Lag since 1.4...anyone else?

Yuefei

It does indeed look like there is a '' server-wide '' bug for everyone, which happens when you start the launcher an click '' Login '' it downloads a patch, and it doesn't work.

This happened to me today, finished my hm fp daily, came back to Black Hole area to finish dailies, my character bugged out 15 seconds after it came back to the Black Hole. I restarted my computer, clicked the launcher, got in the game, click on my character. Game told me it was bugged.

I closed the game, rebooted my computer, re-re-clicked on the launcher, and this time, i just couldn't get into the game, it was frozen at '' updating launcher ''...

This looks like a very complicated bug, I'm sure Bioware are doing everything they can to solve it, and i hope they solve it soon. If all else fails, we could see a massive exodus of players :(

Yes, very intense stuttering at times even though the game says I'm at 60 fps.

It has nothing to do with crowded areas as it seems to be the worst for me at the character creation screen.

Which leads me to believe something in the coding is actually causing a conflict since 1.4

Game performs as always...starts choppy... pauses..then I guess all things sync up and the game runs fine, no problems...then will just stop, and have to reboot...has happened a few time since 1.4..ran the repair and it still does the same, works well for around an hour or so, then have to reboot...relog and the game runs fine...

Game performs as always...starts choppy... pauses..then I guess all things sync up and the game runs fine, no problems...then will just stop, and have to reboot...has happened a few time since 1.4..ran the repair and it still does the same, works well for around an hour or so, then have to reboot...relog and the game runs fine...

This.

Except on top of it my client is crashing at least once per hour. Seems to happen most frequently when entering or leaving a flash point of WZ. 5/6 times it happened today I was either entering or leaving one.

I didn't have lag immediately after the patch, but I think it depends on the area you are in. Fleet seems fine to me, but today I was leveling up a new toon on Tython and I got the choppiness I had read about.

In another thread it said that turning off "nameplates scale with distance" would help so I did that. It was fine a couple minutes and then started again... so I turned off nameplates on most things. Fine again a little while then started again.

I went back in to look and nothing left to turn off so closed the preferences window and it was fine again.

So... what I did the rest of the day especially after cut scenes (which seemed to start the stuttering) is open preferences, and then close it.

As simple and idiotic as that sounds, thats how I was able to get rid of the stuttering that happened over and over again today.

Yea, I did all the suggested ideas to help the lag, didn't help. I wish Bioware would get their crap together or at least do a official announcement that a patch is on the way. People with Nvidia cards appear to be having the most severe graphics issues and crashes but my friend with his ATI card is still have issues, just nothing compared to mine.

Has anyone else had major lag issues with the game since the patch? My in game lag has been awful. Character cannot run without it being very choppy, as well as getting booted frequently from the game.

Well, if you just took a MINUTE to browse customer support forums and the dev tracker, you would have probably noticed that it is a know issue.

In other words, the horrible performance you are experiencing is a bug that patch 1.4 introduced for a lot of people.