Quality of Life Improvements in Game Update 1.4

CourtneyWoods

Excelent changes

in addition I believe we should add the ability to change some of your characteristiscs such as hair tattoes ect

also we need to have out ships function more like player housing, its already in the game why not use it :)

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been hoping for a companion Helm toggle on and off. It's just that some of the helms, especially light armor, are outrageously hideous. Now they wont appear so unappealing while standing next to me. Thanks. Edited by xorcist

Good stuff good stuff, hey here's an idea for you guys, please add the number of commendations you currently have to the PvP/PvE store windows so we don't have to look at our inventory, minor, but it would be helpful. Edited by Devilk

Some nice tweaks :) I personally can't wait for Group Finder to send you back to your mission area. It was a pain getting shipped to fleet then having to go back, especially if you're leveling an alt and do multi random FP. I don't really care about PvP (never even tried one yet :D)

The main thing people have to remember I guess is that this is a fairly new game and people have to be patient with the changes / improvements. People seem to forget that WoW and some other mmo's have been around for decades and they still have problems. Bioware will get them fixed, after all, the game is new. People can't expect EVERYTHING to be done yesterday. I personally love the game and I think they are doing a great job. Patience people, patience. Even mankind wasn't created in one day :p

*LOL* Compromise?

Why did we need compromise? Teleporting back to where we started from is a common MMO feature. You make it sound like we're being naughty and need to EARN a perk? Really? Why so condescending? Why so arrogant? I don't need your approval for wanting "quality of life."

What on earth are you people thinking? Compromise? For what, based on what? Just give us the ####ed feature, no irrational or judgmental strings attached. Why do you need to irk adults needlessly? This isn't Lord of the Flies, or maybe it is on the devs side of the fence.

And another thing... ! :)

Like so many sacred cows that I KNEW you would back off of, this is another one. So ill conceived, it shows a lack of leadership and experience. Here me now and believe me later :) you will back off this compromise nonsense. Why does it not make sense? Because it makes no sense to put conditions on "sometimes you go back to where you were (if you killed a boss?!?) and sometimes you don't", that the minority of quacks like me who take the time to try to communicate with the ivory tower here on the forums, most players don't, and won't understand the non-intuative lack of consistency and will be confused as **** by this nonsense. It will fail as a game experience. You will change it. Mark my words. Do yourself a favor and cut that so-called "compromise" now before you start down that path. It's just pure nonsense.

Any improvement is nice...but what would really knock the socks off my toons, and be the best quality of life improvement possible, would be the ability to Dual Spec.

you have a dual spec, i assume you are talking about the option to change talents and gear in 1 click?

if it's only the dual talent tree, legacy perk for in-the-field-respec sais hi.

please read page 10, there was this nice guy who actually worded it way better the 'dual-spec'

Edited by Ifrica

*LOL* Compromise?

Why did we need compromise? Teleporting back to where we started from is a common MMO feature. You make it sound like we're being naughty and need to EARN a perk? Really? Why so condescending? Why so arrogant? I don't need your approval for wanting "quality of life."

What on earth are you people thinking? Compromise? For what, based on what? Just give us the ####ed feature, no irrational or judgmental strings attached. Why do you need to irk adults needlessly? This isn't Lord of the Flies, or maybe it is on the devs side of the fence.

The continued application of some few's sacred cows continue to be appalling to adult players. I haven't reported to mommy and daddy for 30 years now.

Leadership here continues to try to be laughable, if it wasn't first insulting and maddening (needlessly).

signed,

Still waiting to be able to unite my Rep and Emp toons to a common server, since you post-launch created Legacy and other features, including HK story lines that require cross-faction avatars, to make same server desired. Sacred cows on server matters, confounding prior sacred cows on faction treatment, to needlessly impact player experiences.

while you are claiming that you are an adult, your answer isn't as mature as an adult reply would be, if anything, you're the arrogant one in this reply.

Now I'm not all-knowing, but maybe, just maybe, there was a reason that everyone teleported back to the fleet, seeing that the entrance for the instance is there.

