The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Unload

Theology

They changed how the damage "ticks" to be the same as commandos/VG's full auto.

Before it was a 3 second channel starts doing damage instantly and ticks whooping 12 times each tick with less damage.

Now its the same as our republic brothers 3 second channel, starts doing damage after 1 second into the channel with total of 3 ticks.

It's definitely feel like it was doing less damage than before. I think before it was "bugged" and the damage was applied too many times.

Edited by warultima

Yeah, I noticed that. It does not impress me, especially since my Powertech is even whiter than I am. What was wrong with the old animation, again?

Nothing wrong with the old animation but rather the way damage is applied. PT/Merc version pre-1.4 was superior than VG/Mando due to 1. Damage is instantly applied. 2. A LOT more ticks which means more chance to apply CGC. 3. More chance to apply CGC also means more slows. E.g with talent each tick of unload will slow target for 2 second. It's weapon based attack (so it can miss or be deflected).

Edit: old super tick spams are much better btw. You have 12 ticks each with their own chance to proc CGC, now its only 3 ticks. This means rapid shot is now twice as much likely to apply CGC (3 shots per 1.5s GCD) than Unload (3 shots within 3 second channel).

This is indeed a nerf. A nerf to Bounty Hunters to be in line with Troopers however.

Edited by warultima

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not sure about the new animation. I already liked our old animation better than the silliness that Mercs have to put up with. The gangsta style shooting has me kinda scratching my head though, at least the old animation looked like someone properly shooting a pistol with both hands.

I don't even know why any powertech even has unload on their action bar, I for one never ever use it. I just used it for the first time the other day since getting my AC just to see what it's like gangsta style.

when a shadow pops resilience, when you get kb rooted by a sniper, heck when you just want to shoot something from >10 meters away but dont want to use grapple.