Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Black-Core Sabers

OrionSol

So, I would say I love about 95% of what this game has to offer.

However,

I absolutely despise, abhor, hate, and revile all Black-Core "Light"-sabers

I think they are stupid, ugly, and I can't stand looking at them.

Is there anyway we can get a option in game to make all Lightsabers appear to us to be "Movie like" ?

No?

Ok then, but just know I hate them. To what ever developer made them, and put them in game, I hope you are forced to sit in an economical chair for long periods of time.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry that I bought a CE and happened to get one, sorry that the BM assault cannon came with one.

My bad. :rolleyes:

Not your fault. Devs fault for ever putting them in game.

I have CE as well. I purposefully go and get the bubble-bee replacement every once and a while... and destroy it. Just for fun.

Agreed. The Black-(Color) sabers are absolutely disgusting.

It would be nice if we had some of the crystals from KOTOR II return. Like the Silver and Viridian crystals. They're both a bit different shades of the already existing White and Green crystals, but like the Cyan crystal; they'd add just a bit more freshness that's needed.

Like it or not , Dark-sabers are canon now too thanks to the Clone wars and force unleashed, you can strangle George for validating them in that way.

It's his Universe, he just lets other people play in it.

I choose to find more valid things in my life to scowl at than than fictional laser bread cutters.

Like it or not , Dark-sabers are canon now too thanks to the Clone wars and force unleashed, you can strangle George for validating them in that way.

I choose not.

And I agree, where the hell are all the real colors? Not just the old KotOR II standbys like bronze and cyan, but, y'know, every single other distinguishable chunk of the visible spectrum. Royal blue, forest green, that green-yellow from Bastila's concept art, a nice reddish orange like the Heart of the Guardian... how in the world did we skip dozens of legit alternative colors and jump straight to black cores!? At the very least couldn't they be color cores instead, like blue-core green or orange-core red or something sort of reasonable?

Not true, the weapon you refer to the Clone Wars show is not a true lightsaber. It's a Darksaber.

Originally intended to be a vibroblade, George Lucas decided that, to preserve the uniqueness of the Jedi weapon, a lightsaber should not be seen to be blocked by sword-like weapon that is not a lightsaber. With that in mind, Lucas and the show's crew conceived of an ancient precursor to the lightsaber which they named the darksaber.

It's very similar to a lightsaber, but it's not the same thing as the "modern" lightsaber we see in the game.

If the game had a darksaber, I'd be fine with it. But that isn't the case. I'm not fine with black-cored lightsabers. I realize that some people do like them and ofc, I would never advocate removing them from the game. However, a toggle to turn all black cores into white (for cosmetic purposes only) would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Kyneris

Yeah have to put m'self down as a fan. My sentinel has a Blue-black mainhand, red- black offhand, though at some point my goal is to put him in dual purple-black. The only one that looks a bit funky is the green-black just because of the shade of green they put with it.

I also love the way black-core color crystals show up for non force users and wish more of their weapon animations used color crystal colors instead of default skill animation colors.

I would still love a wider color pallet too of course, but am a fan of the black cores.

Not true, the weapon you refer to the Clone Wars show is not a true lightsaber. It's a Darksaber.

It's very similar to a lightsaber, but it's not the same thing as the "modern" lightsaber we see in the game.

If the game had a darksaber, I'd be fine with it. But that isn't the case. I'm not fine with black-cored lightsabers. I realize that some people do like them and ofc, I would never advocate removing them from the game. However, a toggle to turn all black cores into white (for cosmetic purposes only) would be greatly appreciated.

In the same wiki article you quoted it states several times that its considered a lightsaber.

"This lightsaber was stolen from your Jedi Temple by my ancestors during the fall of the Old Republic. Since then many Jedi have died upon its blade. Prepare yourself to join them!"

The darksaber was an ancient lightsaber that was stolen by the Mandalorians during a collapse in power of the Galactic Republic.

Unique among other lightsabers, the darksaber possessed a flat, black-colored blade that came to a sharp point much like a traditional vibrosword, rather than the rounded beam of more standard lightsabers. The darksaber also gave off a higher pitched hum when active than more widespread lightsabers were known to make by the time of the Clone Wars

The darksaber had many unique features that distinguished it from almost all other known lightsabers.

The blade color was black, which is unique in a lightsaber.

Perhaps. But many people (myself included) don't think they necessarily fit into the Star Wars universe.

They can look good when fit into the right style, but just not SWTOR's style.

Then dont use them?

I mean I dont make the Sentinel who wants to wear Smuggler gear, change his gear to match. So why should you get to tell people that you dont think it fits in the Star Wars universe?

This isn't your game, this isn't your 'telling' of how the events unfolded, this is Bioware's game.

I'm not against them putting in an option to let you not see the black cores, but come on. . .get serious, they're not gonna add that little feature in the game.

Well I like them and I hope they add more variations.

When I see something in game that offers nothing more then a look, and for some reason I don't like it or think fits the lore, guess what I do....I don't use it.

They are here to stay, even more so with a cash shop on the way.

Perhaps. But many people (myself included) don't think they necessarily fit into the Star Wars universe.

They can look good when fit into the right style, but just not SWTOR's style.

I have to disagree with you, good sir. I believe that the black crystals are APART of SWTOR's style.

I would agree with you if you said it wasn't apart of the SW universe as a whole, like you mentioned above.

However, as it is in SWTOR, it is apart of it's style, if you catch what I'm throwing.

Aside from that, I love, love, LOVE the black-blue crystals in my two blasters for my merc. Had to get them using my trooper in pvp pub side, so it makes it a bit more unique on imp side.

I also quite enjoy my black-orange crystal with my sin tank, as it's unique and stands out, letting people know where I am if things get hectic in ops and what not. (That's a bit of an exaggeration but you know what I mean ;P)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.