what would you do differently?

turnoverla-page

I think the main thing i would change is palpatines arrest it was like the 3 other jedi masters forgot how to fight

No, they should have made Palpatine like he was actually going fast.

That was what their intentions were, to make it seem to fast for the JK's to move.

No New Mandalorians.

I think they explained them very well....still I f'ing hate them.

I'd at the very least would have done some episodes with Mandalorian Mercenaries or Bounty Hunters. Or have an episode with Clones vs Mandos. With some of the Clones being old enough to recognize Jango and his heritage and thinking that would save them and when they see it doesn't they have to come to terms with it....even have an episode where they face a former instructor. I think it would have made for a decent story arc.

Read the Clone commando books. i think you'd love'em. You actually get to meet the very mandos who trained the commandos and clone battalions.

What i would do?

Made 3 more movies, 7 8 and 9, and i would of done the Thrawn Trilogy as the 3. Infact GL had every intention at one point of doing 7-9 and he said he'd of had Timothy Zahn make the thrawn trilogy into movies.

Other than that this game I'd of done this.

STOP MAKING THE GOD FORSAKEN TROOPER ARMOR AND SITH EMPIRE UNIFORMS KNOCK OFFS OF THE STUFF USED IN EP 4-6 FOR GOD SAKES! Same with the ships, IE the sith cruisers[star destroyers], the Light freighter[knock off of the falcon and ebon hawk], Fury [just a huge TIE Fighter], Imperial Operative ship [knock off of the Naboo transport in EP 1, just make it silver]. List goes on.

For the Sith Empire, how bout making their armor look like more the trooper armor in KOTOR? And the republic troopers again make their armor look more like the armor from KOTOR?

Make the Full on mando armor look like the mandos out of KOTOR? I mean for Republic ships, 300 years later and they pretty much have the same republic cruisers floating around.

And the republic troopers, looks EXACTLY like the second stage clone trooper armor in ROTS. And imperial troopers, look like the shadow troopers from Battlefield 1.

I mean come on, door was practically open to make something origional with both side's armors and uniforms and the Sith Empire's symbol!

I mean they got some things right, I mean the jedi, not hard to screw up. The smuggler's attire so far has been outstanding. The Mando's stuff/bounty hunters, well their armor never really changed so it too looks pretty good, i'd of gone closer towards KOTOR instead of closer to Boba Fett type armor.

Sorry the whole feel of this game just feels like EP 4-6, just instead of the jedi being gone, they are still around and the republic is standing in for the rebellion, other than that...:rak_02:

If i could do something differently...

I'd make the republic armor look more like they were in KOTOR 1 & 2. Same with the sith. And the Sith Empire symbol, total knock off of Palpatine's Empire.

Like the Writers of this game just decided to rip off the origional 6 movies as much as possible.

I mean on Taris, the armor actually doesn't look like Storm trooper armor if you play the republic, looks like a cross between storm trooper and Halo. Which i like, just need to ditch that damn Storm Trooper helmet.

That and the constant re-use of ships as well. Sith ship? cross between Darth maul's ship and a TIE fighter. REALLY? Plus the Sith cruiser, looks like a Star Destroyer 3000 years later, though in both the games the Sith cruisers looked like that as well, which i was never comfortable with to begin with.

My BIGGEST issue, is how things in Star Wars NEVER CHANGE. Bout the biggest thing that was different ship wise was the Mantis, but that was a nod to Slave 1. Least it didn't look like that. Imperial agent's ship looks like the Naboo cruiser from episode 1, just not shiny silver!

If i could change things, I'd make this game STAND APART as far as uniforms, symbols, ships. I mean some costume design was great. Smuggler was fantastic! Jedi and sith, not much to mess up there. But the bounty hunter, trooper and agent, were SEVERELY lacking.

There are other things I'd do to, but the list is long, and distinguished. And I don't think you all want to read them all. Or you've probably already seen them all.

Hmmm... As a new player to the game and without a huge knowledge of lore I'd say.....

MOVIE

It would have been cool to see Darth Maul beyond EP1. Too bad he died.

GAME

I'd like an emote to put your hood up or down. Wearing the hood is sometimes not so cool.

If i could do something differently...

I'd make the republic armor look more like they were in KOTOR 1 & 2. Same with the sith. And the Sith Empire symbol, total knock off of Palpatine's Empire.

Like the Writers of this game just decided to rip off the origional 6 movies as much as possible.

I mean on Taris, the armor actually doesn't look like Storm trooper armor if you play the republic, looks like a cross between storm trooper and Halo. Which i like, just need to ditch that damn Storm Trooper helmet.

That and the constant re-use of ships as well. Sith ship? cross between Darth maul's ship and a TIE fighter. REALLY? Plus the Sith cruiser, looks like a Star Destroyer 3000 years later, though in both the games the Sith cruisers looked like that as well, which i was never comfortable with to begin with.