LOL, here's some news for you. Turn off chat bubbles if you don't like to see people talking or talking to you. Solved.

hehe, here's some news for you, you should learn to read people's posts ;)

Viraxis clearly said : there better be a way to turn themoff when they do finally come around.

so basicly he'll want to turn them off as you suggest but hoped there will be an option to turn them off.

and i second that motion, i already see it being implemented without an option to turn them off, what will happen then? screenflood with chat bubbles.

I like 3 QOL improvements to come! Moods are pretty out of scope for me without improving the camera zoom in/out and disabling camera resetting position at any move. I look forward to all of them though.

Next big QOL for me would be Medical Droids and spawning point in beginning of FP / Ops and progressively moving to last killed boss position to avoid that: death, 1 min loading screen, step backwards through portal, 1 min loading screen, run.

Of course, there are people screaming about implementing features they want, bleh bleh bleh. People have been asking for changes to how loot is handled since launch. There were a ton of huge flamewar threads suggesting this very feature.

o_O

Odd that I seem to have missed ''a ton'' of threads, I never saw anyone ask for this roll-for-your-friend-and-trade-the-item-if-you-win feature.

it makes no sense to put conditions on "sometimes you go back to where you were (if you killed a boss?!?) and sometimes you don't"

Yeah. It's as if someone said ''we'll add this return feature, we're gonne add conditions to it just because we can''. I do NOT understand at all why they added the condition. It's pure stubborness, I think.

Yeah. It's as if someone said ''we'll add this return feature, we're gonne add conditions to it just because we can''. I do NOT understand at all why they added the condition. It's pure stubborness, I think.

as someone else mentioned, it's probably to prevent people using it as a free fleet-pass, which makes sense imo

Bind on Pickup and Bind on Legacy items will now have a 2 hour limit in which they can be exchanged. If they were a loot item, you can freely give the item to any party member who was in on the kill and therefore eligible to loot the item.

That's nice and all, but how about making it so you can't roll need on items you can't use? That was discussed months ago...what happened to doing that?

o_O

Odd that I seem to have missed ''a ton'' of threads, I never saw anyone ask for this roll-for-your-friend-and-trade-the-item-if-you-win feature.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=507429

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=253298

I found these two in literally 5 seconds of looking. Care to make any more completely made-up statements?

The thing is this is merely an interface to something already in game. Chat bubbles are something new, and therefore would require more development, and as has been mentioned, something others may be against.

I for one can't fathom the strong desire for these.

Appropriate use of Say or whispers would seem to get the job done better.

If you've ever roleplayed on a roleplaying server before or after the merges you'd know that in large groups of about 8-12 people it's nearly impossible to keep track of the things happening with both /emote and /say rushing in almost FTL-speeds in the chat window.

Even small groups of 3-4 people can be difficult to keep track of and it's very easy to miss if something is directed to you or not. Though of course, this isn't an issue just for roleplayers, sometimes in Warzones I & even some of my friends find ourselves seeing someone write in chat "Help!" and have no clue where they are unless I open the map or spin around.

With chat bubbles, I'd have been able to see the location of the player who wrote it (granted that he was in range & and I know this might not be the best example, but please bare with me).

I must admit that I do find myself a little disappointed at Bioware, supposedly the "best" RPG-company out there, for not having this simply feature that would do so much for the community and not only the roleplayers.

And it should be remembered that Bioware did infact have speechbubbles in the early beta I believe, but removed it for whatever reason (it probably wasn't working as it should), so I doubt it'd be a completely new features seeing as the old one they had would just need some refining.

As I said in my previous post, these features are all nice and well but what I really want to see is the addition of chat bubbles and of course this should be a feature that can be turned on and off for the people who don't want them, or only want them at certain points or events.

But at the same time I do have to give Bioware credit for adding the character moods and the two hour refund/trade window, both of these are great additions. I am a bit skeptical about the compromise with the LFD system, but I don't have much to say about it until I can try it myself... right now it feels kinda silly, but what do I know?

I hope Bioware will keep up the work to add more good things to their game.

Always glad for improvements, but for me it's one small step forward after 50 steps backwards when you destroyed the identity of players by creating shared legacy names and forced name changes from the server mergers. Edited by jassalelon