SWTOR Livestream Q&A transcript

Iwipe

Nice to finally see confirmation that subscribers will be getting a monthly grant of cartel coins.

Though I'm confused as to how they can't even confirm Cathar as 2012....I mean considering how, to put it lightly, bland each species in the game actually is, I'd think they could spit them out quite rapidly.

This is what I dont understand Cathar are just painted humans. How are they even a challenge to add it, they use human body, they have human heads and so on. Only clipping issue might be ears but that seems insanly easy just remove the ears on any helmet like with Zebrek horns.

Or are they actually re-writing all the conversations and re recording all the lines to be Cathar specific in which case I can see why it would take a long time.

Daniel Errickson actually said we would see more species by the end of the year. This would indicate more than 1? and by the end of december 2012?

I kinda hope that Cathar are free so I can make 8 of them just to show they are popular and hopefully get a species I actually want to play.

Also noticed the bastardisation of many questions people asked cutting them down to give the question they wanted to answer. Personaly I am only waiting to get the stack of Cartel coins when this goes F2P then I will drop my sub and wait on a species I want to play. As I am only really running dailys to equip a new char if they bring in a decent species I imagine I wont need an active sub and can sub again when/if they add a species I want.

Edited by Izorii

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They specifically said there is NO TIMELINE yet for Cathar release to the game. My bet..... first expansion box (ie: expansion sold retail, you know like every other AAA expansion for MMOs). That is precisely when most MMOs introduce new playable races.

Oh, there is no question. Furthermore, it even makes sense.

The true question would be: do the subscription players get them for free or not? Because there is little reason to keep a sub if you have to pay for future content otherwise :)

Edited by Styxx

Oh, there is no question. Furthermore, it even makes sense.

The true question would be: do the subscription players get them for free or not? Because there is little reason to keep a sub if you have to pay for future content otherwise :)

Not to be "that guy" but nothing the sub players get is free, we are paying for it with our sub. And it really really really irks me that they are going to have "massive amounts of really cool custom gear that will make you look awesome!" And yet the new gear set for 1.4 is a really bad recolor. It shows exactly where their priorities are, and it's not supporting subbed players, it's just trying to skim more money from where they can.

Speak for yourself. It isn't just him. There wasn't any point to it because we already knew the answers to these questions because they have been asked and answered already.

Yeah, there is literally not one single answer in that which contained new information, not one.

The only one that came close is that the new race will be available through the cash shop. But even there, it is not clear if it is ONLY through the cash shop or not.

Stuff like this makes me really, really wonder if this game has any future, if these kind of over-hyped ''live'' events is the best they can do. They'll need to step up their game and they need to do it fast :((

And it really really really irks me that they are going to have "massive amounts of really cool custom gear that will make you look awesome!" And yet the new gear set for 1.4 is a really bad recolor. It shows exactly where their priorities are, and it's not supporting subbed players, it's just trying to skim more money from where they can.

Yeah, don't expect to get any good looking armor anymore as subscriber, except when you pay $$$ for it in the shop.

That's the price you pay for f2p, keeping subscribers happy is no longer the only priority: why give us stuff for free if they can make some people pay $$$ for it?

Not to be "that guy" but nothing the sub players get is free, we are paying for it with our sub. And it really really really irks me that they are going to have "massive amounts of really cool custom gear that will make you look awesome!" And yet the new gear set for 1.4 is a really bad recolor. It shows exactly where their priorities are, and it's not supporting subbed players, it's just trying to skim more money from where they can.

I don`t give a rat`s *** on looks. I can make all my toons look reasonable with what we have in the game as it stands today, so their "look awesome" sets from the future help me just as a surgery on a wooden leg.

By "free" I was talking about "by default", or not needing to pay anything extra past the subscription. And by "content" I was talking about ops, events, flashpoints, species... the regular things that add playtime.

Edited by Styxx

In other MMOs, even freemium MMOs, EVERYONE pays for a .... paid expanion product. Check around.

In other MMOs, even freemium MMOs, EVERYONE pays for a .... paid expanion product. Check around.

True, but then we have to debate and decide what is considered an expansion and by whom and in which timeframe and how many features has to have. Which is subjective anyway and in no way representative to what Bioware thinks it`s an expansion.

To ME, as an individual, having not received almost anything I wanted or having been promised, it should come with no charge, as long as I keep my sub.

We are both right in this case. Which is a first :)

I watched the video and i it made me even smile when i predicted some time ago what items will be in cartel shop at start :)

The irony of cource is AMAZING cool items from cartel packs. So after almost a year of game being out and many updates they plan to bring out "cool" armor we been asking for ages, but for real money eg cartel coins. Amd top of that it will be random.

I watched the video and i it made me even smile when i predicted some time ago what items will be in cartel shop at start :)

The irony of cource is AMAZING cool items from cartel packs. So after almost a year of game being out and many updates they plan to bring out "cool" armor we been asking for ages, but for real money eg cartel coins. Amd top of that it will be random.

Yes it seems like a great system. :rolleyes: