Rage Rotation

Megatfx

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/4f864294-2367-48fb-a968-40b37ef60ffd

Full power build.

676.4 Bonus Damage with Rakata Stim (Not listed on Character Builder)

1021-1172 Range of Damage

78.80% Surge

21.31% Melee Crit (36.31% Crit with Vicious Slash)

1208 Expertise

19048 HP

There are several rotations to cycle through. You should never ever Smash without 4 stacks of Shockwave or without Obliterating / Force Charging.

3 Ways to build Shockwave (4 if you count popping Frenzy to Beserk)

Beserk - 30 stacks of fury. Can pop Frenzy to Beserk. Beserk also builds a full Rage bar.

Force Crush - 18 Second CD

Force Choke - 1 Minute CD

Smash is FREE when you have 4 stacks of Shockwave.

The great thing about Shockwave Stacks is that the buff lasts 20 seconds. So you can build your next 4 Shockwaves while you're waiting for Smash to come off CD. YOU SHOULD NEVER SMASH WITHOUT 4 SHOCKWAVES.

So the last few days, people have seen me double, sometimes even triple second place in damage in WZ's and ask me "What's the trick?"

The trick is simple:

As soon as I Smash a group of players, I use either Beserk, Force Crush, or Force Choke to build my next 4 Shockwaves. So by the time I'm ready to Smash again I just have to make sure I have either Force Charged or Obliterated someone within the last 20 seconds. I AM ALWAYS BUILDING SHOCKWAVES THE SECOND I USE A SMASH.

After my Shockwaves are built I am Vicious Slashing since Vicious Slash lowers the CD on Smash by 1 second everytime I do it. This lowers my Smash CD and gives me the opportunity to Smash for 5-7k more often.

So a few typical Rotations go like this

Frenzy -> Beserk -> Force Charge -> Smash

Force Charge or Obliterate -> Force Crush -> Battering Assault -> Smash

Force Charge or Obliterate -> Force Choke -> Smash

An example combo against multiple players would like something like

Frenzy -> Beserk -> Force Charge -> Smash -> Force Crush -> Vicious Slash x3 -> Battering Assault -> Obliterate -> Smash -> Beserk -> Vicious Slash x3-4 -> Force Charge -> Smash -> Battering Assault -> Force Crush -> Vicious Slash x3 -> Obliterate -> Smash.

That is just a made up example but I am sure I do something similar. Obviously you guys know stuff doesn't go as exact as that. You have to make your own judgement calls on the abilities, don't go memorizing this and thinking that's exactly what I do but it should be along the same premise. Rotating your Shockwave building abilities.

BUT ALWAYS PRIORITIZE BESERK OVER FORCE CHOKE OR FORCE CRUSH. When Beserk comes up, finish up your current Smash combo (If you already have 4 shockwaves), then make sure after that Smash Combo you use Beserk (If you are at full Rage then use Vicious Slash several times before you pop it so that way you don't waste Beserks rage building abilities).

When I play Rage I feel like I'm lining up several different 10 hit combo's in Street Fighter. It takes a feel to get in the routine of having multiple combos like Rage does.

Don't put Force Crush on a player that's almost dead, it won't build 4 stacks.

Don't Force Choke a player that's almost dead, it won't build 4 stacks.

Ensure you aren't overlapping Shockwave abilities. Memorize what the Shockwave buff looks like so you can quickly glance to verify 4 stacks.

Edited by Megatfx

The effort is appreciated by many I'm sure OP, but Rage spec is really just a 4-button easy mode Smash fest with only slight variation depending on whether Berserk is up. Specced to Rage last night for my first time from Annihilation and couldn't believe the ezmode faceroll.

From henceforth, I'm calling it the Drooling T*rd spec and will be lolsmashing all the way home to glory on my Marauder.

Nice mini-guide. I figured out Rage by myself for the most part not too long ago , but this should be helpful to new people to the spec (read: FOTMs).

One thing I would like to mention is that sometimes after a Smash (or before while Force Crush is ticking if I have enough rage for smash already) I like to use Ravage. If Smash + a full Ravage hit, that is a huge burst of damage, it can easily take off more than half a targets health. Of course, good players wouldn't let both fully hit, but there are so many people who just stand there and let you kill them with this its almost funny.

Edited by Z-ToXiN

Your last move before smash after you build up 4 shockwaves is force charge. That is a common mistake for marauders who don't have force push like juggs/guards to reset force charge because if you charge/force crush/smash and even remotely are slowed, you will lose your 5 sec vindicator bonus for the extra 10% damage. Your best bet is if you don't have berserk up is to use crush, let them kite, run from you, THEN use your charge followed by smash to guarantee you will get your bonus. Edited by BobaStyx