Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Black-Core Sabers

OrionSol

I hate them, too... :( White is great and does fit the game. The first appearance of black-core saber was Force Unleashed and wasn't used anywhere else in any other franchise til TOR... How did it become canon? :/ Oh, and darksaber is a different story.

White with black core is in season 3 or 4 of Clone Wars cartoon.

They do not belong in StarWars at all.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a fan of the black-cored sabers either, but as someone said above, if you don't like them, don't use them. And I don't. I do however like to use those crystals in my ranged weapons, as I think they look quite nice in there. Edited by DethWraith

I feel for you, and I understand how little things can bug a lot.

Having said that, I love the look and feel of the black-red saber on my Juggernaut. I have them for all three sets of gear (dps, tanking and PvP). I was so happy when I first got that crystal from an ops drop! I think black-red saber looks awesome with the black-and-red Gurian Shadow speeder and a long black cape.

- Darth Djek

Edited by MariaD

i dont mind them. i could do without them, however id like to see all colors pretty available for anyone. for example a sith lord on the dark council shouldnt really have trouble acquiring whatever color saber he wants.

so how many of you complaining that the black core isn't star warsy but will use a blue one on the imp side or red on pub side etc? THAT bugs me but i can't do anything about so you know what? i deal. it's a game. if you dont like, don't play.

Like it or not , Dark-sabers are canon now too thanks to the Clone wars and force unleashed, you can strangle George for validating them in that way.

Well the Force Unleashed one was in fact inspared by something called a darksaber: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darksaber_(lightsaber)

The funny thing is that in fact in Force Unleashed the makers first wanted to implement a vibrosword instead of the black cored lightsaber, but when the feared that not enough people didn't know about vibroswords they implemented the black cored one instead.

But back to topic, I happens to like the black cored one gives you more choices :) but myself I use two beatiful orange ones with white cores :) Still have my grenn with black cores from the rakghoul event still of course :)

Anyone who remembers the yeollow cored lightsaber from KOTOR 2 ? You stole it from a sith lords tomb, I let Kreia use it and when she left to join the siths SHE STOLE IT!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

It was really a pleasure to KILL her for that crime! :D:D:D

But anyone who rembers that lightsabers name ? I would really like to see a quest for that one in SWTOR :)

It could be a quest where you had to find Kreias tomb with the guidnes of the force ghost of The Excile, and when you stole the saber from Kreias dead hands her force ghost attacked yo! Would be awesome :D

Then dont use them?

I mean I dont make the Sentinel who wants to wear Smuggler gear, change his gear to match. So why should you get to tell people that you dont think it fits in the Star Wars universe?

This isn't your game, this isn't your 'telling' of how the events unfolded, this is Bioware's game.

I'm not against them putting in an option to let you not see the black cores, but come on. . .get serious, they're not gonna add that little feature in the game.

Woah, simmer the hell down.

I didn't know i had to emphasize the fact that what i said was my opinion (And the opinion of "many" others that i have talked to in-game/on the forums).

Don't get all defensive.

Edited by GhostDrone

Then dont use them?

I mean I dont make the Sentinel who wants to wear Smuggler gear, change his gear to match. So why should you get to tell people that you dont think it fits in the Star Wars universe?

This isn't your game, this isn't your 'telling' of how the events unfolded, this is Bioware's game.

I'm not against them putting in an option to let you not see the black cores, but come on. . .get serious, they're not gonna add that little feature in the game.

^ This.

This thread really turned into a ligit hate thread. I actually like the black core sabers, why...IT'S A GAME and takes place thousands of years before Ep III. Maybe during this timeframe these crystals were somewhat common :eek: ..and no one is breaking into where you live, throwing you infront of your computer and holding a gun to your head and forcing you to use a black core saber. :rolleyes:

If this is really bothering you...somethat that is just appearance only..you got a problem, sorry, but it really comes down to that. Or maybe I should made a thread about how different classes are allowed to wear orange armor to make their own looks but I don't a certain combo.. :rolleyes:

so how many of you complaining that the black core isn't star warsy but will use a blue one on the imp side or red on pub side etc? THAT bugs me but i can't do anything about so you know what? i deal. it's a game. if you dont like, don't play.

Psh. I don't even use green on my guardian. Which is why I want more than one shade of blue. (And for purple to be easier to get pub side, but that's a different thread...)

(My shadow, of course, being a sub-discipline of the sentinel base class, uses yellow or orange. Which sort of mandates she be an artificer because those are frustratingly rare drops and the game keeps trying to give her consular green. I get the mechanical reasons for why they messed with the class setup, but it's still hard on a roleplayer. :()

Edited by Quething

^ This.

This thread really turned into a ligit hate thread. I actually like the black core sabers, why...IT'S A GAME and takes place thousands of years before Ep III. Maybe during this timeframe these crystals were somewhat common :eek: ..and no one is breaking into where you live, throwing you infront of your computer and holding a gun to your head and forcing you to use a black core saber. :rolleyes:

If this is really bothering you...somethat that is just appearance only..you got a problem, sorry, but it really comes down to that. Or maybe I should made a thread about how different classes are allowed to wear orange armor to make their own looks but I don't a certain combo.. :rolleyes:

:D

But you enter my field of view, and it is ruining my fun :p I don't want to see you people.;)

I generally dislike the black cores, but I can't help wondering if they reduce the occurrence of seizures somehow? All that flashing blue and red can't be entirely safe, and the black cores might make them less bright than white cores. It is possible that this is a safety concern being addressed.

I completely agree with OP. I wouldn't have a big problem with them if they were RARE, but now I see much more black ones than classical ones and it's really annoying. I hope they are not planning on giving any of these ugly ones to major story NPCs in the future, 'cause that would completely kill the game's immersion for me.

..and no one is breaking into where you live, throwing you infront of your computer and holding a gun to your head and forcing you to use a black core saber. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but if they don't take them out of the game immediately, I will shoot this dog!

In all reality, I don't mind them at all. I kind of like the idea of having a black core saber for each of my Sith, reflecting the pure darkness of their nature and the Dark Side of the Force.

BJ

So, I would say I love about 95% of what this game has to offer.

However,

I absolutely despise, abhor, hate, and revile all Black-Core "Light"-sabers

I think they are stupid, ugly, and I can't stand looking at them.

Is there anyway we can get a option in game to make all Lightsabers appear to us to be "Movie like" ?

No?

Ok then, but just know I hate them. To what ever developer made them, and put them in game, I hope you are forced to sit in an economical chair for long periods of time.

Don't like them? The buy a non-black core crystal and switch out/override the blackcore you dislike.

FML Why are people get all bent out off shape over things that can easily be remedied :rolleyes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.