Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Character Transfer

SamirSaweras

No idea man. A lot of us are wondering the same damned thing. Bioware doesn't seem to care.

They care enough to ignore this question on a daily basis.

What the hell is your problem Bioware???

I swear, your management is inexcusable! You have the means and way to do this, so it seems the delay is because you cannot figure how to collect $$$ for this service. Either offer it up free to the paying subscribers or hurry your butt and put the paid feature in place!!

Customer Service and Appreciation at its finest. Amazing. :rolleyes:

Does anyone have an idea of when the free character transfer service will be up and running again?

I thought all the free charcater tranfers were to the servers that turend into the new high-population servers? Now that all servers merged, there aren't any players to tranfer anymore, are there?

I too want my toons consolidated. It doesn't seem fair that this issue was created by low-pop server re-rolls, yet remains ignored despite there being a post on the subject ever day. I watched the live stream hoping to get a nibble of insight, but again, all they said was, "near future." It's really frustrating.

I thought all the free charcater tranfers were to the servers that turend into the new high-population servers? Now that all servers merged, there aren't any players to tranfer anymore, are there?

i still have a character on a server im not going to play.

Prior to the first transfers' announcement i had players on Sith Meditation Sphere which had a small population so i decided to start over on Canderous Ordo (this was before transfers were ever announced). SMS ended up getting transferred to Shadowlands so i have basically lost that player because im not going to play on two servers with one player on one and a lot on the other.

With the most recent transfers that occurred, my character that was transferred to Shadowlands still did not merge with my characters on Canderous Ordo which is now on Jedi Covenant, so i still have a bunch of characters on one server and a loner who has over 1 mil credits just staying put never being played

Free transfers are over and done with. Paid transfers are waiting on the infrastructure for microtransactions (also to be used for the Cartel shop) to be put in place. They will likely come some time this fall.

This was addressed in the LiveStream Q&A on Sept. 21, 2012 (that is, 8 days ago). Emphasis added:

Q: It was mentioned that along with the free transfers we would be offered paid transfers for characters who like to move from one server to another. Is this still in the works?

A: Certainly we want to offer people the option to do character transfer as a paid service. We got a little bit of additional work that is going to need to go in before we can actually offer it as a paid service but that is coming in the near future.

So what do you think we'll have to pay to transfer characters? Do you think they'll charge us actual money or credits?

Actual Money. This is why the service has not been released. Bioware cannot figure how to collect our cash.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.