My BIGGEST issue, is how things in Star Wars NEVER CHANGE. Bout the biggest thing that was different ship wise was the Mantis, but that was a nod to Slave 1. Least it didn't look like that. Imperial agent's ship looks like the Naboo cruiser from episode 1, just not shiny silver!

If i could change things, I'd make this game STAND APART as far as uniforms, symbols, ships. I mean some costume design was great. Smuggler was fantastic! Jedi and sith, not much to mess up there. But the bounty hunter, trooper and agent, were SEVERELY lacking.

There are other things I'd do to, but the list is long, and distinguished. And I don't think you all want to read them all. Or you've probably already seen them all.

what are your talking about? you can't rip off your own IP, you can say its a clone of the IP, you rip off other ppls IP's not your own. yes its true alot of the game is heavily influenced by the movie's. not just the armor there are lots of little things, the smuggler story featuring carbonite - han solo, bounty hunter chapter 3 - vader + bobo.

a lot of star wars fans are only familiar with the movies, SWTOR is not ripping off the movies, its cloning them to give star wars fans the chance to play out star wars in there own story. and its remaining faithful to the IP. because we all know star wars fan get a little hostile when you start changing star wars

You obviously have not seen any new trailers or clips for the upcoming Clone Wars season.

"You obviously don't know me." *mocking tone*

>.< That doesn't change anything.

I have seen all of the trailers. Don't you go off and think that's enough to sway my (Expletive) opinion just because you find it cool or you like it or whatever. I'm not some little child you can dangle keys in front and hope to distract me from my problem. (no jokes please)

While I'm glad to see Mando Action.......It hasn't changed the fact that I still hate the freaking Death Watch with a burning shoot on sight passion, I hate the New Mandalorians with a similar order, and I wish they went in a different direction. That's my opinion and some of my friends as well.

I would have rather they had gone with the Mandalorian Protectors.....who they explained existed during that time period and worked for the CIS during the Clone Wars. And they weren't a creation of Karen Traviss so we don't have to have her involvement or canon...win win situation. Yea I know the Marvel Comics are dated...but then again we do live a few years after their creation how about....idk how about Dave Filoni modernizes or you know reboot that story. Hell we're doing alot of reboots now a days. I'd be dancing and doing backflips if they did that.

That's what got me hyped when I first saw the season 2 Trailers I thought the Mandalorian Protectors were going to show up. Big let down.

That's why I would totally gone in a different direction with the Mandalorians.

End Rage/

Edited by CassusVerda

what are your talking about? you can't rip off your own IP, you can say its a clone of the IP, you rip off other ppls IP's not your own. yes its true alot of the game is heavily influenced by the movie's. not just the armor there are lots of little things, the smuggler story featuring carbonite - han solo, bounty hunter chapter 3 - vader + bobo.

a lot of star wars fans are only familiar with the movies, SWTOR is not ripping off the movies, its cloning them to give star wars fans the chance to play out star wars in there own story. and its remaining faithful to the IP. because we all know star wars fan get a little hostile when you start changing star wars

Granted you CAN rip off your IP....that's not to say however it's usually a GOOD IDEA. It's like Ian Malcolm from Jurassic Park.

"Yeah, yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should."

"You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now

[bangs on the table]

you're selling it, you wanna sell it. Well..." - Ian Malcolm

Edited by CassusVerda

Granted you CAN rip off your IP....that's not to say however it's usually a GOOD IDEA.

"rip off" is a colloquialism that means to steal, take without permission or to cheat ... so no you can't rip off your own IP since you can't steal something from yourself or cheat yourself for something you already own...

unless you're schizo and have slip personalities and didn't give yourself permission to use it I guess but that's a whole other can of worms

Edited by Liquidacid

"rip off" is a colloquialism that means to steal, take without permission or to cheat ... so no you can't rip off your own IP since you can't steal something from yourself or cheat yourself for something you already own...

unless you're schizo and have slip personalities and didn't give yourself permission to use it I guess but that's a whole other can of worms

*Facepalm* I was just using the term the previous poster used so he'll understand what I'm talking about. If anything lecture him on colloquialism.

My point still stands. Yes you can use elements from your setting, of course that's your right, though that doesn't automatically make it a good idea to do so. I.E. Just because you can, doesn't always mean you should.

Edited by CassusVerda

well with that long post, the whole point, was the fact it makes the game STALE.

I mean reliving the movies, make a game based off the movies.

It's 3000 years before.

Re using carbon freezing. You think they wouldn't of had something less evolved?

I mean it's basically STATIC, now or 3000 years later when luke skywalker faces Storm troopers.

I mean 3000 years and there is no evolution in equipment or tech, or weapons. Biggest issue i've ever had with SW. NOTHING CHANGED.

THAT is the point i am making. Do something different. why in KOTOR the armor was different, and atleast the republic ships were different, but i am sick and tired of the SW universe reusing the imperial star destroyer triangle model.

Come on! can't do ANYTHING else?

Edited by TalonVII