say or /whispers nor did they even acknowledge that I was there.

That was awesome!! :D

Had the same thing happen I logged off on my ship, the next day I logged on and there were people running around on my ship or heck I might have been on their ship I dunno.. first there was one then there were two, I hit the exit door and was able to leave ok, but a very strange bug indeed, I tried to click on the people, but could not target them at all..

Did they respond to you? Did you try and communicate with them? This one on my ship would not even acknowledge my existence. Was very odd.

LOL had the same "problem" but this person was able to communicate in general chat. It seems that she (it was she) could be seen in many ships in the same time but could not get into her ship. Maybe players said at the same time the've seen her as she was roaming aimlessly on my Fury :) Edited by Evensong

Had some on my ship, too (Jedi ship).

The one that I spoke to said that they could not see other people, but they were appearing on multiple ships at the same time.

I couldn't click on them, but I was able to invite them to a group though that didn't accomplish anything.

I didn't mind the one person so much.

The next day, though, there were multiple people on my ship and they were dueling and generally making a racket.

I suppose I don't blame them for trying to entertain themselves if they were waiting for a CSR to come along and help them out, but it doesn't make it any better from where I was sitting.

I'm sure that it is a result of 1.4. Just another thing that happened because they did something else that doesn't seem like it should have impacted this at all (like not being able to access social options by clicking on character names in the chat window, for example).

Hm. This is quite an interesting bug. Hasn't happened to me yet.

I'm sure it's just a case of something going wrong with the instances. We're all supposed to have our own ship, but for some reason, we get put into instances with other players.

1.4 just keeps on getting better and better, eh?

Maybe it's a Easter Egg to let you know that there is a secret character or something. Kinda like the Original Mortal Kombat and the introduction of Reptile.

I've heard of this bug in beta (I know, it's been said), but could be even funnier- you could be on the opposite faction's ship! Some people used the bug to go to the other faction's starter worlds, like one person even hunted padawans on tython, hiding in the trees.. Problem was, you couldn't get home! You had no ship hangar…

I've heard of this bug in beta (I know, it's been said), but could be even funnier- you could be on the opposite faction's ship! Some people used the bug to go to the other faction's starter worlds, like one person even hunted padawans on tython, hiding in the trees.. Problem was, you couldn't get home! You had no ship hangar…

Sounds like an awesome bug.

Edited by odericko

It is a bug. It has happened too many times to my friend and it gets aggravating especially when she is trying to go help someone and can't exit from a ship and has to use her fleet pass just to get off.

In addition she has seen a bug that only happens to her on the ship and that is when she is exiting or entering her ship the server will stop responding and she has to reload and it only happens when she is going in or out of her ship.

This has become very aggravating to her.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

/me nods, I had a Jedi Knight sitting on my galaxy map when I logged in this morning. I think he was trying to block me being able to click on it, in order to be annoying. He wasn't terribly good at that, though, so I clicked around him, flew to Balmorra, and then disembarked.

Instancing *does* seem to have gone slightly wrong in 1.4.

1.4 just keeps on getting better and better, eh?

Indeed.

But let's wait a bit, maybe they announce this as an intended feature, which is now here to help people communicate more on their ships :D

But seriously now, no more confidence into devs left in me at all. They can't even handle their own game anymore.

Edited by Trollokdamus

Since the 1.4 development branch has origin from the beta and not 1.3 then I suspect we are about to see some open world pvp on the starter worlds. That 1.4 isn't based on 1.3 should be obvious now since some bugs that was fixed in 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 isn't anymore in 1.4.